Tips and Reviews on Best Small Air Fryers Reviews in 2022
You have a small kitchen and are looking for the best small air fryer for it? If so, you should read these reviews. The article will help you to know more about the pros and cons of the top products that are available on the market in recent days.
An air fryer is a small kitchen appliance that cooks food with hot air by circulating it around the food at high speed. By using a small amount of oil, cooking with an air fryer produces healthier results than deep-fried foods without sacrificing taste.
The appliance works through a combination of convection and conduction methods. As hot air is blown over the food, its contents are heated mainly from convectional heat transfer via forced movement inside the chamber surrounding your fried food.
Conduction in this case happens in part thanks to direct contact between the base of your frying basket and the surface of a heating element built into your device. And voila! You have crispier fries in way less time by using much less oil than by frying in a pan or deep-fryer.
In the last few years, air fryers have become one of the most popular kitchen appliances on the market. With a number of different models and brands to choose from, it can be difficult to find the best choice for your needs. Luckily, I have compiled a list of the 5 best small air fryer options that should meet all your requirements.
Top 5 Best Small Air Fryers Reviews in 2022
If you’re looking for a small air fryer that can still pack a punch, then consider one of these models. From sleek and powerful options to more affordable choices, there’s an air fryer on this list for everyone.
1) Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer
The Ninja Max XL Air Fryer is exciting because it delivers guilt-free fried food by significantly reducing the amount of fat in your fried foods. The cooking method seals vitamins and nutrients in air fryer fries, saving up to 75% of grease when compared to traditional deep frying.
Not only does this small air fryer use less oil than standard fryers, but this newest Ninja also makes food crisper than ever before with its Max crisp technology that allows for 450 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures! The air fryer is an amazing kitchen appliance that makes cooking and serving healthier and tastier than ever before.
It’s so easy to use with the simple control pane! Built-in sensors take the guesswork out of cooking, and dishwasher-safe parts make cleanup easy, so there is more time for you to get creative with delicious dishes like oven-fresh steaks or crispy chicken wings. You can even broil your food right in the air fryer using the rack!
The space-saving 5.5-quart basket, plus crisper plate will fit 3 pounds of french fries or chicken wings to make a crispier meal quickly. This model comes with many functions like Max crisp, air fry, air roast, air broil, and more which can all be done at super high temperatures for faster cooking times.
With this powerful small air fryer, all you need are some fresh ingredients and a little creativity to experience the restorative properties found in crunchy, delicious crispy-fried taste without all the guilt or mess!
- 7 cooking preset options for up to 75% fat decreased
- Simple control button panel with a temp range from 105 to 450F
- A 5-quart nonstick ceramic coating basket with a crisper plate
- Come with a broil rack and 20 easy-to-follow recipes
- Cook 30% faster than Ninja AF100 air fryers
- Small and compact design for easy storage
- Cooking quietly and quickly with very crispy results
- Easy and quick to clean, perfect for students’ dorm
- Able to grill indoor without any smoke
- No cord storage pocket
2) Chefman TurboFry 3.6 Quart Air Fryer Oven
The Chefman TurboFry Air Fryer uses air instead of oil to create crisp, healthy fried foods – with restaurant-quality results just about every time! Enjoy crispy chicken wings, crusty french fries, or even heart-healthy veggies without any added fat by using this small air fryer.
This state-of-the-art fryer offers variable temperature control for the perfect taste and texture while cutting out at least 98% of the calories from your frying endeavors. With a smart design that leaves room on your countertops, this cooker is sure to become a staple in your kitchen – minus all the oils typically used to cook meals.
This sleek, rounded air fryer is perfect for personal cooking. With a temperature range from 200 to 400 degrees F, you can control the temperature of your food with ease. Easy to store away when not in use, this turbo air fryer has uses 40% more space than other brands while still being designed to be extremely compact.
Featuring a digital temperature control and 60-minute timer, this safe and simple small air fryer heats up almost anything with minimal oil needed – whether it’s frozen vegetables or mozzarella sticks! The non-stick dishwasher-safe removable basket makes for easy clean-up in case anything gets messy.
- LED digital display with simple touch control
- 4 cooking options with 80% less fat and calories
- A flat plate to maximize 3.6-quart cooking capacity
- Temp range from 200 to 400F with a 60-min timer
- Come with recipes and a 1-year assurance
- Cook foods safer with an auto-off function in a really short time
- Large capacity for singles, couples, or sole parents
- Easy to clean with dishwasher-safe parts and a cool-touch body
- Useful cookbook for starters or who never be in the kitchen
- The electric cord is not too long
3) Dash Tasti Crisp Electric Air Fryer 1000-Watt 2.6 Quart
The Tasti crisp AirFryer is the latest revolution in kitchen countertop features. Anyone who loves deep-fried food will be impressed with this small air fryer’s AirCrisp Technology, which completely replaces oil by circulating hot air around your favorite dishes for an easier, healthier alternative!
Get mouthwatering results in half the time with this compact, lightweight appliance. Not only is it perfect for picky eaters, but also those who have busy schedules or are always on the go. With the innovative features like preset buttons, you’ll find cooking delicious crisp isn’t so vexing anymore.
It’s the only appliance dedicated to frying with no smoke, splatter, or messy clean-up! This convenient countertop air fryer is sized for any kitchen, making it easier to store while still providing ample 2.6-quart cooking capacity.
With a cool-touch housing and handle as well as auto-shutoff function to prevent overcooking, this is an investment worth its weight in gold! Moreover, the sleek design of this small air fryer will accent compliment any kitchen space!
- Nonstick coating 2.6-quart cooking basket
- A dial simple control with an auto-shutoff feature
- Lightweight and compact construction
- Cook foods for up to 80% fat and oil decreased
- Easily cook 1 bag of fries or 6 wings at once
- Cute and convenient design for easy storage
- Perfect for small accommodations for 1-2 people
- Easy to clean and cook without odor smell
- The number of the dial knob is easy to wear off
4) GoWISE USA Electric Mini Air Fryer 2 Quart
The GoWise Mini air fryer features a compact design for use in small kitchens or college dorms, making it the perfect kitchen appliance to have on your side when you are trying to make meals with little clean-up. With its single basket capacity of 2 quarts, this can be used when cooking for 1-2 people at once without any hassle.
This small air fryer is the perfect gift under the tree for everyone. Give this multifunctional air fryer to college students, moms, dads, or even grandparents. With up to 60 minutes of cooking time with a wide temperature range from 180 – 400 degrees F, you are sure to find something delicious in this little package.
With five preset cooking modes and touch screen controls, preparing favorite meals is fast and easy. From donuts to French fries to bacon, forget about soggy food again with this small air fryer that cooks everything piping-hot without sticking or added oil! It even works for powering frozen goodies like pizza rolls and healthy quesadillas!
Just select the Frozen Food button on the display panel to quickly cook up an appetizing meal whenever hunger strikes. A simple touch of a button will let you whip up your favorite snack or celebrate that winning touchdown in seconds. Cleanup is easy too because, after frying, all you need is hot water and soap!
- 5 preset functions with a temp range from 180 to 400 F
- A large touchscreen display control with a 60-min timer
- A 2-quart nonstick coating frying basket with a crisper tray
- Come with 50 recipes and high-power heating elements
- Perfect size for 1 to 2 people with a compact design
- Cook food crisper, safer, and faster without preheating
- Fancy appearance with the attractive touchscreen
- Short electric cord
5) Chefman 2-Quart TurboFry Personal Air Fryer
With just oils and a little bit of water, the Chefman Air Fryer takes your favorite crispy snacks to new levels! Now you can achieve restaurant-style mouthfuls without having to deep fry. Healthy frying is finally achieved with the use of 98% less fat than traditional fryers.
The personal size small air fryer has saved space on shelves, countertops and cabinets only using 2 quarts so it’s perfect for any small kitchen, dorm room or office. Plus, there won’t be any greasy messes around as this product will keep your cooking area clean and tidy because there’s no need for oil or flaring fats!
With a detachable cooking basket and such features such as an auto shut off after 60 minutes of cooking time this product will make you feel better about all those times you wanted some yummy food but couldn’t send out for takeout. Its exterior is cool to the touch so it’s safe for your whole family.
- Adjustable temperature range from 200 to 400 F
- A 2-quart nonstick coating frying basket and tray
- Compact design with up to 98% oil reduced
- Come with a one-year warranty from the supplier
- Small and lightweight for easy storage
- Easy and intuitive to use and operate
- Clean up is a breeze with the sleek surface
- Very cheap price for a quick and efficient unit
- The suggested time in the instruction is not accurate
Benefits of Small Air Fryers
I love fried food, but I know all too well that frying food in a pan of oil is not the healthiest option for my family. And it’s not just about heart attacks and diabetes. As part of a healthy diet, there are less obvious side effects that come from being exposed to high levels of cooking oils on a daily basis.
Options such as air fryers offer an alternative way of cooking without the need for added fats. In fact, some options cook with almost no added fat at all. But does every small air fryer have the same benefits? Here are some benefits that you can get when purchasing these small models.
1. Healthier Cooking
The main benefit of air fryers is the health benefits associated with cooking without oil. Have you ever noticed that it’s easier to end up with soggy food when you cook in water or steam instead of oil?
That doesn’t happen as much with smaller fryers because the way they work allows for meat and veggies to be crisp and flavorful coated in a delectable and tasty seasoning. And your food won’t be dripping in fat either!
2. Compact Size
One of the main issues people have when thinking about buying an air fryer is finding room for it on their countertops. But many small models offer compact sizes which will not take up much space.
Many models are also designed with a vertical stand which is ideal if you have limited countertop or cupboard space. This means that it won’t matter where you live either because the small size will fit into any kitchen no matter how tiny!
3. Cooking Capacity
A common misconception about most small air fryers is that they can only cook one piece of chicken at a time, but this isn’t always the case. While some are indeed quite small, there are other models which have an impressive 3 liter capacity for cooking large batches of food quickly and easily.
You will find that many options can hold anywhere between 2-3 pounds of fresh food with ease making them perfect for cooking meals for a smaller family.
4. Easy to Clean
Some models of small air fryers are designed with a drawer at the bottom that can be removed and emptied easily after cooking without coming into contact with oil or grease. This makes them much easier to manage when it comes to cleaning up your kitchen afterward while ensuring that you remain safer while cooking too.
I find this option perfect for people who do not have a dishwasher because these models can be placed in there on top of the cutlery tray making clean-up a breeze!
5. Simple Controls
Small fryers tend to have fewer controls than larger ones but if anything this simplifies their use more than anything else. Most come with one or two temperature control dials which you can use to change the temperature depending on what you are cooking.
Many also allow you to set a timer so that your food is ready exactly when you need it. This makes them perfect for first-time users since they don’t have to worry about struggling with multiple switches and knobs before they even get started!
6. Perfect for Busy Home Cooks
One of the biggest questions I get asked about small air fryers is whether or not they are easy to use. And it’s no surprise considering the number of appliances that people have in their kitchens these days!
But small fryers are perfect for busy home cooks because they usually take between 5-10 minutes to heat up before you can cook anything. This means there’s no need to preheat or wait around for ages until your food is finished cooking.
Once you have placed your food into the basket, it will only be a matter of minutes before you can start enjoying crunchy, tasty meals!
7. Fast Cooking Times
One of the fastest cooking options available today is also one of the smallest, making them perfect for those who are time-starved and in a hurry to make a meal.
You will find that many of these fryers can cook food in under 10 minutes at the touch of a button, making them perfect for when you are short on time during busy weekdays!
You might be wondering how much small fryers cost considering they are not as big or powerful as larger models. The good news is that most small fryers are surprisingly cheap with most being priced between $50-100.
While this might sound expensive to some people it’s important to remember that they use less power so most will save you money in the long run while also reducing your impact on the environment too!
Buying Guides for Small Air Fryers
Sometimes, the size of a product matters. In some cases, you don’t need a huge appliance as long as it can deliver what you are looking for. And this is especially true if you live alone or with your partner. Small-sized appliances are perfect for those living on their own or those who want to cook small portions from time to time.
But how do you choose a good small fryer? Taking a look at some consumer reports and online reviews should give you a better perspective of what considerations you need best. Then again, I have got all the information you need here in this section! Let’s see which factors you should care about when buying small air fryers:
Size and Capacity
The size of the fryer is important to determine if it’s truly portable or not. For some people, 6 inches in diameter makes a perfect fit while others find that it takes too much space after all.
You can check out online reviews before deciding if it’s truly worth buying one for your kitchen cabinet. There are also small air fryers with larger sizes (like 8 inches) but these are usually more expensive than their smaller counterparts.
On the other hand, capacity does matter when you want to cook food for several people at once. Most small appliances yield around 1-3 quarts only which make them perfect for cooking small portions of fried foods like potatoes, fish and meatballs, etc.
What concerns me the most is the issue of safety. I always check out if a small fryer can shut itself down after it reaches its preset cooking time; otherwise, you need to monitor your food while it’s frying to stay safe.
Some small air fryers automatically turn off when they detect smoke yet others tend to emit odd smells and smell like plastic (which might be harmful). The best choice is an air fryer with a cool-touch handle which allows you to easily open and remove the basket instead of burning your fingers in the process – obviously, nobody wants that!
Aside from the size, you also need to consider if your small fryer can do more than just cooking fried food. If this is your first time buying an air fryer, perhaps it’s best to look at some inexpensive models for beginners.
These are smaller in size yet still capable of frying foods without oil or butter. You can also find bigger devices which can cook other dishes like meatballs, steaks, and vegetables. If you want a product with advanced features, check out the list of top-rated models above.
Small air fryers are expected to yield little differences in terms of taste and crispiness. For instance, a normal oven may cook a frozen chicken breast differently from a room temperature one. This is not necessarily the case for small fryers though; most of them work perfectly fine with frozen foods!
They are usually great at cooking traditional fried favorites like fries, chicken wings, and fish sticks without requiring you to pre-heat the oil (you can also cook oils like butter or olive oil with these appliances). Plus, most models come with interchangeable baskets so it’s easy to clean out any dirt after cooking.
Easy Care and Maintainance
It’s good to have a small fryer made of dishwasher-safe parts so you can easily clean it after cooking. The removable nonstick or ceramic coating pans are also great for easy cleaning and don’t require any kind of scrubbing. Some models come with detachable cords which make storage easier too.
For me, the most important thing about buying small air fryers is affordability. You can find decent products online even if you are on a tight budget – these are good options for beginners who want to cook healthier foods at home without resorting to deep frying in oils yet still delicious enough to satisfy your cravings.
In general, you can get a mini air fryer with a 2-quart capacity for less than $50 while more expensive models have bigger sizes and advanced features which make them perfect for versatile usage.
So now you already know what to look for when buying a small fryer, the rest is up to you! I know there are several good choices in the market which makes it harder for me to pick one. But hey, this is where my list of best small appliances comes in – check out all my recommendations and choose a great appliance today.
How to Use Small Air Fryers to Cook
Quinoa Arancini Air Fryer Recipe
Quinoa arancini is a great way to use up leftover or cooked quinoa. It is a perfect healthier recipe for kids and adults alike, especially for those who want to avoid carbs.
In this recipe, I used frozen rice balls from Wholefoods as the base with my air fryer. This is definitely not how you make traditional risotto-style arancini but it saves some time and works well with a different flavor profile.
Arancini can be made with lots of fillings such as tuna fish, peas and cheese, ham and cheese, etc. Today we are going to go fancy with sweet caramelized onions flavored with lavender. It tastes really good inside risotto-shaped rice balls!
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers (organic and gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Risotto-shaped rice balls from Wholefoods (I used frozen ones; around 25 pieces)
- Your favorite marinara sauce for serving (optional)
- Add olive oil, quinoa, dried lavender flowers, and white sugar into a frying pan. Turn on low heat and cook them for about 5 minutes until the quinoa is slightly dry.
- Make balls out of rice using your hands (instructions to follow). Coat each ball with the cooked quinoa mixture by pressing it inside the rice ball carefully with your palms or rolling it gently with your fingers.
- Put risotto-shaped rice balls onto a plate lined with parchment paper to prevent sticking to other pieces while you are coating them all.
- Assemble your small air fryer basket by adding 1 cup of baby carrots, 3 to 4 frozen risotto-shaped rice balls into the device at first. Then add your air fryer basket and set the timer to 5 minutes on 350 degrees F.
- When you hear a beep, open up the lid of your device and check if rice balls are cooked. If they don’t look completely cooked yet, just leave them in there for another couple of minutes until they are done.
The lavender flower is optional but highly recommended for this recipe because it gives an excellent flavor that goes great with sweet onions! If you don’t like lavender flowers then you can skip that part. Onion jam is not very difficult to make but it can take time because of the stirring process over low heat to thicken up the sauce.
The good news is if you have already made or cooked quinoa (or any rice for that matter), this recipe does not require much attention! Let me tell you something though; eating these little balls is super fun and addictive! Have fun cooking with your kids too!
Chicken Tenders Air Fryer Recipe
Chicken tenders are one of the most popular foods in Western culture. But not everyone knows how to make them at home when you factor in all the breading and frying that’s involved. This recipe for chicken tenders will cut your prep time down significantly by using just some ingredients with your small air fryer!
- 1 pound of skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, grated
- Place the chicken tenders into a large bowl. Then, add in the dijon mustard and mix until evenly covered. Now, place your flour in another bowl. Add salt pepper to taste and the grated parmesan cheese.
- Mix these ingredients together to create your breading mixture. Next, pour approximately four tablespoons of olive oil into the small air fryer basket (or pan). Toss to coat evenly over all areas of the pan/basket.
- Pour your flour mixture into one pie plate or another container with high sides for dipping purposes (you will drop them into this dry mixture before coating them in the wet marinade).
- Dip each chicken tender into the wet marinade mix. Then, drop them individually into the flour mixture and coat each piece thoroughly.
- Once your chicken tenders are covered in your breading mix, place them onto the oiled basket/pan inside of your small air fryer. Move the basket around while cooking so that all sides get browned evenly (approximately 8 minutes for maximum crispiness).
- Avoid opening or removing the lid during cook time to let heat properly circulate throughout the container. This will help ensure uniform cooking without having any cold spots where items aren’t cooked thoroughly!
- After chicken tenders are finished frying, allow them to cool on paper towels before enjoying with barbecue sauce or other dipping sauces.
Beef Wellington Wontons Air Fryer Recipe
Beef Wellington Wontons is a very easy and simple recipe. Beef Wellington is a dish made with filet mignon coated with pâté and duxelles, which is wrapped in puff pastry. It is then baked until the pastry is browned and flaky. This is the wontons version of this delicious luxury dish.
- 12 small square wonton wrappers
- 5 oz of Pâté (optional)
- 1 oz of Duxelles mushroom (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 8 Sliced prosciutto or smoked ham (8 slices per beef fillet – 4 on each side of the fillet)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard (optional)
- Mix the Pâté (optional), Duxelles mushroom (optional), and olive oil. Put half of the mixture on each prosciutto slice and spread evenly.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a clean work surface with a point toward you. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto the center of each wrapper, leaving a border around the edge.
- Fold in half over filling, pressing edges to seal well. Dip your finger in water and moisten all 4 edges of each wonton wrapper.
- Fold opposite corners together to form a triangle, pressing gently to seal well. Heat your small air fryer at 370 degrees F for 2 minutes or set it at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes if you have no airfryer.
- Place beef fillets on a cutting board and season with salt and pepper. Put it in the freezer for about 8 minutes or until firm but not frozen. You can also place it in the fridge overnight if you have more time. Slice each beef fillet into 4 equal-sized wide pieces (if you are using 1 fillet cut it into 2).
- Place 1 slice of prosciutto on your work surface, top with 1 piece of meat, then another slice of prosciutto, followed by the remaining 1 piece of meat making sure that the seam side is against the cutting board so that you seal them nicely while cooking.
- Roll to enclose filling and transfer to a plate, seam side down. Repeat with remaining beef. Place the beef in the air fryer basket (or in a baking tray if you are using an oven).
- Put in the preheated oven and cook for 4 minutes, then turn them over to cook on the other side. If you are using a small air fryer, each slice should be well cooked within 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven or air fryer and transfer onto a plate or cutting board. Let it cool down for about 1 minute. Carve each stuffed piece of meat into 6 pieces forming 6 small cubes per fillet, discarding excess fat if necessary.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately warm or cold, accompanied by mustard sauce if desired (mix 1 of Dijon mustard with a bit of water and olive oil).
If you don’t want to eat them right away, keep the prepared wontons in a greased tray, cover them with plastic wrap, and store Beef Wellington Wontons in the fridge for up to 2 days. Do not freeze as they will lose their crunchiness.
FAQs about Small Air Fryers
Are small air fryers worth it?
If you like fast and healthy cooking, an air fryer is a good choice. Air fryers are more energy-efficient than traditional ovens because they cook food by using hot air instead of oil. Also, they cut the cooking time in half compared to ovens without any added oil or fats!
You can now enjoy dishes that are fried quickly and that only need a small amount of oil. There is no additional oil needed for your food when you cook it with an air fryer. This means healthier meals for you and your family!
What can you not cook in an air fryer?
Poultry, steak, fish, and even vegetables can all be cooked in an air fryer, though there are some types of food that should not be used in this small countertop appliance. Here are some things not to cook in a small air fryer:
- Breaded foods will taste delicious when prepared in an air fryer but breading actually poses problems for the appliance itself.
- Starchy foods are usually fine for cooking in an air fryer but there are some exceptions like potato wedges will cook up nicely if they are first parboiled, drained, and patted dry before cooking.
- Unless you have a dehydrating function, foods such as apples, pineapple, honeydew melon, and carrots will retain their shape but should not be cooked longer than a minute or two at high temperatures because they may be caramelized.
- Liquids have a tendency to explode out of the small air fryer cooking basket when being prepared using hot oil so this should never be done with any dish that contains water as part of its ingredients.
Do air fryers use a lot of electricity?
Not really, it depends on how much you use it. Some people have reported using an air fryer for 4 hours a day on the highest setting, but this would be extremely unusual! The average person might use theirs for around 2-3 hours a week depending on the frequency of cooking.
Conclusion about Small Air Fryers
There are so many different models of small air fryers to choose from, but these five have been rated the best by customers. You should consider one of these five best air fryers as your final choice.
When picking a product, it’s important to think about how you want to use the device and if that matches what an individual brand offers. If you are looking for something with multiple cooking settings, then this may be a good option for you.
In contrast, someone who wants their food fried without any fuss or hassle would find great joy in having one of my top picks. I hope I was able to help narrow down your list of small air fryer choices by providing some information on each of these devices so they can make more sense out of all the different options available!