Tips and Reviews on Best NuWave Air Fryers in 2021
If you are searching for a NuWave Air Fryer, you are at the right place! NuWave is an iconic American appliance company that specializes in the production of high-quality air fryers. Their products are known for their innovative features and ease of use. This blog post will serve as a guide to choose your best air fryer available on the market today, with each product being thoroughly reviewed below.
Learning all basic factors is necessary before buying your best NuWave air fryer. An air fryer is a small kitchen appliance that can be used for cooking food. It uses convection heating, like an oven. However, while some conventional ovens heat up all of the surfaces and make some areas hotter than others (a result of having heated coils and/or hot air), an air fryer’s contents are evenly heated by a fan.
This means that oil is not necessary to cook the food, and some cooks choose to use no oil at all in their fryers. Air fryers tend to be smaller than conventional oven-style appliances, such as electric roasters or gas stoves. They also have nonstick interiors that allow cooks to clean the inside of their air fryers quickly and easily without using any harsh chemicals.
Air fryers are marketed as a healthier alternative to deep-frying because it uses less oil, but the air is still hot enough to create crispy food that tastes delicious. This means that cooks do not have to settle for low-fat meals cooked with little oil in place of their favorite fried foods.
The NuWave air fryer is a powerful and versatile kitchen appliance that can be used to make fried food without having to add any oil. It is an air fryer that uses infrared technology to cook your food.
There is a variety of NuWave models available and we’ve compiled some information about each one including its specs, features and more to help you decide what the best choice might be for you. The followings are all quality products, but they vary in features and functionality depending on your needs and budget.
Top 6 Best NuWave Air Fryers in 2021 that you can buy
1) NuWave Brio 6-Quart Air Fryer
This product is considered one of the best air fryers you can choose among the many options available on Amazon. This product is the perfect product for anyone who needs fast and healthy cooking options without all the mess and preparation time associated with today’s high-end products.
The NuWave Brio has a vast temperature range of 100°F to 400°F, allowing you to cook any meal to your preference. It features Reheat and Preheat buttons as well as six popular preprogrammed dishes for added convenience.
The air fryer reigns supreme as one of the best large air fryers for those who want unmatched control and precision with every great portion dish. It is a compact air fryer designed for cooking delicious fried food without the use of oil. It uses superheated air to cook your favorite fried treats with less heat, lower calories, and less fat than traditional deep frying methods.
The advanced thermometer gauges of the NuWave Air Fryer your desired temperature so you can remain in complete control of this most important aspect of cooking, allowing chefs to cook evenly and without excess fat or the risk of overheating. The included recipe book shows you how to get started!
- It will shut off if you remove the basket for safety
- Large enough to cook two pounds of fries or a 3.5-pound chicken
- It has a removable divider that makes cooking more convenient
- The non-stick and dishwasher safe frying basket is easy to clean up
- Include a 36-recipe cookbook and NuWave Cooking Club App
- Evenly distributed hot air
- A perfect appliance for diet and for the whole family or 1 person
- The buttons are blurry after weeks of using
2) NuWave Bravo XL Air Fryer 30-Quart 10-in-1
Cook food from golden brown French fries to melt-in-your-mouth steaks with the NuWave Bravo XL Air Fryer. This air fryer can cook anything at a 100°F to 450°F temperature, making it perfect for everyday chefs and those looking for new cooking methods. The NuWave Bravo XL Air Fryer is a convection oven that circulates hot steam around to cook your food faster and more evenly.
With 12 preprogrammed menu settings all in one, this NuWave Air Fryer will exceed your expectations of what a large air fryer is capable of doing. These settings make food prep even simpler while individualized settings allow you to control your cooking experience completely.
With a full cubic foot to work with, you’ll be cooking whatever your heart desires in no time at all and getting creative with up to 5 different stages! This machine has the power and utility for everything from a 10-pound chicken to a 13-inch pizza, ensuring precision cook times every single time.
The NuWave Bravo Air Fryer comes with many features to make your cooking experience ultimate. The non-stick parts and dishwasher-safe attachments ensure easy cleanup and minimal stress for skilled home chefs up to think cooks alike.
- The Nuwave Bravo Air Fryer comes with a digital temperature probe to avoid overcooking
- It has a heat-resistant door
- It has a cool-to-the-touch handle
- A removable tray makes cleaning more easily
- The settings are customizable so you can cook the way you want
- Include a 40-recipe cookbook and NuWave Cooking Club App
- Safer and more efficient
- Save money on electric bills
- It may be hard to use the first time if you are not familiar with technology
3) NuWave Brio 15.5 Qt Large Capacity Air Fryer
This Nuwave Air Fryer is a must-have for any kitchen! Not only does it help you stay healthy by not using oil or frying, but also allows you to jet fry all your favorite food. Perfect for those with busy lifestyles who are always on the go. This amazing appliance cooks crispy goods without all the messiness, fats and calories of traditional cooking methods.
Turn mealtime into an event that requires minimal effort with this 15-quart large capacity air fryer that includes Flavor Infusion Technology which helps cook from frozen! Therefore, NuWave Brio 15.5 Qt Air Fryer is perfect for large families!
Its integrated digital temperature probe cooks your food just right- automatically cooking until it’s done. You can also save money and time because it shuts off after the desired temperature has been reached so you don’t have to worry about overcooking or undercooking your meals ever again with this high-quality air fryer which helps our environment by using less oil than other models on the market today!
The NuWave Brio 15.5 Qt Air Fryer also comes with features like dishwasher-safe components, cord wraps and aluminum construction, which make clean up a breeze.
- The product comes with an integrated temperature probe that helps users control cooking better and more easily
- Multi-level design to cook different food at the same time
- A handy removable front door to clean quickly and easily
- Wide cooking range temperature from 100F to 400F degree
- The NuWave Brio 15.5 Qt Air Fryer comes with a 1-year warranty and NuWave Cooking Club App
- Easy to clean up with non-stick and stainless steel accessories
- Cooks great and quietly, not heating the kitchen
- The Grill Plate of this air fryer is perfect for sear and grill marks
- The door of the air fryer is not secure so always be careful when opening
4) NuWave Brio 10 Qt Air Fryer
The NuWave Brio 10 Qt Air Fryer infuses your favorite foods with impressive cooking technology so you can prepare faster, easier and more healthfully. This air fryer is perfect for large families capable of cooking a whole 8-pound chicken into perfect strips with just the push of a button.
It also handles four pounds of fries or two large pizzas in one batch. With 1500 watts, the NuWave Brio 10 Qt Air Fryer creates a fantastic cyclonic air that ensures your food won’t stick to any surface and will come out piping hot and crispy every time.
Thinking of the dinner spread without fear of turning up or under-cooked chicken? It’s not an issue when cooking is this simple.
The intuitive menu display of the NuWave Air Fryer makes it easy to air fry your favorite foods thanks to convenient buttons that set temperatures for searing, delayed start times for convenience, warm functions, more accurate temperature readings based on updated sensors in the digital panel and rotisserie functionality that adds even more versatility.
Other highlights include dishwasher-friendly parts that are nearly all removable for easy cleanup inside and outside the unit while programmable features make creating 100 recipes easier.
- Large air fryer with 10 qt capacity
- It comes with an adjustable rotisserie kit
- A wide range and adjustable temperature to cook more precisely
- Automatically shut off if you open the lid
- This appliance cuts nearly half the time of cooking
- It is also easy to use and clean
- It is large enough for a family of five
- The air fryer may take up an amount of cooking space
5) NuWave Duet Air Fryer and Pressure Combo Cook
The NuWave Duet is a versatile and user-friendly cooking device. It features an easy to use digital control panel with easily read labels, indicator lights, and a centrally located Star/Pause knob for selecting your desired program.
The 100 preprogrammed recipes and 80 more free slots can be personalised with the selection of programs such as pressure cooker, Air Fryer, combo cook ‘n’ steam or just enjoy delicious meats and veggies – cooked to perfection every time!
The NuWave Duet doubles your home cooking joy with its duo of combinations in one amazing appliance. With the unique combo cooking power of the NuWave Duet, you get “one-pot” meals to a whole new level. With these three cooking modes, you can get things done in no time at all.
The air fry function is perfect for reducing the fat content of dishes like fries, while combo cooking provides an easy way to make sure everything’s cooked perfectly diced. Lock in tender juiciness with pressure cooking, then seal in all that goodness under juicy crispness with air frying.
This NuWave appliance uses Triac Digital Switch Technology, which promises accuracy in preserving set temperatures throughout the cooking cycle; it also provides enough security for safety purposes by using Sure-Lock technology.
The use of these two methods allows NuWave Duet to boast about being one of the safest pressure cookers on the market! You can rest assured when operating this appliance as there are no worries associated with fluctuations or malfunctions going unnoticed – affecting other parts or endangering desired results. Save energy and get more done with the NuWave Duet!
- Non-stick and stainless steel accessories
- There are 10 air frying settings and 6 pressure cooking settings
- Come with a 40-recipe cookbook and hundreds of recipes on NuWave Cooking Club App
- Very easy to use because there is no mess with grease when cooking
- The NuWave Duet is easy to use if you figure out how the programming worked
- Be able to cook much more faster
- The capacity is a little bit small
6) NuWave Brio 3-Quart Digital Air Fryer
NuWave Air Fryer is quickly becoming a favorite starter kit to cook for many people. Coming in 3-quart capacity sizes, this air fryer is small enough for easy storage or big enough to host cooking parties with all of your friends. Whether you’re frying chicken wings, grilling sandwiches or roasting vegetables, this stainless steel piece of equipment cooks food evenly from every side at once.
The capacity is enough for about 1.5 pounds of French fries, over 1 pound of chicken wings and much more. The adjustable steam vents allow for precise temperature control so that everything comes out crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
The air fryer has a wide range and adjustable temperature from 100F to 400F which help you to control your cooking more accurately. This appliance can cook dishes quickly and easily, just select one of the six preset recipes with the function menu. The preheat function ensures the cooking chamber is ready to go at all times, so you’ll never have to wait another second before eating your delicious meal.
- PFOA-Free Non-Stick Coating
- Come with a recipe cookbook and NuWave Cooking Club App
- Come with a 1-year manufactures warranty
- Easy to use and clean
- Storage conveniently for small apartments or other accommodations
- Automatically pause for safety
- Poor design makes it easy to break
Buying Guides for Best Nuwave Air Fryer
The NuWave air fryer is one of the most popular and advanced air frying models on the market right now. But, before buying one of your own it’s important to learn about the features and abilities of these products so you know how much use it will get in your house or what kind of foods would be best prepared with this product.
The air fryer has a sleek, newly updated look and several features that make it stand out from other air fryers. There are various factors you might want to consider before deciding on which NuWave model is the best choice for your needs.
Specifications such as power wattage, cooking capacity, temperature setting range, adjustable basket height, timer settings and so forth can be important if they match up with how you plan to use the appliance.
Cooking control is available as variable temperature settings from 100 degrees F to 400 degrees F as well as a 30-minute timer with an automatic shutoff feature. The exterior of the air fryer can become hot during operation and always be aware when handling.
There are several different NuWave Air Fryer models that you need to decide between before making a purchase: NuWave Bravo XL, NuWave Duet, NuWave Brio. These models vary in size and capacity so it’s important to consider your cooking needs before deciding which unit will work best for you.
How big do you want the cooker to be? To cook larger quantities at once or larger-sized food pieces such as whole chickens or turkeys, you might consider the largest air fryers such as NuWave Bravo XL and NuWave Brio 15.5 Qt Air Fryer.
If you are planning to only use the air fryer for small side dishes or snacks, then an air fryer with a 3 or 6 Quart Capacity would be a better choice for your needs. We recommend reading the NuWave Air Fryer Cookbook to get some great ideas about what can be prepared for these appliances.
The feature set and accessories
There is a variety of special features available on these models: automatic shut-off timer, detachable cord storage area, dishwasher safe accessories and so forth. These features may be important if that’s something you’re looking for but it’s may not necessary as they’re just additional features.
There are also some accessories that can be purchased separately for the air fryers including a BBQ rack, baking pan, broil rack and so on.
These appliances may get very hot after cooking so you need to allow them to cool down before cleaning. The cooking basket is removable and dishwasher safe, but the exterior of the machine needs to be wiped down with a damp cloth or sponge. You can also purchase NuWave cleaning solutions from their website if desired.
It’s important to remember that even though there are many different NuWave air fryer models available, all of them have certain features necessary for proper air frying like adjustable temperature settings, automatic shutoff timer and heating element with fan functionality.
Overall, this brand has several very positive reviews which reflect its value and performance capabilities making it one of the best air fryers for your money.
How to use NuWave Air Fryer?
Almost all the processes of using a NuWave air fryer are the same depending on what you are cooking. To easily understand how to use your air fryer, let’s begin with our first recipe – Potato Wedges!
Step 1: Assemble the cooking bowl and place it inside the base.
Step 2: Plug in your air fryer to power, press the “On/Off” button located on the right side of the control panel. The display will show all available cooking presets for a six-minute countdown.
Step 3: Fill a cup of cold water and add salt, soak your potato wedges for at least 10 minutes before frying them. This helps reduce oil splattering during frying as well as getting a firmer end product that holds its shape better.
If you skip this step, expect oil from your potatoes to be splattered around the air fryer, not to mention a soggy, limp potato after it’s cooked.
Step 4: Drain your water and pat your potatoes dry with a paper towel to ensure maximum crispness when frying! You can optionally add salt or pepper onto the oiled wedges using the included seasoning ball. Note that you do not need oil if you’re using olive oil cooking spray; this will prevent your potatoes from sticking together during frying.
Add the fries into the air fryer’s cooking bowl, make sure none of them overlaps each other. You can use multi-level racks (comes with NuWave Airfryer) to stack 2 levels of food in one fryer basket for faster cooking, but remember to check your manual before so!
Set cook time at 30 minutes for potatoes with a size of 2″ x 1″, 20 minutes for medium-sized fries with 2.5″ long, and 15 minutes for larger ones measuring 3″ x 1.5″. You can also try the NuWave oven Potato Wedges recipe listed on my blog!
Step 5: The air fryer will automatically turn off after cooking time is done cooking. If you are air frying food that requires you to shake or stir during cooking, do so carefully using heat resistant gloves/tongs to prevent burns on your hands/arms.
When your food is finished cooking, use the included skewers (located below the main unit) to secure the handle of your basket and remove it from the base. Do not press “HOLD/CANCEL” and continue cooking time as this will overcook your food.
Step 6: Your potatoes should now be crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside! Enjoy hot with your favorite sides such as grilled cheese, coleslaw or even bolognese sauce (optional)! Power down your unit and unplug from the power source to store until next use.
NuWave Air Fryer Potatoes Wedges recipe is done. If you want to know some other recipes, read on below. They are nearly at the end of the article.
Tips when using a NuWave Air Fryer
– Foods that are naturally moist, such as eggs or potatoes, may stick to the pan during cooking. To avoid this problem always coat food with a small amount of oil before inserting it into the Air Fryer.
– Never cover the air vent while cooking, this will reduce heat and slow down cooking time significantly.
– Always cook foods at room temperature when using the NuWave Air Fryer. Cold meats and frozen items will increase your cooking time and result in longer cook times without browning or crisping properly because cold air does not circulate around them exposing all sides to dry hot air resulting in poor results and potentially overcooked edges.
– If you want more than one type of food is being cooked in your air fryer, use separate baskets and/or pans for each type of food.
– Foods that take up a lot of space such as raw potatoes or large pieces of meat may be cut into smaller pieces to help them cook more evenly.
– The NuWave Air Fryer includes a start button on the control panel which you can press once at the beginning of your cooking cycle to set the timer (this is not required as it will automatically start if left untouched).
Use this function to time your cooking sessions and minimize overcooking foods by watching through the clear lid windows and removing items when they’re done cooking before they become too dry or burnt around the edges.
– The recommended cook time listed in recipes is approximant and may vary depending on your personal preference, cooking equipment used, environmental factors, ingredient quality and thickness of the cut.
– Never puncture or damage the air fryer basket or pan to avoid any safety hazards.
– Always use oven mitts when handling the air fryer while it is hot.
– The exterior of the base may become very hot while in operation so ensure there is adequate clearance underneath while cooking on a countertop surface.
– Do not operate for more than 15 minutes at a time without allowing it to cool down completely for at least 5 minutes before using again.
– When finished cooking always unplugs the power cord from the outlet and allow the unit to cool completely before storing.
How to clean the NuWave Air Fryer basket?
It is quite easy to clean your air fryer basket. We recommend you to use the dishwasher as it is much more efficient and hassle-free. If you do not have a dishwasher, a regular sink soap will do. Keep in mind to never use any scouring pads or steel wool as they can scratch the chrome coating inside of the air fryer container/basket.
However, if there are some hard stains on it, simply scrub them with a brush made from plastic that has soft bristles only. In order for your air fryer seal to stay tightly closed and keep all odors out-and for longer usage life span-we recommend you wipe the exterior part of this appliance from time to time using a damp cloth and a small amount of dishwashing liquid.
You can also use natural lemon juice and water or vinegar and water in order to clean the exterior part of your air fryer without damaging it. It is important to pay attention to not splatter any food on this appliance, as well as to always unplug the power cord before you start cleaning the exterior part of your appliance.
The correct way to clean an air fryer basket is by just wiping it down with a damp cloth and some dishwasher soap once you are done using it for cooking purposes.
Read more on How to Clean Your Air Fryer
FAQs about Best NuWave Air Fryer
Is NuWave a good air fryer brand?
Yes, NuWave is a good manufacturer of air fryers. Nuwave has been around for quite some time now and they are known to be making high-quality products that meet the needs of the customers.
Their air fryer stands out in many ways; it’s not your average fryer but an advanced version with lots of extra functions that will not only make your food tastier but also keep it healthier.
Does NuWave make good air fryers?
NuWave is a good choice if you want to try out new recipes or cook up your favorite fried foods without all the oil. The NuWave 6 Quart Air Fryer is large enough for a family of four or five. If you want to cook for a crowd or a larger family, you should consider the NuWave Brio 15.5 Qt Air Fryer or NuWave Bravo XL Air Fryer with a larger capacity.
What can you cook in a NuWave Air Fryer?
Some food that you can cook in this product:
- Wings, French fries, onion rings
- Pizza, roasted vegetables
- Chicken nuggets
Do you have to flip food in air fryer?
Shaking or flipping the food in an air fryer basket helps to create a crispy texture. Just like flipping french fries halfway through cooking, you should flip or shake food around halfway through when using traditional ovens as well.
Do you put oil in an air fryer?
Oil is not a required addition to your food when cooking with this appliance, but you may want to add it for flavor or texture purposes.
How much oil do you put in an air fryer?
Some recipes use oil, but it’s still significantly less than oils used in standard fried recipes. It only really takes 1-2 teaspoons or 1-2 tablespoons for breaded items on most occasions.
Do air fryers really taste like fried food?
In a word, yes. Air fryers can make foods that taste just like they came out of a deep fryer. While they’re not quite the same as fried food is when you use a traditional deep fryer, air fryers can give you similar results in much less time using little to no oil.
Other NuWave Air Fryer recipes
Frozen Chicken Strips in Air Fryer
I love this recipe because it is so easy and the ingredients are things you probably already have in your home. This chicken strips recipe makes great appetizers for parties, dinners, or even just a quick snack when you’re on the go! It’s pretty healthy too if you’re into that stuff.
- 2 pounds of frozen chicken strips
- 1 cup of flour (more if desired)
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- oil spray for coating
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl; and layout chicken strips on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the desired amount of salt & pepper onto the chicken.
- Take your first strip of chicken and dip it into the flour mixture making sure all sides are coated evenly. Next place the piece of floured chicken into your egg/milk wash (use one or the other) – make sure both sides are evenly drenched/coated with the egg/milk mixture.
- Before placing it into bread crumbs coat both sides with eggs and milk. Sometimes I repeat this step because I like to use twice the amount of bread crumbs. If you’re looking for a fattier (more delicious) version use 3 eggs and milk instead of 2.
- Place chicken into your air fryer basket at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Make sure all pieces are evenly coated with oil, or simply spray each piece if that’s easier!
- Once they have finished cooking turn off your fryer and leave the door open. This will keep them from getting soggy as they cool off. For even crispier chicken make sure to flip halfway through the process.
- Once all strips have been cooked place on a paper towel-lined plate or baking sheet. This will absorb any excess oils Enjoy! Serve by themselves, with some ketchup, mustard, ranch. etc
Chicken Fries in Air Fryer
Chicken Fries is such a simple, easy and quick recipe for those who love fries very much and would like to make it healthier. It’s not traditionally deep-fried but it’s also delicious and crispy as my previous chicken nuggets in the air fryer which you can find here.
I recommend serving them with salad and you can use whatever sauce or dip you want. We use barbecue or hot sauce since we are big fans of them!
Ingredients for chicken fries in air fryer:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- A teaspoon of salt
- A half teaspoon of black pepper
- A half teaspoon of cajun seasoning
- 2 eggs
- A cup of almond flour
- A tablespoon of garlic powder
- Avocado oil cooking spray (or other cooking sprays)
Note: you can use any flour you like.
- Chop the chicken breasts into cubes and season with salt, pepper and cajun seasoning
- Cut and mash 2 eggs onto a plate and spread almond flour over a second plate
- Coat each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, then coat with almond flour
- Heat up cooking spray in air fryer basket (or oven) until hot
- Add coated chicken pieces to the air fryer basket (or oven tray)
- Cook at 370˚F for 15 minutes (or 400˚F for 10 minutes)
- Cooking times vary depending on altitude, the temperature outside etc
- Take out when golden brown Enjoy!
Hot Pocket Air Fryer
The hot pocket air fryer is very popular with people who are trying to eat healthier. It does not deep-fried hot pockets that are full of grease and fat like the hot pockets you buy in the grocery store or at your local pizza shop.
Instead, it cooks hot pockets with hot air. This method allows you to have hot pockets without all of the bad stuff! Most hot pocket fans say they taste just as good as regular hot pockets but there is no greasy mess on their hands or face!
Ingredients for hot pocket air fryer:
- A hot pocket of your choice
- A half-cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat hot pocket in the NuWave air fryer for three minutes and thirty seconds at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- After the hot pocket is done cooking, use a fork to puncture the hot pocket and let the hot air out of the hot pocket
- Place hot pocket on a plate and add cheese inside hot pocket until fully sealed
- Place hot pocket in the air fryer for three minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Serve in a bowl with parsley garnish (optional)
Air Fried Tilapia
This is the best air fried foods you should try. It has a moist, delicious and flavorful taste. It is crispy outside but juicy inside. It takes only 30 min to air fryer tilapia to prepare it ready for cooking
Ingredients for air fried tilapia:
- 4 Tilapia fillets (6 ounces/170 grams each)
- A half teaspoon of salt
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- A teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- A half teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- A green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro leaves
- Step 1: Preheat air fryer at 380 F convection setting for 3 minutes then add lemon juice, salt, black pepper and dried thyme leaves in a bowl. Mix them until well blended.
- Step 2: Trim the tilapia fillets and air fryer at 390 F for 15 minutes until they become golden brown from outside yet cook inside. Then air fryer it for another 7 minutes for air fried breaded tilapia.
- Step 3: Melt butter in a pan on low flame then sauté green onion and cilantro leaves with it before adding to air fried tilapia. Now air-fried breaded tilapia can be served as appetizers or main course along with any kind of meal you want to serve.
Conclusion about Best Nuwave Air Fryer
The NuWave air fryer is the ultimate kitchen appliance for anyone who wants to get away from fried foods without sacrificing taste. These amazing machines are capable of cooking up crispy, juicy fries with just a few minutes of pre-heating time and no oil necessary!
The features of each model vary greatly so it is important to review what matters most to you before making a final selection. After reviewing this blog spot, you may be able to find one that meets your needs. If not, you might want to check out our reviews about the Top 10 Best Large Air Fryers in 2021.