Tips and Guides on How to Use Power XL Air Fryer in 2021
Having but don’t know how to use Power XL Air Fryer? Don’t worry! After reading this blog post, you will know how to use it safely and efficiently! The article will cover some safety precautions, tips, and guides on How to Use Power XL Air Fryer!
Air fryers are a type of kitchen appliance that uses convection and conduction to cook food. Air fryers use less oil than traditional frying and they produce healthier lower-calorie foods. Some air fryers come with different settings for cooking various types of food such as meat, vegetables, or fish.
This brand brings a new twist to traditional cooking methods. It is not just an air fryer, but also an oven and grill. This means you can cook anything from chicken wings to pork chops with the same appliance! The best part? You won’t have to turn on your stove or oven, saving you time and energy.
Read this blog post to learn more about precautions, tips, and guides on How to use Power XL air fryer and what I recommend using it for! Before that, let’s take a look at the basic information about this air fryer.
Basic information about How to Use Power XL Air Fryer
This product is actually an oven, grill, and fryer in one. You can cook any type of food with this air fryer! As mentioned earlier, this new amazing appliance allows you to save more time than traditional cooking methods because it doesn’t require a stove or oven.
This air fryer is also healthier than traditional frying and cooking methods. It helps you reduce calories by up to 80% in comparison with oil-fried food! Below are the safety guidelines and setting up if this is the first time you have bought this appliance.
Your new air fryer is made to cook a variety of foods and offers you many safe options. At the same time, the appliances are sophisticated high-tech devices and must be handled with care and respect at all times.
Please read these important precautions before using your appliance, as they will help you to be safe when using your new air fryer.
- Please be aware that the appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- This appliance has hot and moving parts. Use caution when touching heating elements inside the fryer basket as they remain very hot after cooking! Always let your air fryer cool down before cleaning it.
- Your Power air fryer XL comes with a detachable base made from ABS plastic which houses all electrical components; I advise you to avoid submerging it in water and to wipe it clean using a damp cloth. Finding this tip before how to use Power XL air fryer will be helpful for you.
- The rest of the appliances, including the basket and handle, are dishwasher-safe. However, if you want to hand wash some parts, please separate the heating base from the fryer basket before washing them in order to avoid a shock hazard.
- If your air fryer is not going to be used for a period of time, I recommend that you first unplug it from its power source and then remove all accessories before storing it away.
- Plug your air fryer into a socket with an A/C voltage rating of 220 – 240V AC 50HZ only!
- Please pay attention when using extension cords as they may overheat or become damaged due to incorrect usage. They are not suitable for use with the air fryer, or any other appliance.
- I recommend that you do not use adaptors. If you need to relocate your air fryer during operation, please always switch it off and wait until it has cooled down before moving it.
- Always make sure that there is enough clearance around your Power air fryer XL while cooking, especially if you plan to operate it on its side or upside-down. Make sure there is no inflammable material nearby! Important tip on how to use Power XL air fryer to protect your house.
- If you see smoke coming out of the air fryer, switch off the unit immediately and unplug it from its power source! Follow the special instructions on how to clean the heating element at this point. If you have any further questions, please refer to the user manual or contact the customer service department.
- I advise you not to leave your air fryer unattended while in use. I also recommend that you never heat up oil in its container directly on the base of the appliance without using a basket, as it may overheat and damage the heating element inside the appliance!
- It is normal for some smoke to come out from time to time during cooking. In order to avoid having smoke coming out of the air fryer while cooking, please ensure that there is no grease on utensils being used. Do not overload your air fryer with too many foods at once!
- If you notice smoke or smell a strange odor coming from the air fryer during cooking, stop using it immediately and let the manufacturer know about your experience by contacting their customer service department. I mention this comes before how to use Power XL air fryer because of your safety.
- If you have been using the oil tray supplied with the appliance, I recommend that you periodically clean its lid in order to avoid spilling oil or condensation which could cause a fire hazard when heating up for a second time. Make sure the thermostat knob is set to an appropriate temperature range before placing food in your air fryer!
- Do not exceed the maximum capacity specifications stated in the user manual! Please ensure that all parts of your air fryer are correctly assembled before operating it!
- The air fryers are not intended for use by young children or infirm adults without supervision. Children must be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance. Please discontinue use immediately if you notice anything abnormal while using your air fryer, such as oil leaking from it.
- In order to prevent any risk of harm, I recommend that you use this appliance only for its original intended purpose and maintain a distance of at least 10 cm between hot surfaces and all surfaces in contact with food!
- Do not over-tighten screws on your air fryer when assembling it. If you have any further questions, please refer to the user manual or the customer service department.
- Do not let children touch your air fryer in any circumstances, especially when it is in operation! Make sure the appliance is turned off and unplugged from its power source before handling or assembling parts of it!
- If you need to replace a part on your air fryer, please contact the customer service department for assistance. I do not recommend sending your appliance out for repairs without contacting them first. This is important for how to use Power XL air fryer too because it will get you safely.
- In order to avoid having oil leaking from the unit during cooking, I recommend that you do not use plastic containers or utensils with narrow necks, which may become blocked and prevent oil from draining away. Do not leave standing water in metal containers: this could cause rusting and lead to damage to the appliance.
- I advise against using your air fryer for purposes other than cooking food! Never insert metal objects in your air fryer, as they may become very hot and cause injuries when you touch them or make contact with electrical parts inside the appliance!
- Make sure that there is no sharp object in the basket before operating the appliance! Before how to use Power XL air fryer, this tip will help you to protect your appliance.
- Never use harsh chemicals such as detergent when cleaning your unit: doing so could damage it beyond repair! Please do not use abrasive cleaners which could scratch parts of the exterior surface of the unit. Wipe down your air fryer with a damp cloth.
If you have any further questions about this product, please refer to the user manual or the customer service department. While unplugged from its power source, never attempt to dismantle your air fryer unless specifically advised otherwise in these instructions!
Setting Up Before Using Power XL Air Fryer for the First Time
I found that some people are looking for some basic instruction on how to set up the Power Air Fryer XL (they were new to air fryers and didn’t know where to start). I figured that might be a common question, so here’s my step-by-step guide helping you through your first time setting your air fryer!
The first thing first to set up before how to use Power XL air fryer is removing all packaging materials. There should be the manuals as well as several accessories in the box.
There is also a safety/recipe book included with this air fryer, but if you have this blog handy then it is no need to read that one. A full list of accessories can be found below under “Accessories Included”.
Remove the accessory box and turn the machine around to find the handles – you need to remove these before attaching anything else. There is also a paper that covers up to one of the control buttons, don’t forget to take it off!
Next, attach the side drain hose – be very careful doing this as there are metal clips that could damage your hands/fingers if you’re not careful. The instructions in the manual said you should only push it on “gently” which was kind of funny.
As long as both ends click into place, you shouldn’t have too much trouble with this step either but again, use caution! The front handle can be pushed back down once it’s connected at least mine came attached after hooking the hose on.
Remove all of the foam/paddings around the inside of the machine and get rid of it – once you’ve gone through this process, put your cover onto the machine and screw it in place with the included tool. While we’re at it, go ahead and remove any protective plastic from your new air fryer!
There is a wire grid that covers one of the frying baskets (it’s on top) – after removing that, connect that up using the next accessory: The Wire Grid Extension. This just screws into place so no worries there either. Make sure to add vegetable oil before placing anything inside though!
The last thing you needed to do is a test run for no odor or plastic smell. So plug in the machine, let it heat up for 30 minutes, and turn it off – leave your cover open. After 15 hours (not minutes!) you should be good to go!
I hope this was helpful for some of you who are wondering how to set up the Power XL. If you have any other questions about it or need help, please feel free to comment below and I’ll answer them as soon as possible.
How to Use Power XL Air Fryer
Previously, it is the only way that I cook my cheat meal once a week. Cooking them on the stove with butter and oil just makes me feel awful, but it’s fast. Using the Power XL oven change things around for me. Now cooking this dish is no longer necessary because I can bake all of them in an hour or so!
That means more energy to do other important things. It also helps me control how much sodium goes onto my food, betters blood pressure, and less fat gain over time. The biggest advantage is being able to bake it without using butter or oil. This saves a ton of calories and tastes great at the same time!
Here are the steps on How to Use Power XL Air Fryer thoroughly:
Step 1: Plugging in the machine
Before using it for the first time after purchase, make sure to plug it in and turn it on. This will already help you know if there is an issue with the unit that needs attention right away.
Step 2: Inserting the tray into its designated space
This is the second step on how to use Power XL air fryer. Once you have plugged in and turned on your air fryer oven unit, ensure that everything is working properly before putting anything inside because once it starts cooking food, there is no turning back until finished!
So naturally, there’s an element of risk involved but as long as you’ve checked all over to ensure it works fine, then go ahead and insert your tray or basket (depending on which one was included). The metal rack should be inserted into a slot that feels snug. It may take a little bit of jiggling because it’s possible there may be some parts still coming together.
Step 3: Attaching the basket handle
The basket is where you put your food to cook, but before you do that, please make sure to attach the handle to any one side of the basket. Once you’ve done this then it’s time to load the goods into the basket or tray.
Here are some things that can go into an air fryer oven: potatoes (whole with skin), sweet potatoes (whole with skin), root vegetables like carrots, and yams (cut in half for cooking ease). Cut meat should be cut down too if needed because anything larger than bite-size will not cook correctly in an air fryer oven.
Step 4: Put basket back into its designated space
Now that the goods are safely inside, it’s time to put the basket back into the oven or air fryer depending on which model you have.
For this step, please ensure that the power is off because if it wasn’t already, now would be a good time to do so before inserting anything back in. I think this is the easiest step in How to use Power XL air fryer if you choose the right one.
Step 5: Cooking the food!
Now that everything is in its designated space, it’s time to select your heat and press start. Depending on what you’re cooking, some foods will take more or less time than others and you can always adjust the cooking time according to your taste preference.
When the timer goes off, don’t open the lid because opening it during cooking will disrupt the flow of hot air. It’s done when it looks like it has been thoroughly cooked through and possibly even a bit crispy around the edges (if you want).
Step 6: Cleaning up
After it’s finished cooking, use caution when removing anything out of the oven because it might be hot. The metal racks are hot too so make sure to not touch them with your fingers since you can easily burn yourself. For this step, please ensure that the unit is unplugged before cleaning up or putting away. This is the necessary step on how to use Power XL air fryer properly.
Step 7: Re-assemble after cleaning
Once everything has cooled down enough for safe handling, you’ll want to reattach any parts that were removed for cooking purposes in their designated spaces once again. There may have been some parts that got loose during use so just go ahead and put them back into place.
Step 8: Storage!
Finally, this is the final step of How to Use Power XL Air Fryer. Always store in a space where curious children cannot get at it because it does heat up while in use.
It’s not necessary to put everything away but the best practice would be to clean it all up and store each individual part that was taken out for cooking or cleaning within its designated space.
Now that you know how to use the air fryer oven, go ahead and give them a try! After all, you can’t become an experienced cook without trying new recipes so enjoy your new toy!
Tips for How to Use Power XL Air Fryer when cooking
The Air Fryer uses hot air to make the food crispy outside and moist inside. This is how it works. The heating element heats up the metal mesh which spreads heat evenly on all sides of the product.
Hot air blows through this heater at high speed, where it dries out moisture from the food touching the inside of the device. The dry heat then transfers heat into the oil that makes food crispy outside and soft inside without adding extra oil or fat for a healthier cooking experience!
When you first spend time with your Air Fryer, I recommend that you read these tips carefully as they will help you get more value from your unit by improving its performance!
These tips are designed to give more life and better performance to your Air Fryer, and also it will help you learn some tricks that will allow frying food with less oil than cooking in an oven! More Oil!
Tip 1: Always cut the food into equal-sized pieces so they all cook at the same rate. Smaller pieces cool down the air fryer more quickly than larger pieces of the same weight do.
If you put too many small pieces in at once they can start to stick together since they are cold or room temperature before entering the hot air fryer. To avoid this problem, stick to one piece per basket.
Tip 2: When cooking multiple items like chicken legs, fish fillets, etc., there is no specific order for these items. Just make sure not to overcrowd the basket or you will not be able to cook at an even rate.
If you put too many pieces in, it is best to remove some from the basket and continue cooking. This is a very useful and efficient tip on How to use Power XL Air Fryer.
Tip 3: Always use a basket when cooking with the Air Fryer! This is because the basket enables food pieces to move around inside the basket allowing them to come into contact with hot metal mesh which helps cook faster and more evenly.
It also keeps your fries crispier since they are moving inside the fryer without touching each other! A single layer of non-sticky food pieces will allow airflow around them resulting in a crispy outside and moist inside!
Tip 4: If you want your food to look like they were fried by a professional, make sure to dry off the excess liquids (e.g., water, oil) with paper towels before cooking.
Tip 5: To make healthier food using less oil or fat, place peeled potatoes in cold salt water for approx. 20 minutes before placing it into the fryer basket! This will help remove some of their starch content making them crispier than when they are not pre-soaked!
Never soak fries that are already cooked as they will become soggy! Also, try spraying the potato slices with Fry Light spray prior to placing them in the fryer basket for crispy fries without adding extra oil!
Tip 6: Always use a nonstick frying pan when cooking something like bacon as it is super-easy to clean and also cooking with little or no oil!
Tip 7: You can cook many types of food in the Air Fryer! I recommend natural products such as vegetables, meats, fish, and more. This is another helpful tip on How to use Power XL air fryer to save time when cooking.
If you want to create a full meal out of your product pieces I suggest adding potatoes and carrots during the middle stage of the fryer’s cycle for approximately 15 minutes. This will turn your small piece into a healthy complete meal without changing its original taste!
Tip 8: Always let the cooked food rest off from heat for approx. 5 minutes before consuming them. Hot air coming from inside then continues cooking your delicious food causing some loss of moisture which makes them dryer than the original state.
Letting them rest will allow time for cooking heat to leave giving you a moist and soft result!
Tip 9: The mesh cooking basket included with your Air Fryer can be used as a baking tray for muffins, chicken wings, homemade chips, etc., anything you want to cook without the fat! The testing results have shown that the ideal temperature to cook foods is 180-200°C.
I recommend that you experiment with your own foods but remember that less time will require lower temperatures and vice versa! It is always best to give sufficient time for food to soften before removing it from the heating source though.
Also, the tests have revealed that better results would be achieved by lowering the temperature raising the quantity of food being cooked.
Tip 10: I recommend using these cooking times as a rough guide and to adjust to taste. Some foods may require more or less time, for example, raw potatoes take up to 40-50 minutes whereas chicken is only around 25 minutes!
It’s is always best to experiment with your own tastes as well as experimenting with the quantity of food being cooked at any one time.
Tip 11: If you want your cooked product pieces to maintain their original shape, use a nonstick pan when making chips on the hob rather than deep-frying them! This tip of how to use Power XL air fryer is very important for whom to cook precisely and accurately.
Avoid using too much oil as this will make it harder for air circulation around each chip leaving some undercooked and soggy! Remember the 20 Minute Pre-Soak Technique. This helps retain moisture in the chips making them crispier!
Tip 12: I recommend using a baking tray included with your set to cook vegetables such as mushrooms and peppers. Remember seasoning these prior to cooking is a must!
For best results, I advise that you always start by sautéing or grilling your food before placing into the Air Fryer basket for crispy and healthier cooking result!
Tip 13: Another way of keeping your food moist and juicy when cooking is to add some basic ingredients such as beer, vinegar, or buttermilk in the batter mix when preparing fish or chicken pieces.
This will help keep your frying basket’s mesh basket clean too since it makes batter stick less often than if you were not adding this product to your mixes!
Tip 14: The mesh cooking basket included with your set can be used to create desserts! To do this you will need to spray the baskets’ surface with Fry Light Spray, place desired cookware in it, and add oil. When finished baking, just remove it from the frying basket and enjoy your delicious treat!
Tip 15: Try adding chocolate chips when cooking small pieces of fish or chicken! This method makes them turn out extremely tasty and moist throughout without the need for additional oil which will only make them greasier than they already are.
FAQs about How to Use Power XL Air Fryer
Do you have to PreHeat the Air fryer?
No, you don’t have to. This product is engineered in a way that allows it to reach the desired cooking temperature in just 5 minutes! When using the air fryer for the first time, I recommend preheating it for 10 minutes, so that your meats and meals are perfectly cooked from day one.
Can you cook frozen food in the Power Air fryer XL?
Yes, you can cook frozen food in the Power Air fryer XL. Cooking frozen foods is one of the advantages of the product over other air fryers that don’t allow cooking with pre-heated (frozen) oil and at a relatively lower temperature. It allows for crispy and healthier results!
Is it possible to clean the Air fryer?
Yes, it is possible to clean the Air fryer if desired. The inner basket of the appliance is dishwasher safe. However, it is advisable to hand wash with warm soapy water and dry carefully before use again.
Indeed, hot air can escape during cooking, and food may splatter or stick on some surfaces inside the cavity where dirt may gather more easily. So make sure you wipe out any oily residue after each use for the best results in your cooking process!
How to Use Power XL Air Fryer for Recipes
Seasoned Pork Chops with Avocado Salsa
Seasoned Pork Chops with Avocado Salsa Air Fryer Recipe will help you create a delicious dish that tastes as it took much longer to prepare than it actually did. This quick and easy pork chops recipe is perfect for any night of the week and can be prepped ahead of time and either refrigerated or frozen to use when needed.
This tasty avocado salsa recipe can be prepared ahead of time, refrigerated for up to two days, or even frozen in an airtight container. The chilling time is what gives the flavors in this pork chops with avocado salsa recipe several hours to mingle before being served.
This will create a delicious flavor that just melts in your mouth when you take your first bite. Make sure you have all the ingredients before starting this dish so that it can come together as quickly as possible. Below are the ingredients and how to use Power XL air fryer to make this recipe.
- For Pork Chops:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Homemade Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounces each) boneless pork loin chops (about ¾ inch thick)
- For Avocado Salsa:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- For Serving: Optional: fresh cilantro sprigs and lime wedges to garnish at the end.
- To prepare the avocado salsa, in a medium bowl combine avocado chunks with tomatoes, red onion, cilantro leaves, lime juice, and salt.
- Place pork chops between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; using the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound to an even 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl stir together Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops evenly with spice mixture; drizzle both sides with olive oil.
- Carefully brush one side of each chop with some of the avocado salsa (refrigerate remaining salsa for another use). Starting at one end, carefully roll up each chop; secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Arrange chops, overlapping slightly, in the bottom of an air fryer basket; close lid. You can stop here and refrigerate or freeze until you are ready to prepare this dish.
- If freezing, place the chops on a baking sheet so they don’t touch each other and freeze for one hour or overnight. Once frozen, remove them from the freezer and place them back in the air fryer basket.
- Set time for 10 minutes; preheat Air Fryer at 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Turn off the Air Fryer and open it carefully (watch out for the steam). Remove chops with tongs. If you want them crispy, turn on your air fryer again for 3 to 5 more minutes or until desired crispness is achieved. You can alternatively finish them in a regular oven broiler or under your broiler on the grill.
- To serve, place each pork chop on a plate and top with some of the avocado salsa mixtures; garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges if desired. Enjoy!
Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
Meatball recipes can easily be made in the air fryer with this recipe for Cheese Stuffed Meatballs! It’s a super easy and tasty way to make meatballs. Cheese stuffed meatballs in the Air Fryer that are crispy on the outside and cheesy on the inside! A step-by-step video is included in this post.
This recipe makes eight cheese stuffed meatballs, perfect for a small family of four or two people who really love their leftovers. You can double or triple this recipe if needed, just know it will increase your cook time by about 10 minutes depending on how many you make.
These cheese stuffed meatballs are great on their own, or dipped in marinara sauce, or served with your favorite pasta! Below are how to use Power XL air fryer to cook this delicious dish.
- 1/2 pound of lean ground beef (ground turkey or chicken would also work)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into eight equal small pieces
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Place one piece of mozzarella in the center of your meatball mixture and form a ball around it. Repeat until all meat is used up.
- Line a metal rack on top of an air fryer pan or baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean-up easier. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray or olive oil. Place stuffed meatballs on the lined tray so they are not touching each other (these won’t expand while cooking).
- Place the tray in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes then gently move them to ensure even cooking. Continue cooking another 8 – 12 minutes checking for doneness by cutting into one of the meatballs. If it is still pink, cook an additional 3-5 minutes then check again.
- Once all meatballs are cooked through, remove from oven and serve as desired or refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat, place in 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Final thought about How to Use Power XL Air Fryer
An air fryer is a powerful appliance that can be used for many different purposes. If you want to get the most out of your new air fryer, follow these simple instructions on how to use it. The tips and guides on how to use Power XL air fryer in this article will help ensure that you are using this appliance properly for maximum results.
Be sure to take a few minutes to read this How to Use Power XL air fryer blog now before cooking anything in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises or disappointments later on when things don’t turn out quite as expected. If there’s anything else you want to know about using this product, just let me know in the comments!