Tips and Guides on How to Use Nuwave Air Fryer
If you are wondering how to use Nuwave air fryer after purchasing it, then you have to read this blog. The article will give you everything you need from tips, guides, and even the precautions when using this product. Keep reading to discover more.
Air fryers have been popular for years now and their popularity has been increasing rapidly – for a good reason, too! They are versatile appliances that can fry, grill, and roast foods. An air fryer uses rapid hot-air circulation to cook food quickly and with minimum fat.
The appliance looks rather like a mini convection oven, but the heating process is different. Air frying cooks by circulating superheated air around the food. It’s faster than normal baking/roasting because heat travels directly to the center of food via hot air instead of via conduction from a pan or grill (which needs time to heat up).
But how to use Nuwave air fryer? Is it difficult to monitor this appliance? If you are looking for a way to cook healthier meals without sacrificing taste, this Nuwave appliance is what you need. This unit makes it easier than ever to fry your favorite foods without any of the guilt that usually comes along with frying food.
It is one of the newest innovations in cooking technology that promises an easy way to eat healthy and delicious at home. With this air fryer, there’s no more deep-frying or greasy messes!
This blog post will tell you everything you need to know about how to use Nuwave Air Fryer including what it does, how it works, why you should use an air fryer instead of an oven or stovetop for some foods, and give you tips on how to make your favorite dishes using this new kitchen appliance.
So if you are looking for a great way to cook healthier food or just have questions about this new trend in home cooking then read on!
Basic information about How to Use Nuwave Air Fryer
Before going about how to use Nuwave air fryer, you should learn more about the basic knowledge about this appliance. These guidelines will help you to stay safe and cook effectively when using this product.
Before using the air fryer, make sure you read and fully understand all instructions in the manual. Please take a copy to keep for your records. Keep the instructions handy as a reference at all times when operating and cleaning your fryer. The following precautions should always be followed:
- Ensure that the cooking utensil used do not exceed the recommended maximum fill line located inside the bottom panel of the fryer basket. Never attempt to deep fry with solid shortening or oil, as fire may result. Only use cooking oils that are suitable for deep fryings, such as peanut oil, safflower, and sunflower.
- Ensure that the cooking pot is securely locked into position before attempting to use it. Learning this tip besides how to use Nuwave air fryer will protect yourself during cooking time.
- Never leave food unattended when cooking with this appliance. It is important to monitor the cooking progress of food at all times while frying. When in doubt, check on the product frequently during your cook time. The air fryer must always be operated under adult supervision.
- Remove childproofing tie from cord before using fryer for the first time. This appliance can be very heavy when filled with content. Only operate the appliance on a stable surface away from water and out of direct sunlight at all times and where it will not be overloaded by other appliances or utensils (such as a sink or a hot oven).
- Ensure that the appliance cord is plugged into a valid power source at all times to avoid overheating and possible fire hazards. The cooking pot must always be completely submerged in oil. If it is not, you risk burning yourself from an exposed element.
- During use, safety devices may click several times as the fryer heats up – this is a normal safety feature to prevent damage to your appliance. The cooking pot will become extremely hot – use protective kitchenware when handling. Do not place on countertop surfaces that are heat sensitive (such as laminates).
- Do not operate without lid locked into position. The appliance can cause sparks if foil or metal utensils are used inside the cooking chamber during operation – it is recommended that all utensils be made of non-metallic material.
- Keep fryers out of reach from children at all times to avoid accidental tipping and serious burns, especially when cooking replaces the lid in an upright position. Keep away from children under 3 years old to avoid possible injury. This is an important caution on how to use Nuwave air fryer in your house.
- Always place the appliance on a flat and even surface before plugging it in. The cooking pot must always sit securely in its designated location to prevent any tipping over or movement which could result in spillage and possible damage to your appliance.
- As this appliance gets hot during operation, cook only in well-ventilated areas and keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and other body parts away from the air outlet vents during use. Never operate near flammable materials such as curtains towels, paper, or boxes.
- Any attempt to open the cooking pot during use will result in hot oil spilling out of the container.
- Do not touch with wet hands, if this should happen quickly dry thoroughly before touching the appliance again. This caution on how to use Nuwave air fryer will help you to prevent electric shocks in the cooking time.
- As this appliance is intended for adult use only, keep it out of reach of children at all times to prevent any injuries that may occur when using this appliance. Children are not aware of the hazards associated with using electrical appliances and may also place fingers or other body parts into the appliance causing serious injury resulting in burns or even amputation.
- Always empty the cooking pot after use, remove the power plug from the socket and allow it to cool before handling. Never place a hot cooking pot on cold surfaces or wet surfaces, always place the pot on a dry surface when in use.
- While in operation, never touch the cooking chamber’s components or food with your hands or any body part. If nondisposable gloves are worn during use they should not come in contact with heating elements. This fryer is intended for food preparation only, not recommended for deep frying everyday household items such as soap, etc.
- To avoid personal injury due to inadvertent opening of lid when hot oil is present, care must be taken when removing lid Ensure that there are no children in the vicinity when removing the lid.
- Do not allow pets near the cooking chamber while the fryer is being used to avoid accidental burning and hazardous situations caused by a sudden movement of the appliance.
- Always unplug your appliance from electrical socket outlets at end of each use, before clearing away any food debris or utensils, after which point it can be handled without risk of electrocution.
- Ensure that fat filters are properly in place on all receptacle openings during operation to avoid contact with hot oil. Failure to do so could result in physical injury.
- The cord must be disconnected before replacing the cooking pot during operation. This tip on how to use Nuwave air fryer will prevent you from any electric and temperature problems.
- This appliance is intended for regular household use only, not commercial use; keep it out of reach of children to avoid injuries that may occur when using this appliance.
- Do not store the fryer in damp conditions especially overnight, place it on a dry surface and never leave the cooking pot inside while not in use.
- It is recommended that household kitchen utensils such as tongs, spoons, or any other piece of cookware be used for serving food out of this appliance.
- Avoid contact with hot oil at all times during operation and especially when replacing the cooking pot in an upright position, and before and after moving the fryer from one location to another. Failure to comply may result in personal injury or property damage due to spillage if care is not taken when handling the hot cooking pot.
- Do not use any sharp object to remove food from the fryer. Only use cooking utensils supplied with fryers or approved by the manufacturer. Any other types of utensils may cause damage to the appliance & injury.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug after it malfunctions, or if it was dropped or damaged in any manner. Return this product to the place of purchase for a replacement.
Those are some of the precautions that you should keep in your mind when learning how to use Nuwave air fryer safely.
Setting Up Before Using Nuwave Air Fryer for the First Time
Once you unpack your air fryer, make sure that all of the parts are included and intact (such as the basket, rack, cookbook, and user manual).
Before using your Nuwave for the first time you will need to wash all of its parts in hot soapy water and rinse well. If any small pieces fall off during the cleaning process be sure to pick them up and reattach them before your next use.
Also, be sure to dry everything thoroughly. If there is no dry towel or cloth available you can put the pieces on a cooling rack to air dry. Be mindful not to let any piece soak in water because this could cause rusting if it’s made from iron or steel.
Plug your air fryer in and turn it on to preheat. You should have done this step before how to use Nuwave air fryer below. Do not use any oil, water, or other liquids while it’s heating up because the fryer should be completely dry when you add food for optimal performance.
After three minutes of preheating (or when the display reads 350°), add 1 cup of tap water (which will help conduct heat to speed up cooking time). Add one tablespoon of canola oil and spread it over the bottom of the pan.
Place all pieces onto your Nuwave and close the lid tightly. Cook time will automatically begin counting down and a signal bell will sound when it’s done (approximately 20-25 minutes after start time).
Once the bell sounds, press the OFF button to shut it off. Open the lid and let everything cool before you touch anything or add more food. *If any extra oil was left in step 5 then pour it into a container with a lid for storage.*
When your Nuwave is no longer hot simply wipe down its surface with a dry towel to remove any last bits of moisture. Now store your fryer by putting all of its pieces inside one another for easy storage when not in use.
If done properly, this should still allow you access to each part when needed (such as cleaning or adding new ingredients).
How to Use Nuwave Air Fryer
A healthy alternative to deep-frying is with Nuwave. This simple machine is the perfect solution for those who love fried food but hate greasy hands and dirty utensils. Since this device is electric, it’s not as messy as you think. You also don’t have to worry about your kitchen smelling like a fast-food restaurant anymore!
The best part of using this Air Fryer? It takes half of the time with less than half of the cleanup process! And don’t forget about the healthier outcome! Put down that soggy and oily fried chicken and say hello to your new fat-burning buddy.
Step 1: Plugging in the machine
Your first step is to plug in the machine. To do so, simply choose a flat and stable place near an electrical outlet for it to sit on. Make sure there’s ample room around the unit for proper airflow.
Step 2: Preparing your food!
Once you’ve plugged in the machine, it’s time to get started with your first dish! Preparing food for this Air Fryer is a lot easier compared to conventional means of cooking. Food items don’t have to be soaked or soaked and patted dry.
You can even cook frozen food! To do so, simply place the meal into one of three baskets that come with your purchase. It’s easy as that!
Step 3: Inserting the tray into its designated space
This is the third step on how to use Nuwave air fryer. After the machine is plugged in, it’s time to insert the tray into its designated space. To ensure that you’re doing this properly, look for the arrow on the lid and twist it all the way into its lowest position.
Once you do that, line up your fingers with both of these markers (on each side). Carefully push your tray straight down until it locks firmly into place.
Step 4: Preheating
Before anything else, make sure to preheat your Nuwave machine first. Your manual should say how long you need to wait before placing any food inside (around 2-3 minutes), but a good rule of thumb is 5 minutes or so until you hear a “humming” noise coming from within. When it’s ready, the machine will automatically shut off.
Step 5: Adding your favorite oil of choice (optional)
Next up is adding your favorite oil of choice. If you prefer to be on the healthier side, go with avocado, coconut, grapeseed, sunflower, or olive oils instead. You can also use cooking spray if you don’t mind the extra calories. Anything goes! Please note that more oil = less air for a crisper result in under 30 minutes.
Step 6: Cooking
People usually care most about this step on how to use Nuwave air fryer. Place your food on the top rack and lower it down below. Set a timer if you have to, but remember that frozen means slightly longer cooking times. After lowering the top tray, close the lid as tightly as possible. This will ensure uniform cooking.
Finally, press one of four buttons (fish/meat, poultry/veggies) based on what type of meal you’re preparing before turning it on. Make sure not to overcook any meals!
You can try out recipes from around the world using this Air Fryer. They come with a recipe guide filled with mouthwatering options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and even dessert! The unit should automatically off when everything’s done cooking.
Step 7: Removing your food
To do this properly, wait until the machine has cooled down. You can then open up the lid and slowly take out your tray. Using mitts or oven gloves is highly recommended to avoid injuries.
It’s best to let any excess oil drip off before eating/serving while hot! Your air fryer should be enjoyed every time you use it for years of cooking experience ahead!
Step 8: Cleaning up
The best part about this Air Fryer is that there’s no need to scrub your dishes! Cleanup is as simple as brushing away excess food particles and wiping down the unit with a damp cloth. The non-stick coating of this machine also makes it easier on you, which means less elbow grease on your end. It even comes with its own scraper so you can get rid of any burnt residue stuck inside!
Beneficial tips for How to Use Nuwave Air Fryer when cooking
1) Use The Basket
This air fryer has a bigger plastic basket so you can use it for various foods. So there is no need for different fryers just one will do the job. Also, if this air fryer breaks you will still get some use out of it because you have not used all the money that was spent on the original purchase.
You can use it to cook or deep fry anything from chicken tenders to egg rolls and everything in between. The possibilities are endless with a product like this!
2) Cleaning Is Made Easy
All you have to do is take a damp cloth and wipe down the inside while it cools after cooking something, then it dries almost instantly due to its rapid heat. Make sure to take this guide on how to use Nuwave air fryer to keep your air fryer unspotted.
There is a baking pan provided with the air fryer so you can cook your meat or veggies on it and leave them in one place until they are finished cooking, whereas other products have nowhere for you to put anything while it cooks. And having a baking tray makes cleaning up even easier!
3) The Timer Is A Great Feature
This may seem as though this would be inconvenient but after using the timer that comes along with this air fryer multiple times I absolutely love it. It is different from other timers because you can see exactly how much time was left before the food finished cooking.
Also, if you want to go step out of your house or take a nap during cooking time you don’t need to worry about overcooking your food because you can set the time to cook for however long you want.
4) The Air Fryer Is Not Very Loud
Many people assume that an air fryer is loud like a blender or vacuum cleaner but they are not! This product does make some noise while it is working but it certainly isn’t anything close to what other kitchen appliances sound like.
So if you worry about disturbing neighbors or roommates with all the noise from deep frying in a pot don’t worry, this won’t bother them at all. Keep this tip on how to use Nuwave air fryer in your mind.
5) Cooking Times Are Efficient
Some people say that cooking times for most foods with this machine is a lot shorter than it would take using a microwave oven and some other appliances. So your dish is ready sooner and it uses less energy to cook.
6) Safe To Use Around Kids
One thing I really like about this product that sets it apart from other appliances and kitchenware is the fact that you can set it and leave it while your kid(s) play around in the kitchen, but your food or snacks will be perfectly cooked when you get them out of there.
This beats having to keep a close eye on little ones so they don’t burn themselves or damage any electrical devices such as an oven. And who wants to spend time cooking when they could be spending time playing with their children?
7) Healthy Meals Are Possible With This Product – Using The Basket Helps Here too!
With this air fryer, you can have healthier meals that are just as delicious, or more so, than ones cooked in oil. I will introduce you how to use Nuwave air fryer to make some tasty recipes in the end of the article.
Also, when cooking with oil you need to make sure your food is completely covered in it before you turn on the heat because if there are spots without oil they will not cook properly. Unlike other appliances where there seem to be hot spots throughout almost no matter what you are cooking in them.
8) Cooks Delicately
Unlike deep-frying using oil where you end up having an oily mess to clean up afterward this machine uses very little grease or oil while cooking which makes for much less of a mess and cleaner dishes/clothes/hands etc. And with this product, it takes practically no time at all to clean up when you are done cooking.
9) Baked Goods Are Possible Too
While baking is not something that is advertised as the main feature of this product it does in fact work great for making delicious desserts such as cookies, cakes, and whatever else you can think of.
Just make sure to lower the temperature by about 25 degrees and keep an eye on your food while it cooks in case they take too long in this machine compared with your oven. This tip on how to use Nuwave air fryer will help you a lot in cooking time.
10) Uses Little Electricity
This product is very energy efficient and uses much less electricity than an oven or other high-end appliances. This can save you money in the long run on bills by using a smaller amount of gas/electricity to cook your food.
11) The Basket Is Reusable And Easy To Clean
The non-stick basket is reusable and easy to clean with soap and water, unlike most plastic kitchen utensils that cannot be washed with soap because they will degrade! Furthermore, this makes for perfect portion sizes every time without wasting any of your snacks or meals as you would if you used a frying pan or pot.
12) You Can Prepare Foods In Advance
One thing that really sets this device apart from other appliances that are designed for cooking meals quickly is the ability to prepare your food in advance. Just put your ingredients together, mix them up and throw them into the basket to cook while you do something else. When it’s ready remove it from the basket and serve!
This may not be a positive feature for some people but if you have kids or other things going on throughout the day this can make life much easier!
FAQs about How to Use Nuwave Air Fryer
Do you put oil in an air fryer?
It depends on the brand and model of your air fryer. And actually how it cooks. Some models require oil to cook but some don’t and some work better without oil and the results are even better than what you get with cooking spray or a misting bottle (like Pam).
Can I put vegetables in air fryers?
Yes! You can totally put vegetables into an air fryer! In fact, you can put almost anything into an air fryer. Some people even use them to cook desserts and bake cakes. However, a word of caution: if you’re going to be cooking at high heat, the food being cooked should already be fully cooked.
For instance, if you want to deep-fry French fries or onion rings in your air fryer instead of your stovetop, they need to be fried from frozen or have been baked beforehand so that there is no risk of bacterial contamination from raw meat juices.
What can you cook in an air fryer?
Since the invention of air fryers, many of us are wondering what can you actually cook in an air fryer. The answer is simple – all the yummy food that requires deep frying without any oil. You can learn how to use Nuwave air fryer to cook some recipes below.
Since it’s easy to whip up tasty foods with less fat, it has become the most loved kitchen appliance for health-conscious people. From appetizers to desserts, here’s a list of recipes made using this amazing cooking appliance.
What are the disadvantages of air fryers?
- Air fryers may emit a bad smell when in use, so it is better used in a well-ventilated room.
- With some models, the food needs to be monitored constantly, otherwise overcooks and burns.
- In order for food to crisp up, you need to drain the water from it prior to cooking it in the air fryer. Otherwise soft fries will come out from your appliance.
Do you have to clean the air fryer after every use?
This is the number one question I am asked by readers who are thinking about buying an air fryer. The answer to this question really depends on how much you actually use your air fryer. If you only use it once in a while, then yes, you will have to clean it after every quick use. But if you’re like me and find yourself using the device daily, then no, definitely not!
When I first got my air fryer, I was under the impression that I’d have to clean it every time after use. This meant that before even coming close to finishing my first batch of fries or eating my first meal prepared with it, I would already be preparing myself mentally for what comes next – cleaning the damn thing.
How to Use Nuwave Air Fryer for Recipes
Beef Wellington Air Fryer
The Beef Wellington Air Fryer Recipe is a delicious dinner idea for family and friends. The crust uses the Air Fryer, so it is baked not fried. This is an easy cooking idea that impresses without stress. I will show you how to use Nuwave air fryer to make this delicious recipe below.
This Beef Wellington recipe is very much like the traditional Beef wellington recipe but for today’s version, we are baking it in the Air Fryer instead of oven cooking. This way you get a crispy sear on the outside with warm melted cheese on the inside! I hope you enjoy this fantastic dinner idea!
Beef Wellingtons are great for serving companies because they look so impressive when sliced open to reveal their cheesy goodness. Everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen making them yourself (haha). When really, all you did was spend 30 minutes assembling them before popping them into your air fryer, and, voila, dinner is served!
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cup of white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 3 sheets of frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1/2 pound of filet mignon steak, tenderized and cut into 4 pieces
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the filling by placing a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot add the beef and cook until browned on both sides. Remove from pan and let cool slightly. Reduce the heat to medium-low in the pan you just cooked and add the butter. It’s the first step of how to use Nuwave air fryer to cook the recipe.
- Add onions and cook until they just begin to soften for about 2 minutes. Add thyme and mushrooms and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through and all the liquid has evaporated from the pan.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly before using as a filling (or you’ll melt the cream cheese). Mix together beef, mushroom/onion mixture, cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, chives, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry on a cutting board (with folds going horizontal) Spoon about 1/4 of the filling down close to one end but not too close to folding over! Fold over the end and then roll up towards the opposite end. Place on a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheets and filling. Use a fork to press down on the seams of each pastry to seal them. If you have any holes, use a little egg wash as glue before pressing down with the fork.
- You can also just lay one folded piece of dough over the top of another and press down to seal if you don’t mind seeing the seams. Brush all exposed surfaces of pastry with egg wash. Bake in preheated Air Fryer at 390F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up!
- Serve immediately by slicing open with a serrated bread knife so that you see all those cheesy layers.
- You can substitute chicken for beef.
- Use any type of white button mushroom or mix it up by using shitake, crimini (baby Bella), oyster, etc.
- If you don’t have time to make puff pastry dough from scratch, use store-bought pie crust sheets instead. Just roll them out slightly thinner before assembling the Beef Wellingtons.
Carne Asada Fries Air Fryer
Carne asada fries is a nice and simple appetizer that’s perfect for sharing with friends and family or just enjoying yourself! All you need is to prepare the components, create the layers, and cook them in your air fryer! How to use Nuwave air fryer to cook this dish is not complicated at all.
- 2 large potatoes
- 1/2 pound of carne asada steak
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cheese Sauce (recipe below) – additional for dipping
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
For the Cheese Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons of butter, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk, whole or 2% are preferred but 1% works well too.
- Kosher salt, to taste
Toppings: Lettuce, Tomato, Sour cream, Red onion, Queso fresco, Guacamole, Cilantro Salsa
- Slice the Potatoes into wedges that are about 3/4 inch thick. Spray them with cooking oil on all sides to make sure they don’t stick together when cooked. Put them in the basket of your air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 360F.
- Divide the meat into four equal shares, season with salt and pepper to taste, then divide each portion into two halves. Cook the carne asada in the air fryer for 5-7 minutes at 370f or until done to your liking.
- Take all potatoes out of the basket, leaving only the carne asada inside. Turn it off for now. Place a layer of steak on top of every wedge. Top it with cheese sauce, salsa verde (if available), guacamole, or any other desired toppings except lettuce or tomatoes! Don’t overdo it though since you still want fries after all!
- Place a layer of steak on top of every wedge. Top it with cheese sauce, salsa verde (if available), guacamole, or any other desired toppings except lettuce or tomatoes! Don’t overdo it though since you still want fries after all! Add another layer of potatoes and set the air fryer to 300F and cook for 8 minutes.
- Serve hot with whatever dipping sauce you like – we prefer ranch dressing specially made by our local grocery store’s deli section! That’s all about how to use Nuwave air fryer to make this recipe.
Conclusion about How to Use Nuwave Air Fryer
If you are looking for a way to create healthier versions of your favorite foods, then an air fryer may be the right choice. This appliance is designed with healthy cooking in mind and offers many features that make it easy to prepare delicious food without all of the fat or oil. With these tips on how to use Nuwave air fryer, you will have everything you need to get started!