Tips and Guides on How to Use GoWise Air Fryer in 2021
Many people don’t know how to use GoWise air fryer safely and correctly because they think that every air fryers are the same. But they were wrong. This article will help you to discover more about the precautions, tips, and guides on how to use GoWise air fryer.
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating superheated air around the food. Much like traditional frying, the circulating hot air and oil together create a crispy exterior with a tender interior. The air fryer can be used to cook many meals, such as French fries, onion rings, chicken wings, dried fruit, vegetables, and so on.
GoWise air fryer is a new kitchen appliance that will change the way you cook! Now, with easy to use functions and an attractive design, cooking has become less of a chore. The products feature many different settings for your cooking: chicken, french fries, and more. It also includes a timer so you can set how long it cooks each item.
If you are looking for some new recipes to cook for your large family or you just want to know how to use GoWise air fryer perfectly, then this blog post is perfect for you! Scroll down below to find out more information about this product and how it works.
Basic information about How to Use GoWise Air Fryer
Before going into the How to Use Gowise Air Fryer section, you should learn more about your appliance in general. You will need to know what parts are included in the package, how to set up it, and all the basic information about safety guidelines.
In order to ensure safety during the cooking process, keep in mind to always read and follow your owner’s manual for all directions and precautions with this appliance. Keep these important safeguards in mind when using this air fryer:
- Do not overfill the basket. Doing this may cause leakage of hot oil when food is cooking or when removing the basket after cooking, posing a potential burn hazard to you and others in your kitchen.
- Never leave the appliance unattended while cooking with it. Unattended cooking can pose a fire hazard if the unit is accidentally turned on without anyone around to monitor the controls.
- Keep small children away from the fryer while it is hot or in use. Although cool-touch housing prevents burns during normal operation, avoid touching heating elements or the exterior of the air fryer when hot just after cooking for best safety practice.
- Keep flammable materials away from the fryer. Clothes, curtains, and other fabrics will catch fire quickly if they come in contact with hot oil.
- Never immerse air fryer housing or plug into water or any liquid as this may cause electric shock and short circuit.
- Do not attempt to open the unit while it is operating; wait until the unit has cooled completely before opening the cover. A crucial caution on how to use GoWise air fryer safely. This will help you to prevent burning your skin.
- The exterior of the appliance becomes very hot during use. Avoid touching the heating element and exterior of the appliance when cooking is finished just after turning off the machine, and wait for several minutes for the machine to cool down before touching it again so you don’t burn yourself.
- The hot oil and steam from cooking can also cause scalding, so be sure to take proper safety measures when using the appliance.
- Never use water on grease fires; simply turn off the air fryer and cover the fire with a large lid or cookie sheet for a few minutes until the smoke subsides before attempting to clean it.
- Do not attempt to cool down or move a hot air fryer by pouring cold water over it. Electric units are designed to remain plugged in while operating, but if yours is cordless you should never immerse either the base or handheld unit into any liquid at any time because this may cause electric shock and short circuit.
- Always unplug from the outlet when cleaning or when finished using your machine, and always empty the oil from the fryer after use.
- Cleaning and caring for your air fryer will keep it operating at its best. Never use steel wool, scouring pads, or harsh cleaners to clean the unit as they can scratch the non-stick coating.
- Only use a lightly dampened cloth to wipe down after cooking, and never submerge any part of the appliance into liquid when cleaning. Store in a dry place when not in use, avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures and be sure that all parts of the appliance are dry before using again.
- For maximum safety, certain machines have a breakaway cord feature that keeps the plug from being pulled from an outlet accidentally. If you notice fraying on any part of your machine’s cord during operation or if your machine has this feature, discontinue use immediately and unplug it.
- Certain machines have a cool-touch exterior that does not get hot during use. If you notice the outside of your unit getting hot or changing color during operation, stop using and unplug it immediately as it may overheat and pose a fire hazard. This tip on how to use GoWise air fryer will protect your appliance.
- Air fryers are designed to cook small batches of food quickly at high temperatures, cooking items such as fries and chicken wings with minimal added fat. In order to work successfully, make sure that foods are cut into uniform sizes so they will cook evenly as some foods may burn if left too long.
- When adding oil to your air fryer make sure to add just enough oil for your needs; excess oil can be reused after cooling down slightly. Never fill the fryer to the rim with oil as this may cause the unit to overheat and pose a fire hazard.
- It is important to note that air fryers are not designed for deep frying and should never be used as such. Do not submerge any part of your appliance into liquid during operation or when cleaning and never use solvent-based cleaners on the unit as they can damage the coating.
- Also keep in mind that air fryers are not designed to be left unattended while cooking, so never leave your appliance on when no one is home.
- Most importantly, always use caution when using electric appliances; if you notice anything unusual about your machine’s performance after extended periods of use or if any part of it malfunctions discontinue use immediately and unplug the unit before inspecting the unit for damage.
- If you think there might be something wrong with your appliance don’t try to fix it yourself; contact your nearest service center or manufacturer for more information. This is another important tip on how to use GoWise air fryer to protect your warranty benefits.
- Never attempt to use your machine without oil or in combination with other cooking methods like microwaving, conventional ovens, or barbecues because this may cause electric shock and pose a fire hazard.
- Always read the owner’s manual for your machine before using it for all directions, cautions, and warnings to ensure safety during cooking. Always comply with any special conditions or limitations that may apply when you cook with your air fryer.
If you have a question about your machine’s safety, always consult your nearest service center or manufacturer for more information. For those of you that plan to purchase an air fryer from this brand soon I hope you found this section helpful and if you are looking for a product now I wish you luck in making the right decision.
Setting Up Before Using GoWise Air Fryer for the First Time
After you have finished unboxing your new air fryer, go ahead and place all of the main components on a large dry surface. You will want to start by placing the frying basket into the fryer base then plugging in the base. Next, open up the lid of your air fryer and set it aside without closing it.
Now comes the fun part where we get to add ingredients to our machine so grab a bag or two of pre-cut frozen fries or chicken wings from your nearest grocery store and get ready for some cooking! In order to cook with an air fryer, we need to learn how it works first before we can actually use it right?
Now that we know how our machine is going to work we can now move on to the fun part which is cooking, however, before we get all excited it is important that you read and understand your air fryer’s manual because every machine functions a little differently.
The good news for those of you who have purchased a GoWise 5.8-quart capacity air fryer is that it is fairly simple to use as long as you follow the directions from the manual. To learn how to use GoWise air fryer, you just have to take some minutes.
In addition, this model has been designed with an LCD screen and comes equipped with preset buttons for items such as chicken wings, fries, sausage, shrimp, and more so there is less guesswork involved when cooking certain dishes.
If you are not sure how to cook something just check your owner’s manual or contact customer service for more information.
Now that you have a general idea of how to set up and use your air fryer it is time to put your new machine through its paces by cooking some frozen chicken wings, french fries, mozzarella sticks, fried fish fillets, or anything else you prefer.
So go ahead and pick out a recipe from your favorite food blog or website and give it a try during your next family movie night, party with friends at the pool, or even as something to do over the weekend.
And if you are feeling creative start working on making some of your own recipes using fresh ingredients such as homemade french fries cooked in healthy coconut oil.
So there you have it, folks! That is all I can teach you about setting up and using your GoWise 5.8-quart capacity air fryer so if you enjoyed this article please leave a comment below and don’t forget to share it on your favorite social media website or app. Have an awesome day you all!
How to Use GoWise Air Fryer
Whether you are new to air fryers or have already some experience, you can find below all the info needed on how to use GoWise Air Fryer. To be honest, this awesome appliance is so easy to use that it will take just a few minutes of reading and that is all.
Step 1: Plugging in the machine
The first step is just plugging in the machine. Yes, it’s that easy! For the power you need at home, this should be done according to local regulations which usually specify voltage and frequency requirements for household appliances.
Step 2: Preparing food
As with any other fryer, you don’t want to overcrowd your air fryer basket. The best thing about an air fryer is that there are no preheating or cooking times, so after putting all the ingredients in, you start frying immediately.
The only exception is some frozen foods like French fries or chicken nuggets which will require a little bit of time to defrost before they can be fried properly. To make things easier for you we always recommend laying out the ingredients before starting the machine.
Once all the ingredients are ready, just place them in a single layer inside the basket using cooking tongs.
Step 3: Preparing the machine
This is the next step on how to use GoWise air fryer. After your food is ready, it’s time to place the safety mesh inside the machine. The safest way of doing so is lifting the lid safety lock up completely until you hear a “click” sound.
You can then carefully lower down the safety mesh into its position on top of the heating element making sure that none of its four corners are higher than the rim of your fryer basket.
Step 4: Programming the machine
You can start frying right away, but if you want to follow recipes included in your air fryer instruction manual, now is the time to set the cooking time and temperature according to the instructions.
These Air Fryers are very easy to use and even easier to program for various programs. You just need to push one button (the “Mode” button) which will switch between all available presets – cake, fish, fries, etc.
After selecting your preferred preset turn the timer knob located on top of the machine clockwise until you reach the desired cooking time or press up/down arrows buttons if needed so that they stay lit up. The temperature does not have a separate knob because it is adjusted by rotating the timer knob around.
Step 5: Cooking time
After programming the machine, you will have to wait until your food is ready. The time it takes for cooking may vary depending on what you are preparing, but if the dish is not fully cooked after an hour of air frying at 360F or 180C, feel free to adjust the temperature or cooking time accordingly.
Step 6: Removing the basket
The step 6 on how to use GoWise air fryer is removing the basket. When all the ingredients are fried to perfection you can open up your fryer’s lid by pushing down on unlock button located on top of the machine.
After doing so just take out the basket containing your delicious meal with cooking tongs and put it aside for a while. It goes without saying that this is done in order not to burn yourself on hot oil which may be left inside.
Step 7: Removing the safety mesh
Earlier in this section, I explained how to prepare your machine for frying. Now it’s time to put everything away and clean up after yourself. There are a few simple steps that need to be taken when removing the safety mesh from your fryer’s heating element.
Just remember these three easy rules: lift it up completely until you hear a click, lower down slowly onto its place on top of the heating element without touching any electric parts with it, keep four corners firm on top of the rim of your fryer basket while gradually lowering mesh into position.
Step 8: Cleaning up
Now that everything is done you should just take out the removable parts (basket, mesh, and cooking pot) and wash them with warm soapy water as instructed in your manual. Leave all the removable parts to dry on a towel before putting them away.
That’s it, now you can have some relaxation time or do something else while waiting for your meal to be ready. The great thing about air frying is being able to multitask and use that time doing more important things like hunting unicorns (we assume).
- Never let the oil cool down completely before cleaning your fryer! If after removing the safety mesh from its place on top of the heating element you notice that any electric parts are hot enough for you to burn yourself.
- Don’t try to remove anything – just wait until everything has cooled off (a couple of minutes) and continue with the cleaning process. This is important on how to use GoWise air fryer safely.
- After some time, you will notice that oil starts to stick on the mesh and this is when you should clean it. If the mesh looks covered in dried crispy bits of food then you need not worry because these bits come off very easily if you use a piece of kitchen paper soaked in vegetable oil to rub them away – easy peasy!
- If the mesh still looks dirty after being cleaned with kitchen paper soaked in vegetable oil, soak it for a few minutes in soapy warm water using a sponge or any other type of dishwashing product which seems appropriate for getting rid of grease.
- Rinse thoroughly under running water and leave to dry before putting everything away neatly into your fryer’s box.
Tips for How to Use GoWise Air Fryer when cooking
The air fryer has become an essential appliance in many homes. It is not just a one-trick pony that you can use for frying foods without adding oil, but it also makes excellent grilled cheese sandwiches, roasted vegetables, and even crispy chicken wings. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your new appliance:
- Make sure to cut food into equal-sized pieces because this will ensure they cook evenly. The same principle applies when using an air fryer as with any other oven or hot plate; the bigger the surface area, the more quickly it cooks.
- Sear meat first before cooking it all together at once in your air fryer (i.e., put and potatoes around the chicken thighs). The meat will cook a lot quicker this way, and the potatoes won’t turn to mush.
- For foods that have a higher water content (such as mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, etc.), add about a teaspoon of oil per every 1 cup of vegetables. This will ensure you get nice golden-brown results from your air fryer.
- Do not overcrowd your air fryer basket because this will decrease its efficiency, as well as cause the food to steam instead of cooking quickly. If you put too much food into the machine, the heat just gets absorbed by everything inside and it takes much longer for anything to actually cook through.
- Try adding seasonings to your food after cooking it. That way, the seasoning can stick to the surface of the food, which will cause it to have more flavor. I like to add seasoning just before putting my foot into the air fryer for even better results. A fun tip on how to use GoWise air fryer to get the best results.
- If possible, use a non-stick pan or dish inside your air fryer because this will cut down on clean-up time later on. Another tip is to line your air fryer basket with parchment paper instead of aluminum foil; this approach offers you better results when it comes time to clean up afterward, too.
- You may want to buy two baskets if you are cooking for more than four people at once because most standard models only come with one basket included in the set (although larger models may come with two). Using two baskets allows you to cook multiple batches of food without waiting for the first one to be done.
- Most foods can also be cooked using your oven instead of an air fryer; however, if you want crispy French fries or a roasted chicken, it is much easier and faster to use your air fryer than wait for your oven to heat up and then cook everything at the right temperature.
- Let’s talk hot dogs (and hamburgers). They do not get tender when using an air fryer even if you cook them for one hour at 375F. But they will become softer and more flavorful so it’s great to put vegetables inside the hot dog, wrap it in bacon and then air-fry all together!
- The only way to reheat a pizza is by air frying it. You can do this by simply adding a few drops of water on top of the crust before cooking the pizza for 10 minutes at 392F. This tip on how to use GoWise air fryer is necessary if you want your pizza perfectly.
- If you’re having trouble with foods getting stuck to your basket, try lining it first with parchment paper or aluminum foil before putting your food inside.
- If you find that your air fryer is producing too much noise, check out if any parts are loose – in my case, the bottom ring was loose so it made a lot of noise while cooking. After tightening, I barely notice it in the background when running.
- When air-frying your food, try to cut it into uniform portions before cooking for best results. This also helps foods cook evenly throughout.
- Another great tip for getting the best results when cooking with an air fryer is to leave some space between your food while it’s cooking. This allows airflow to get in, which helps your food cook easier and more efficiently. So don’t overcrowd your basket!
- If you are making crispy chicken wings, just coat them with baking powder before cooking them for 1 hour at 360F in an oven or air fryer.
- Give extra flavor to your roasted vegetables by using balsamic vinegar instead of oil when mixing them together ahead of time. After they have been cooked for 10 minutes at 390F pour over the balsamic vinegar and mix everything together!
How to Use GoWise Air Fryer to Make Recipes
Turkey Croquettes Air Fryer Recipe
Turkey Croquettes is a tasty appetizer, a great way to use up leftover turkey. These croquettes are simple and delicious. Cooked rice, chopped turkey, and spices are combined, shaped into cylinders, and coated with bread crumbs. Serve these croquettes hot from the oven as a snack or appetizer for your next party.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup of bread crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups of cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup of yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley leaves or 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice
- Below is how to use GoWise air fryer to make this recipe. Coat the inside of the air fryer basket with cooking spray, set it aside. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Start to assemble the croquettes by combining all ingredients (except 1/2 cup bread crumbs) in a large bowl until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into about 18 patties, place them on a plate, and chill for 20 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator if you plan ahead; otherwise, skip this step and go directly to the breading process.
- Combine 1/4 cup of bread crumbs with 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes in a shallow dish, mix well to combine; set aside. Place chilled patties one by one into breading mixture, then gently shake off excess, set them aside. Repeat this until all patties are coated.
- Arrange prepared croquettes in a single layer on the air fryer basket; close lid and bake for 12 minutes. Open the lid carefully and flip each croquette, close the lid and continue baking for another 8 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Garnish with parsley flakes if desired and serve hot with sweet chili sauce.
Note: Place cooked croquettes onto a wire rack to cool slightly before serving; otherwise, they may be served while very hot but I like them warm or at room temperature better! Enjoy your Turkey Croquettes!!
Chicken Tenders Air Fryer Recipe
The air fryer is such a cool kitchen appliance. It makes cooking your favorite snacks like hot wings, fried chicken tenders, and French fries easy and enjoyable. With the help of an Air Fryer, you can have perfectly crispy French fries which only takes around 10 minutes. I will show you how to use GoWise air fryer to cook this dish.
It has been so long since I had homemade crispy fried chicken until now thanks to this recipe for air fryer chicken tenders! This is a great way to get kids involved in helping out with dinner as well. They will have fun drizzling on the sauce or dipping those tasty bites into their favorite sauce before popping them into their mouths!
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley or basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of flour + 1 tablespoon of corn starch OR 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- Season chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper.
- Combine panko, sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon parsley or basil, garlic powder (optional), and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper in a shallow dish or large ziplock bag.
- Place flour or 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour into another dish. Dip each tender into the flour until well coated then dip into egg mixture until well coated then dip into breadcrumb mixture until well coated.
- Repeat for all tenders until you have used up your breading mixture. If your breading starts to clump together just break it apart with your hands as needed. Do not overwork the breading!
- Once done air frying, sprinkle with remaining parsley or basil. Place chicken in a single layer inside your air fryer basket and cook at 370 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through once golden brown.
- Optional: For extra crispy tenders double-dip by repeating the breading process then place back into your egg mixture then breading again before placing into the Air Fryer per the above instructions. The more breading you have on your chicken the crispier they will be.
- Serve with a favorite dipping sauce such as ketchup, barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, etc., or try one of our special delicious recipes for dipping sauces here! That’s how to use GoWise air fryer to get the best result.
Fish and Chips Air Fryer Recipe
Fish and chips is a very popular dish in the UK, fish is coated in batter and then deep-fried. Instead of frying, we can make this tasty treat with our air fryer. In the below recipe we use a combination of flours to simplify preparation and obtain a thin crispy coating that absorbs less oil than standard batters thanks to oil-free cooking.
- 1 pound (500 g) of firm white fish fillets
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of corn starch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups of lager or soda water
- Salt to taste
- Cut the fish into regular-sized portions. Sift flour, corn starch, and baking powder into a large bowl. Add salt to taste, oil and egg then gradually add lager or soda water until you obtain an easily pourable mixture; make sure it’s not too runny otherwise your batter will be soggy.
- The consistency should resemble pancake batter (not thick like mayonnaise). Immerse fish fillets one at a time in the batter and let them soak for about 5 minutes before air frying.
- This is how to use GoWise air fryer to cook. Prepare your air fryer basket adding enough cooking fat if using one; place baskets in the oven. Air fry 4 to 6 pieces of battered fish, depending on available space, at 200°C/400°F for about 7 minutes until the batter turns crispy and golden brown.
- Repeat in batches until all fish pieces are deep-fried and serve with your favorite sides such as French fries, peas, or simply a fresh salad.
You can use any type of white-fleshed fish fillet you like; we recommend tilapia, sea bream, seabass, or cod. You can add some spices to your batters such as dried oregano leaves or thyme then leave out the salt since most fish are already slightly salty enough on their own.
I used store-bought corn starch but feel free to prepare it yourself by fine milling regular cornmeal then sifting it into flour a strainer or a sifter. You can use any regular soda instead of a traditional lager if you prefer.
Cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of each piece, also keep in mind that fish meat tends to become dryer the more overcooked it gets so try inserting a fork into one of your pieces just to make sure they are cooked through without being dry then remove them from the fryer.
Air frying is not only healthier but allows for some very creative dishes since no deep-frying is required; this recipe uses less oil than conventional methods while producing equally flavorful results.
Remember though that using little oil is not enough to make deep-fried foods healthy, air fryers are great for already healthy ingredients packed with flavors such as potatoes, tofu, fruit, quinoa, legumes, and even cheese!
FAQs about How to Use GoWise Air Fryer
Do you have to preheat the air fryer?
No, but you should do that. The GoWISE USA air fryer should be heated up before cooking. The preheating time will depend on the model and power of your air fryer and the recipe you’re making. This is done to ensure that the temperature inside the unit is high enough so it can cook food quickly.
Can you put water in an air fryer to clean?
Yes, you can put water in an air fryer to clean it. You can use any type of liquid for this purpose. You will need to empty the water inside the appliance before using it again. The amount of time that you will have before using it again depends on how much liquid you used and what types of food were prepared in your air fryer.
Because food particles are likely to stay inside your air fryer after cleanup, we recommend cleaning your air fryer with water every time you cook with it, regardless if there is anything leftover from previous use or not.
Do you have to clean air fryer after every use?
You don’t have to clean the air fryer after every use. It depends on the type of usage. If you are frying breaded food then it is better that you clean your air fryer after each use to avoid any kind of sticking in the basket or in any other places in the fryer.
Final thought about How to Use GoWise Air Fryer
This air fryer product is a great way to cook your favorite foods without having to use oil. With this air fryer, you can enjoy delicious fried foods without all the guilt. But before you get into how to use GoWise air fryer, it’s important that you read the basic guide on safety precautions and tips for using an air fryer in general.
It may be tempting to jump right in and start cooking away but don’t take any chances with something as delicate as a frying appliance! Once you’ve cleared these steps, check out the guides for great recipes from these Air Fryers themselves or other chefs who love their machines just like us.