Tips and Guides on How to Use Gourmia Air Fryer in 2021
Searching for how to use Gourmia air fryer efficiently and properly? If yes, this blog is a must-read for you. It has all about the functions and tips for using this air fryer. The blog also discusses the pros and cons of using this product. Follow this blog to make your cooking experience better using this air fryer.
This article is about air fryers from a brand that has become one of the most popular kitchen appliances now. This appliance can give you healthier fried food like chicken, steak, French fries, fish, etc. without oil because it uses hot air to fry foods at 150-degree Celsius temperature perfectly.
Although most air fryers are easy to use, you still should know how to use Gourmia air fryer to protect yourself and get all the benefits from the fryer.
Air fryers are gaining popularity at a rapid rate. These appliances use centrifugal force to circulate hot air around food for uniform cooking, but require very little or no oil while doing so. As more people look to cut the calories in their diets without sacrificing flavor, this type of fryer is becoming an ideal solution. How does it work? How do you properly use one?
How to use Gourmia air fryer is a question that attracts a lot of attention from first-time users. But before finding that, you should understand more about the air fryer. The air fryer works by circulating hot air around the chamber with the help of a built-in motorized fan.
Food can be prepared with just a small amount of oil, which is spread right on the pan before closing the lid. The ingredients are cooked with superheated air that creates a crispy exterior and tender interior without excess fat absorption.
Basic information about How to Use Gourmia Air Fryer
Learning the basic information before going for how to use Gourmia air fryer is necessary for your safety. Below are the safeguards and the setup for your air fryer.
Important Safeguards for how to use Gourmia Air Fryer
I would like to share some important safety information with you to avoid any injury. The air fryer uses a unique heating element that is different from traditional frying methods. Before discovering how to use Gourmia Air Fryer, it’s important that you follow these precautions:
- Do not get any part of your body too close to the rotating basket while in operation. In particular, do not place your fingers or hand between the rotation hub and rotating bowl during operation as serious injury can occur. We recommend using tongs when removing food from the device.
- While cooking in oil or grease, never exceed more than 1/3 cup oil in order to avoid spillage or overflow. Doing so can cause serious injury or property damage from fire, electrical shock or electrocution.
- Do not touch the rotating basket during cooking as it is extremely hot and may burn you. Also, never place any item on the back of the unit where a fan is located because this area can become very hot and cause a fire hazard.
- Always unplug the Air Fryer after use until it has cooled completely. Never operate the appliance while it is still plugged in, even if cooking is not taking place. Doing so can damage or shorten the life of your device.
- Never put any part of the Air Fryer near an open window, exterior wall or location where airflow will be impeded by other objects such as curtains, blinds, etc., to avoid accidental tipping of the unit or fan damage due to overheating which could result in a fire hazard.
- Do not place food directly on metal parts within the basket itself (i.e., drumettes). The rotating basket may cause injury if someone should come into contact with it during operation.
- When cleaning your air fryer, never submerge any part of the unit in water. Doing so may cause electrical shock and create a fire hazard. Also, never use harsh abrasive cleaners as they can damage the finish on the exterior of your appliance.
- Always unplug and turn off the power switch before removing the container for cleaning. Failure to do so can cause electrical shock and/or fire resulting from shorting of the heating element inside the rotating basket. Therefore, know these precautions before how to use Gourmia air fryer really help to protect you and your family.
- Never operate without all removable parts properly placed as instructed in this manual (i.e., drumettes). Failure to do so can cause injury or property damage from spilt oil or hot grease as well as electric shock and/or fire resulting from shorting of the heating element inside the rotating basket.
Always attach any coverings such as mesh screens before starting the cooking process and monitor cooking times closely to avoid overcooking.
- Do not attempt to repair, replace or adjust any part of the air fryer or its accessories. Doing so can result in injury or malfunction which could also create a fire hazard. The only parts that may be adjusted without voiding your warranty are the temperature dial and timer knob located on top of the device. If you have any questions regarding these items please contact the customer service.
- Unplug appliance when not in use for an extended period of time; failure to do so can cause electrical shock or fire due to residual heat building up inside of the appliance.
- Always unplug before transporting, moving, cleaning or storing your appliance. Doing so can prevent injury from accidental tipping when in use or when stored upright. This appliance is not intended for commercial use.
- The maximum food capacity stated in this manual is a guide only and may vary according to individual recipes, cooking methods and variations in ingredients used by different manufacturers of the same product. For example, frozen french fries will not cook as quickly as fresh potatoes because they are denser and contain more moisture content.
As a result, their internal temperature/texture will be different than that of standard-sized potatoes which have been exposed to heat for longer periods of time.
- When cooking french fries in your Air Fryer, you may find that the cooking times are affected based on the types of potatoes that are being used. For example, smaller potatoes will cook in about half the time that larger ones might take. As a result, what is suggested in this manual provides only a guide for best results when using regular sized potatoes with the outer skin.
- Never cover or obstruct air vents on the sides or back of appliances while cooking is taking place. Doing so can cause overheating resulting in damage to the unit or fire due to heat buildup. Also, make sure food does not spill into these areas during use as they can become hot and cause injury if touched accidentally.
This part is quite important for how to use Gourmia air fryer because it helps you to maintain the air fryer better besides protecting your safety.
- Always ensure there is sufficient space around the air fryer for ventilation when in use. Do not obstruct the front, sides or back of the appliance to prevent overheating and fire hazards.
- Always ensure any mesh screens used with your fry basket are properly fitted before cooking begins. Mesh screens that do not fit properly can cause injury if touched while rotating. Cooking times will vary based on mesh screen size and the type of food being cooked.
- While your air fryer is in operation you may notice a small amount of smoke coming from the appliance during cooking time, which is normally given off by certain foods such as french fries. This is caused by the high heat required to cook these types of products and does not mean something is wrong with your fryer.
- Your air fryer is intended to be used with the heating element underneath, this will create a small amount of heat that can cause items to melt or deform if placed directly on top of the heating element for extended periods of time. Always use protective covers such as mesh screens when cooking these types of foods to avoid product damage or charring. This tip on how to use Gourmia air fryer will help you cook without odor and smoke.
- When cooking larger pieces of food in your air fryer basket always ensure you are using mesh screen(s) for safety reasons. These mesh screens should not be covered up entirely by food otherwise they cannot properly rotate inside the unit resulting in possible injury due to lack of protection from the rotating basket.
Ensure that you keep the motorized stirring mechanism free from food as this too can be a source of injury if touched while stirring.
Setting Up before Using Air Fryer for the First Time
You must read this part before continuing on how to use Gourmia air fryer if you are a newbie to this appliance.
- After opening the box, tear off the plastic bag covering the Air Fryer’s cooking basket and drip tray. Remove all other parts from their packaging and place them in a safe area within your work or kitchen area. Make sure that you have a counter space large enough to accommodate this appliance for installation before purchasing it.
If applicable, removing tape from underneath appliances is recommended to prevent damage to surfaces during installation.
- Remove the air fryer lid by holding the handles on each side of the exterior housing with one hand while pressing the button located under the top handle with the thumb of the same hand. Pull back the lid handle, then remove the lid from the machine body by tilting it forward.
A small amount of pressure will need to be applied in order for the lid to open. Remove lid gasket from lid, then wash in warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before returning to the bottom of the cooking chamber.
- Place food items in the basket being careful not to overcrowd or obstruct airflow between food items. The rest of the setup is carried out according to your product’s user manual/recipe book. Please consult these resources for optimal cooking times and temperatures for use without modification.
Other recipes may require additional preparation steps such as breading, seasoning, defrosting or marinating depending on your microwave oven model/size/wattage.
- Ensure that all parts are clean prior to starting your machine including any accessories you plan on using before continuing on how to use Gourmia air fryer. It is recommended that you wash all parts in warm soapy water before use.
Also note that for safety reasons the air fryer will not operate unless it is completely assembled/lined with greaseproof paper, perforated tray or parchment paper.
- To ensure you have followed all instructions properly, please perform the following test to check if your machine is operating correctly prior to use
- With no food inside, plug in Air Fryer. Set temperature dial on desired setting and press “Timer” button until the time reaches 10 mins per manual/recipe book instructions. Press the “Start” button once located under the cooking countdown timer window; the appliance should automatically begin heating up after 3-5 seconds.
- If you notice any unusual noises during this process or smell burning/electrical components not working properly immediately unplug the appliance and contact the technical support team. If your machine operates smoothly, you are now ready to discover how to use Gourmia air fryer!
How to Use Gourmia Air Fryer
This is a one-of-a-kind fryer thanks to its compact size, smart features, and how it makes crispy, delicious food. If you are wondering how to use Gourmia air fryer efficiently that too without any harmful effects on your health then follow the next steps:
Step 1: Prepare your food
You should ensure that you’ve cut all the vegetables and meat to the same size so that they cook in an even manner. Remember, it is important to remove any excess oil or marinades between preparation and cooking time to avoid any chances of splatter inside the fryer. For example, if your meats are unseasoned you can season them after frying for best results.
It is recommended that you use cooking spray, Pam or nonstick spray when preparing food for air frying so that food doesn’t stick to the tray.
Step 2: Place Prepared Food Inside The Air Fryer
The next step on how to use Gourmia air fryer would be to place your prepared foods in the nonstick-coated mesh basket. Ensure that there is at least 1/2 inch space between each piece of food so that foods don’t get stuck together while frying.
Step 3: Time and Temperature Setting
Make use of the rotary dial to set your desired time and temperature for accurate results. While using the air fryer, you should ensure that the minimum cooking time is two minutes and the maximum cooking time is twenty minutes in order to avoid overcooking leading to loss of nutrients and flavor.
Meat should be cooked at 325°F for 15-20 minutes whereas veggies can be air fried at 400°F for 5-7 minutes only. Do not exceed the recommended times otherwise, there are chances of harmful effects on health.
Step 4: Cooking Time Drums
The next step is to attach the cooking time drums to your tray. These drums are available in three different colors namely orange, silver and blue. The drum makes it easier for you to keep an eye on when your food is ready without having to open the air fryer and lose valuable heat and moisture.
Step 5: Cooking Air Flow Direction
If you want good-tasting crispier fried foods then you should ensure that you’ve selected the “FORWARD AIR COOKING” option in the settings menu. This feature is recommended if you’re cooking fries or single items such as a cutlet or a steak.
When you select this function, cold air will be blown from the front towards the back grill which will make sure that food gets cooked from both sides evenly.
If you’d like to cook a whole meal at the same time then you might consider using the “INVERTED AIR COOKING” function which works really well for cooking larger pieces of meat or whole chickens. In this case, cold air will flow from the top towards the bottom grill so that food doesn’t get undercooked from the top while being overcooked from below.
That’s it all about how to use Gourmia air fryer! By following these simple steps, you can be assured that you will become a pro at using this product in no time and your fried foods will come out even more scrumptious than ever before!
Tips for How to Use Gourmia Air Fryer when cooking
The brand has become a popular air fryer brand recently. It is because of its high quality, many people are curious about how to use Gourmia air fryer most efficiently. The main purpose of the air fryer is to make meals with less fat and calories than normal cooking methods like pan-frying for example.
Such as french fries, meatballs, fish fingers, etc. Then it is easy to understand why people consider These Air Fryers when they go on diet. In this part of the article, I will give you some tips on how to do that successfully by using These Air Fryer.
- Baking some food is a healthier way of cooking your favorite dishes while the Air Fryer promises you healthy and tasty meals in minutes. For example, there is no need to flip cake batter anymore when using this air fryer: just add it to the machine and after 10 minutes enjoy delicious pancakes!
- To begin with, make sure that the drip pan below the basket has been lined with aluminum foil for easy cleaning. Then simply coat your food with a little oil before placing them into the fryer for fast and crispy results with less fat content than deep-frying ingredients in oil or butter, which makes this appliance a great addition to your kitchen countertop collection.
- The Air Fryer inserts provide for a healthier alternative to deep-fried cooking and allows you to enjoy your favorite fried foods without the excess oil and calories. All you need is to coat your food with a little bit of oil before placing them into the fryer so they come out delicious, always crispy and taste good too!
Additionally, The Air Fryer has an adjustable temperature setting from 175°F to 400°F so that if needed your food can be cooked slowly or quickly either way it will remain moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside!
- When baking doughnuts in The Air Fryer, just add a light coat of safflower oil spray evenly over all parts of each doughnut before inserting it into the fryer. Also, make sure to use a non-stick cooking spray for easy cleaning.
- Another important feature of The Air Fryer is that it has a cool side for food placement so it helps with reducing hot spots and doesn’t overcook the food! In addition, preheat your fryer for 5 minutes before placing any food in it, even though its ready light will illuminate when the appliance reaches the desired temperature.
Then simply choose from one of three heat settings: low, medium or high depending on what you are preparing and enjoy crispy baked foods with lower fat content! Therefore, tips for how to use Gourmia air fryer are necessary.
- Place casserole dish in the middle of the basket, add a light coat of oil around casserole dish. Add food to the casserole dish. Set temperature on the desired level and follow cooking times as shown in the recipe guide.
- Also, it is very easy to replace the oil with water if you are trying to cook healthier or simply don’t want to use any oils when using The Air Fryer!
Yet another important note that I need you to remember when using this appliance is that there are two heat settings for both bake and roast which makes it possible for your foods to become crispy while remaining moist inside! To conclude, make sure that you never overload the fryer basket because this way over-cooked edges will form once the food begins to touch each other.
- When making baked like cookies, muffins and other desserts in The Air Fryer, simply add a little oil to your batter and don’t forget to spray the baking cups or ramekins with cooking spray before adding batter!
Also, when preheating this appliance for 5 minutes allow enough time after that period has elapsed before placing your food into it. This way you will ensure perfectly cooked foods every time using the correct temperature setting on low, medium or high!
- If you want to add extra flavor when roasting meat then adds some thyme sprigs and garlic cloves with carrots and onions around the pieces of meat which already can be seasoned too. Add 1/4 cup of water covering the bottom of the pan and set oven temp at 400°F. Set timer for 55 minutes and roast on the bottom rack.
- When baking chocolate desserts in The Air Fryer, just pour batter into a baking cup or ramekins that have been coated with non-stick cooking spray first! It is important to remember that there are three heat settings for both bake and roast so it is really easy to choose the right temperature depending on what you are preparing!
Then simply set your time between 10 to 15 minutes maximum depending on how fast you want your deserts baked! However, make sure not to overbake them because this way they will be dry inside when trying to eat them since these appliances are known for always cooking moist foods from within! This way each dessert will turn out great and tasty!
- Also, it is very important to never overfill your fryer basket when cooking chips in The Air Fryer since this way the formation of hot spots will be inevitable ruining your food! This is one of the ideas for how to use Gourmia air fryer correctly.
Then simply choose from one of three heat settings: low, medium or high depending on what you are preparing and enjoy crispy foods with lower fat content every time using the correct temperature setting on low, medium or high!
- Place chicken thighs skin side up on a rack in a roasting pan and add carrots around the thighs followed by garlic cloves around them too. Add thyme sprigs evenly all around the chicken pieces after dressing them with olive oil, salt & pepper.
Add 1/4 cup of water covering the bottom of the pan and set oven temp at 400°F. Set timer for 50 minutes and roast on the middle rack.
- When heating up leftovers in The Air Fryer, it is essential to remember that there are two heat settings for both bake and roast which makes it possible for your foods to become crispy while remaining moist inside! Then simply choose from one of three heat settings: low, medium or high depending on what you are preparing!
And don’t forget to set your time between 10 to 15 minutes maximum depending on how fast you want your food heated through using the correct temperature setting on low, medium or high! Also, always make sure that your machine reaches desired temperature before adding any food in order to have perfectly cooked dishes every time!
- When making baked like cookies, muffins and other desserts in The Air Fryer, simply add a little oil to your batter and don’t forget to spray the baking cups or ramekins with cooking spray before adding batter!
Also, when preheating this appliance for 5 minutes allow enough time after that period has elapsed before placing your food into it. This way you will ensure perfectly cooked desserts every time using the correct temperature setting on low, medium or high!
- Always set timer between 10 to 15 minutes maximum depending on how fast you want your food heated through using the correct temperature setting on low, medium or high when heating up leftovers in The Air Fryer!
And don’t forget to add a little oil to your batter for perfectly cooked muffins and other desserts every time! That’s how to use Gourmia air fryer in an efficient way.
- Also, always remember that there are three heat settings for both bake & roast so it is really easy to choose the right temperature depending on what you are cooking!
You will surely love preparing food in The Air Fryer while enjoying lower fat content due to the quickness of the whole process using this appliance with an integrated timer which can be set up between 1 & 30 minutes depending on how fast you want your food prepared!
- When baking chocolate cakes in The Air Fryer, simply pour batter into baking cup ramekins that have been lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Set timer for 25 minutes using the correct temperature setting on low, medium or high and enjoy moist & tasty cakes every time!
- If you want your pumpkin pie to be crispy from outside while remaining moist inside in The Air Fryer then simply add a little oil to the mixture and stir it carefully into the pumpkin filling before pouring it into a baked crust.
Then set the timer between 10-15 minutes maximum depending on how fast you want your dessert baked using the correct temperature setting on low, medium or high until golden brown color appears! This way each pastry will turn out great and tasty!
- Only when baking chocolate cakes in The Air Fryer do not forget to line baking cups or ramekins with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray! This way you will get perfectly cooked cakes each time using the correct temperature setting on low, medium or high while saving money too!
- And last but not least, don’t forget to add a little oil in your chocolate cake mixture when making this dessert in The Air Fryer because it is really important for moistening ingredients in order to have tasty cakes that are always crispy from outside while remaining moist inside!
FAQs about How to Use Gourmia Air Fryer
Besides the question of how to use the product, many people also wonder about different kinds of related ones. If you want to know, keep reading on.
Do you need to preheat a Gourmia air fryer?
Yes, you need to preheat the air fryer for about 10 minutes before cooking. It’s much faster than a conventional oven. And much healthier too!
Can I use Gourmia air fryers in my home?
Sure! Air fryers are great small appliances for kitchens that have limited space. They are also great when you are cooking for two or three people. You can cook so many things with it! Among other things, you can bake broccoli, make french fries, and even cook a turkey in an air fryer. Be sure to read the cautions and tips on how to use Gourmia air fryer properly.
Yes, an entire turkey! It will be healthy and delicious! With the right accessories of course… Just keep in mind that not everything that is suitable for deep-frying can be cooked in an air fryer. There is a certain temperature and time combination for cooking various dishes. But don’t worry! This air fryer will give you a recipe book with all the suitable recipes to get started!
Can you open air fryer while cooking?
No, you can’t open the air fryer while cooking. The steam comes out of the basket holes during the cooking process and keeps your food moist. Keep it closed until cooking time is over unless you are adding more ingredients to the frying basket.
Should I run my air fryer before first use?
Yes, you should run your air fryer before first use. This allows for the parts that were initially packed during production to be removed and also allows the appliance to heat up to a predetermined safe operating temperature. The idea of running the appliance without food is a good one – but not necessary.
If you don’t have time to do this, there’s no need to worry about it too much! Just make sure if using an oven mitt, handle with care until it has been run at least once even if only for a few minutes. Read how to use Gourmia air fryer thoroughly to ensure your success when cooking.
Can I put my air fryer on the countertop?
Yes, most air fryers can easily fit on your countertop. Be sure to measure your kitchen space and make sure they will fit comfortably before buying one.
Can you put plastic in an air fryer?
No. It can warp or melt. Put plastic in an air fryer will ruin your food.
Can I put an air fryer on wood?
Yes, you can. Most air fryers have a stovetop function that allows them to be safely used on your range top or countertop.
Can I use an air fryer in my bedroom?
We don’t recommend using the air fryer while you’re sleeping (especially in a bedroom), because it can get very smoky and/or greasy while frying, which could make your room smell bad and potentially damage any furniture or flooring near where you place it the appliance while cooking.
How to use Gourmia Air Fryer to Make Recipes
Frozen Onion Rings in Air Fryer
Tired of the same old onion rings? Spice things up by trying this frozen onion take on Air Fryer Onion Rings. The result is a crisp, crunchy coating that holds its shape well and has just the right amount of saltiness to complement any meal. Below is how to use Gourmia air fryer to make this recipe.
- 3 cups of packed frozen onion ring mix or French’s fried onions
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Yogurt ranch sauce (optional)
- Place all ingredients except frozen onions in a gallon freezer bag, seal tightly, and shake until mixed. Open the bag and add the frozen onion rings. Seal and shake until well coated.
- Pour onion rings out onto a paper towel-lined aluminum foil-covered 8″ square pan. Smooth onions with fingers to remove any lumps. Cover pan with parchment paper, followed by another sheet of aluminum foil on top (for easy clean up).
- Preheat the air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 370°F/188°C; set time for 10 minutes. Transfer pan carefully into hot air fryer basket. Cook on 370°F/188°C for 5 minutes; then turn over and cook an additional 5 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove pan from air fryer and drain on paper towels. Serve with your favorite ranch or dipping sauce.
Frozen Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
I found this little gem of a recipe over on the Kid’s Cooking Adventure site. I made some changes to make it dairy-free and am sharing how to use Gourmia air fryer to make this recipe. These are great for lunch or as an appetizer!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (or Dairy Free Spread)
- 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 2 eggs whisked with a couple of tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons of butter or more depending on your pan air fryer
- In a medium bowl, combine the first six ingredients thoroughly. Pour about two tablespoons of mixture onto an egg roll wrapper. Using your finger, wet the edge of the wrapper. Roll up and seal with water.
- Place in a single layer in your air fryer basket, seam side down. Brush tops with egg or butter then cook at 370 for about 4 or 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy
- Turn over and brush other side and bake until golden brown and crispy again
- Serve with your favorite sauce. That’s how to use Gourmia air fryer to cook this delicious dish.
Conclusion about How to Use Gourmia Air Fryer
If you are looking for a way to fry your food without the mess and hassle, an air fryer may be just what you need. This handy tool uses hot air to cook foods instead of oil or fat so it is much healthier than traditional frying methods. Follow these tips and guides for how to use Gourmia Air Fryer properly in order to get the best results every time!