Tips and Guides on How to Use Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer in 2021
If you are looking for the way how to use Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer, you are at the right place. This blog spot has all what you need.
Emeril Lagasse is a famous chef with restaurants all over the world. His latest invention for consumers to buy at department stores is the Emeril Air Fryers. One of these is Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360. This new appliance can cook everything from french fries, chicken wings, and rotisserie chickens in minutes!
With this air fryer, you no longer have to worry about cooking oil or grease splattering everywhere because it cooks your food using only hot air. Today, I will tell you all about how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer in a proper way.
When you want to cook something in very little time and with simple ingredients, then what will be your best pick? Emeril Air Fryer is the perfect choice for cooking food. It is a simple way of cooking that uses little or no oil at all. You can fry any kind of chicken or fried food without using oils which are good for your heart.
There are many other brands available but it has been found that Emeril Air Fryer is much better than others. Before discovering how to use Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer, let’s quickly review Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360.
Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360
Before learning about how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer, you should know about the features, pros and cons of this product. The Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 is a versatile and easy-to-use kitchen appliance that replaces up to nine different kitchen appliances.
Whether you’re looking for microwave style cooking or the fast and healthy cooking of air frying, this countertop oven has it all! With variable heat settings and internal convection, innumerable combinations are possible with this energy-efficient drool-worthy must-have device.
Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 uses a revolutionary new technology that has you cooking shows in your kitchen. You can replace high-fat frying or baking with the same great foods, just with none of the mess and double the flavor!
With 12 presets cooking functions, it is easier than ever before to make family favorites like fried chicken and fries, lasagna, eggs and bacon strips or tasty salads such as macaroni salad and coleslaw without wasting any time! Plus since it does all of this is one appliance on your countertop you don’t even need an oven for recipes like apple pie and turkey dinners.
- 12 preset cooking functions with an LCD display
- Use oil up to 70% less than normal
- A recipe cookbook from famous chef Emeril Lagasse
- Accessories set for baking, air frying and rotisserie
- Makes cooking easier and faster
- Eat healthier with less oil and fat.
- Keep your kitchen clean with no splatters or smells
- Large enough for a family of five or six depending on the consumers
- Noisy during cooking
The unit features adjustable temperature control, which allows you to set the appliance anywhere from 170 degrees Fahrenheit up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has three different settings which allow you to choose how long the food cooks once you hit start on the power button!
You can select between one minute, two minutes, or three minutes depending on what type of dish you are preparing. If you want to know more models like Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360, you may want to have a look at the Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer review post.
Basic information about How to use Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer
Basic information is very necessary for discovering how to use Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer because it will help you to protect yourself and your family. Below is the information that you need before using the Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360.
Most people are uncertain about how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer, but with some safety guidelines, this kitchen appliance can be used safely and effectively. The following guide is important safety cautions when using an air fryer. Safety precautions when using Emeril air fryer:
- Do not touch the hot metal exterior of the unit, do not use a wet towel on the surface of the unit. In order to avoid accidents while cooking with the air fryer comes with a special handle, so it’s very safe for you to put your hands there without getting hurt by high temperatures.
- Do not store any liquid in an air fryer and keep it away from children always. It can burn or heat up due to heating element during operation, therefore, can cause fire accident to happen if kids play around it frequently even though they know better. Once liquid contacts with the heating element it will be get burned instantly and get evaporated.
- Do not use a salt solution on the surface of your air fryer, which can cause material damages on its surface effectively. Treat it like any other household machine do. It’s a good idea to give some oil on the surface after cleaning if you want it more shiny and new looking.
- After cooking for a while if you find out there are water drops inside, please be aware of this condition so as not to damage your unit due to heating elements or electric heating elements in contact with water during operation time cause harm effectively. Please wipe dry any excess food ingredients on the exterior first before using it again in order to avoid accidents happening again.
- You could use the air fryer for about 15 minutes after you turn it on before putting any food inside, so this time is enough to get the heating elements to get to their right temperature and prevent them from overheating effectively.
- It’s a good idea to check whether there are water drops during operation time or not if you find out that, then stop using it immediately and contact your seller in order to avoid electric shock due to water evaporates into its gas form during the overheating process.
- Please refer to the manual carefully about how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer safely before cooking anything. Overheating can cause unexpected accidents to happen again while using it even though you know better because of less experience with this electric appliance.
- Never put your air fryer into the dishwasher even though it is water-resistant after cooking. It’s a good idea to wipe down the unit with a wet towel if you want to clean it quickly but please do not put it directly underwater for more than 1 minute.
Because the heating element can be burned easily during operation time and cause accidents to happen again. If you want to use the dishwasher for your air fryer then please look at the manual first about washing instructions.
- Never leave children alone with an air fryer because its digital clock can be pressed accidentally, that can burn or steam up food instantly without any warning sound while they are playing around the machine what are they are not aware of it correctly.
- If you want to adjust the temperature or time setting inside the air fryer during cooking, please be careful about this method because the digital clock can be changed accidentally too although its lock button has been turned on what you should not press any buttons until your food is ready for serving.
- Never place the air fryer directly under sunlight, which will cause material damages on its surface effectively. Please put it in a shady area or cover it with some wood boards before placing it there due to suns heat will make the heating element gets up to high temperature which can cause accidents to happen.
- Once you have finished using your air fryer, firstly turn off the switch located at the back of the machine then lift up its plug out from the power socket. Never pull its cords during operation time no matter how strong you are because that can damage cords or heating elements inside it effectively.
If you want to keep your air fryer for further use within several days then please clean it thoroughly first before placing food inside due to dust and spider webs will reduce its capacity to generate hot air timely if they are left untreated.
That is all about precaution before going for how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer. During usage of the air fryer, some customers encounter the too-much-heating problem. Below are possible reasons for this happening:
- There is no food inside the machine
- Food has been overcooked or burnt
- Some chemical like a salt solution has been used during the cleaning process
- No oil or too little oil is added while cooking. Please make sure to add some oil to the bottom of the air fryer basket before placing food into it in a healthier way.
- A power outage happened while using the air fryer, which can cause the overheating issue, as well as a burning smell, which appears on the surface after powering on again.
- Your air fryer has been turned on for a very long time, that can cause overheating problem too as well as making an unusual noise.
- Please try to check out if your cords or heating element need replacement by professional people because that can be the reason why you find out the machine getting hotter than usual when in use. If you are not sure about it, please contact the service center for further information about caring instruction.
- There is oil splashing over the machine during cooking time, that can cause machine becomes hot really quick due to fire hazard in most case.
- Please let the machine cool down completely before storing it.
- At last but not least, always unplug the air fryer after using it if not in use because overheating is possibly happening. Always keep away from small children when in use for avoiding danger accidents happen again while cooking.
Setting Up Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 for the First Time
If this is your first time with Emeril Air Fryer, you should read this part before figuring out how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer in the next one.
- The air fryer will come partially charged out of the box, which means that you can test it right away without waiting for a full charge. To complete the initial setup and begin cooking immediately:
- Place two skewers into the slots in the center of the fryer basket stand to elevate your food for better airflow.
- Remove the cap from the oil cup and add enough oil up to the maximum fill line inside the fryer bowl. Replace the cap onto the oil cup securely to avoid leaks while cooking. Set aside once filled with oil.
- Insert the power cord fully into the base until it clicks into place and plugs into a standard wall outlet or surge protector, then turn on your Power Air Fryer 360.
- Once your Power Air Fryer 360 is powered on and preheated, you will need to wait for the power button to turn solid blue and begin flashing before adding food. You can confirm that it is ready by doing two things:
- First, press the center of the power button once, which will illuminate a white light around the power button as well as show the remaining time for your current cooking cycle in either minutes or seconds remaining.
You can alternate pressing the center of the power button until this happens – do not hold down – release immediately after one press.
- Second, check that the small light under “Ready” is illuminated with a solid green color. Note that this is not the same as the “Preheat” light, which will remain red throughout most of the preheating process (and then turn off once ready).
- First, press the center of the power button once, which will illuminate a white light around the power button as well as show the remaining time for your current cooking cycle in either minutes or seconds remaining.
- If all fails, unplug Airfryer and plug it back in to reset the connection between the fryer and power outlet. If you are still experiencing issues, please call the customer service team.
- Now that your Power Air Fryer 360 is prepared for cooking, you can either press “Cancel”/”Off” on the appliance to power off, or simply press and release the center of the power button at any time while cooking to stop a cycle in progress.
How to Use Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer
The following are the general steps for how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer:
- Step 1: Place food in the Fry Basket, bowl or pan that has been coated with cooking oil.
- Step 2: Place the Fry Basket into the Air Fryer. Close the Cover and set it to the Temperature Setting indicated for your type of food. Foods that are thick will take longer to cook than foods that are thin or cut into similar shapes.
They’ll also require more time at higher temperatures due to their mass blocking heat from reaching all areas of them so be sure they are done before eating by checking internal temperatures with an accurate thermometer inserted deep into center of the thickest part being careful not to hit bone if using white meat poultry.
- Step 3: When preheated, the oven will sound a tone and display “On”. Your set time will begin to count down. When the cooking time is up, the alarm of the oven will beep and the oven display will show “End”.
Carefully turn the food over halfway through the cooking process, if applicable. You may need to rotate your Air Fryer’s pan or basket during cooking for even results.
- Step 4: Remove the cooked food from the Air Fryer by carefully lifting it out of the fry basket with tongs so you don’t burn yourself on hot oil if using fried foods.
If your food didn’t come out exactly as you’d hoped, let it cool at least 10 minutes before eating so it doesn’t burn your mouth on hot food. Now enjoy your perfectly cooked meal!
Tips for How to Use Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer when cooking
If you want to learn how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer efficiently when cooking, read the following tips. The Emeril is very simple and easy to use! Of course, there are also some tips for using the air fryer that can be useful when you cook with it. Here are tips for cooking in an air fryer:
- Stick with frozen fries. Soak fresh potatoes before frying them in an air fryer? Never! With just under two minutes of pre-frying time per kilogram (it takes eight minutes at 180°C), they should not be soaked at all.
Even if you soak them first, they will still be “raw” in the middle when they come out. If you want to eat fries, stick with frozen fries and preheat the fryer for five minutes before cooking them.
- Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise before putting it in an air fryer? No! Doing so will keep the flower closed because of the pressure inside the machine during frying.
Spaghetti squash can expand by up to 50 percent when fried, and if you cut it open during cooking, the inner walls will give way and collapse under pressure. Spaghetti squash should be cut into horizontal slices after its cavity is filled with oil.
- Mix your vegetables while frying them for a few seconds? Yes! Panfry vegetables like mushrooms or onions while frying steak. Panfry the steaks first on one side, then flip them over and panfry on the other side before adding the vegetables to cook for a little bit until they are done. Then, you can serve the whole dish at once.
- Put your oil in an air fryer? Never! Oil should be added just before frying because condensation inside the machine will cause it to sputter soon after contact with hot food, making a mess of your appliances and kitchen countertop or stovetop. This tips on how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer will help you stay healthy.
Also, you do not want extra moisture in oil as it is heated above its smoke point (which is about 210°C). To prevent sputtering oil when using an air fryer without condensation occurring, pour only two teaspoons of oil into the pan.
- The 3-in-1 Frying Basket is used to simultaneously fry three foods at once? Not exactly! Three foods can be fried in one air fryer, but you should note that the basket’s capacity is only 1 liter (enough for small quantities). If you need to cook more food or bigger portions, use two baskets instead; they are stackable and take up less space in your dishwasher.
- Turn on your air fryer while waiting for condensation to evaporate before cooking with it? No way! It will cause problems like sputtering oil if you do so because of the moist environment inside the machine during cooling down – it’ll end up making a mess inside.
Always wait for at least 10 minutes before cooking with an air fryer after it has been used, to allow all excess water to evaporate.
- Use the basket handle for removing the basket from an air fryer? Never! You should always use oven mitts or potholders when handling anything in your Emeril air fryer because they get hot – very hot. Do not ever try to use kitchen utensils like tongs, forks, knives, etc., to lift out food without oven mitts.
You’ll end up burning yourself and making a mess of the food by squeezing it against the basket’s sides while trying to pick it up with inappropriate utensils that do not fit into the basket.
- Toss food in an air fryer? No way! Air fryers are meant to be used for frying or panfrying, so you should never mix your food while cooking it with this appliance.
This will affect the outcome of your dish, resulting in soggy/undercooked/overcooked foods because tossing them can break down their natural structure. Food should be turned only once during frying without being shaken or stirred around.
- You need to fry fish fillets that are smelt-sized before putting them into an air fryer? Not exactly! Any size of fish fillet can be fried in an Emeril air fryer.
You just have to adjust the cooking time accordingly depending on their thickness. Covering the basket with a lid will also help cook them faster, and use the “seafood” or “fish” setting if available on your air fryer.
- Using an oven mitt when removing hot foods from an air fryer is better than using tongs? Yes! When removing anything (even cooked meat) from the air fryer, it’s best to use oven mitts instead of tongs or similar kitchen utensils because they get very hot.
You could end up burning yourself after touching their metal handles. That’s why reading tips for how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer before cooking is very necessary for your safety. Oven mitts are not only safer but also more convenient to use for this purpose – you can grip onto other things while picking food out of the machine without looking away.
- You can make crispy skin-on chicken in an air fryer by removing the skin before cooking it? No way! The main reason for having crispy chicken skin is to retain moisture inside the meat when cooking, so removing its skin beforehand will result in dry meat anyway even if you cook with high heat or for a long time.
The dish will end up being inedible. If you want to cook with crispy chicken skin, remove fat from the poultry then brine and dry-rub them thrice before cooking them in the air fryer at 230°C (446°F) for 30 minutes per kg (2 lbs).
- Air fries work well-withamed vegetables? Not exactly! While you can air fry vegetables such as potatoes and sweet potatoes, the results do not compare to deep frying because they tend to dry out easily in an Emeril air fryer. Try combining stir-frying or steaming your chosen vegetables instead if you want them softer with a better crunchy outside texture.
- An air fryer is able to make the same foods that a deep fryer does? Not exactly! Air frying cannot produce oil-fried foods with the same level of crispness that deep-frying gives because it doesn’t use any fat when cooking.
You also need much less oil for this type of appliance – they are healthier alternatives to traditional methods of cooking since they don’t completely submerge food inside the hot oil.
- You can service your air fryer immediately after cooking? No way! Wait for at least 10 minutes before removing the food from its basket to allow excess moisture to evaporate, then transfer it into your dish.
This will help you avoid making a mess when serving food because it’ll be easier to pick up without squishing them together – plus you won’t need to fish for them with tongs in oil-stained water (if you use an Emeril air fryer).
- An air fryer isn’t good for frying or panfrying meat in gravy? Not exactly! Air frying simply means using hot circulating air to cook foods instead of submerging them in oil as deep frying does. That’s why anything that is panfried or deep-fried in gravy can be air fried afterwards!
Just remember to use the lid and set your machine at a relatively low temperature (to avoid splattering) before placing meat onto its basket.
- You need to cook food for the same time as you would using other types of cooking appliances? Not exactly! During frying, foods should always be placed inside an air fryer away from each other (but not overcrowded) because they need space between them to properly heat up and cook.
If packed together, they will end up steaming instead of frying. As such, you should adjust your cooking times accordingly by multiplying around 1 hour by around 2/3 depending on their thickness and size so it comes out just right! This tips on how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer will help you to cook efficiently.
- You can use an air fryer to deep fry? Not exactly! Air frying is simply the act of making food crispy by using hot circulating air instead of submerging them in oil like deep frying does. That’s why you cannot deep fry with this type of cooking device, but everything else is possible so long as there’s enough space between each piece for heat circulation.
- The basket inside your Emeril air fryer is dishwasher-safe? Yes! The inner basket and lid are both easy to clean, so they won’t take up too much time when doing dishes by hand or putting them into the dishwasher – it’ll only cost 10 minutes per load.
Just be sure to wipe the bottom of the basket with a damp cloth before placing it into your dishwasher because food residue may get stuck on it.
- You can use an air fryer in combination with other kitchen appliances? Yes! As mentioned above, you can combine cooking methods if you need to give dishes extra flavor or texture by using an Emeril AIR FRYER at the same time you are steaming, microwaving or stir-frying them.
Just make sure they are labelled safe for microwave/stir-fry use first (and that there is enough space between each piece).
- Air frying has no limits when it comes to your favorite recipes? No way! That’s why I recommend that you experiment by using your air fryer to cook all kinds of recipes – whether you like panfrying, deep frying or other cooking methods like baking or grilling.
You’ll find that there are only so many foods that can be cooked this way because oil isn’t involved (so seafood and certain vegetables cannot be used), but the possibilities are endless anyway!
FAQs about How to Use Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer
Besides the common question of how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer, there are also lots of other questions that related.
Do you have to preheat the Emeril air fryer?
No, according to the manual of the Emeril air fryer, you have to press the “On/Off” button and turn on the power. Then you can put in your food. The air fryer will automatically heat up before popping out warm air that makes sure that the food is cooked thoroughly from both inside and outside.
What can I cook in my Emeril air fryer?
You can cook many types of food in your Emeril air fryer. Here are some examples:
- French fries
- Fried chicken
- Buffalo wings
- Breaded chicken tenders
- Fried rice
Can you bake a cake in the Emeril air fryer?
Yes, you can! The key is to use a cake mix with oil and eggs already in it. Most cake mixes have these items already in the box, but if there are no clues on the back of your box checklist before baking, add 1/4 cup of oil and two large eggs just like you would when baking a regular cake in an oven.
Bake for 40 minutes using the bake preset or until cooked all the way through. Use caution when removing from the air fryer since the pan will be very hot. Let cool before frosting. Read the tips and precautions on how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer before using it. Enjoy!
What should I look for when buying an air fryer?
When buying an air fryer, first look at the size. If you have a large family or entertain often, opt for a larger unit. If it’s just you and your significant other cooking daily meals, a smaller one will suffice. Another consideration is how many people the appliance can serve simultaneously.
If it has a higher capacity, more people may be able to use it at the same time. Additionally, take into account what types of foods you plan on cooking most often. A useful air fryer should handle all sorts of food preparation tasks quickly and efficiently.
What are some benefits of owning an air fryer?
The biggest benefit is that they cook fast – up to 3 times faster than traditional frying! All this without any frying oil. And because they require little to no oil, the food retains its natural flavors and nutrients (no added fats or preservatives).
How much should I expect to pay for an air fryer?
It’s possible to find good deals starting at around $80.00, though it’s wise to look into products that offer different functions beyond basic frying (such as grilling, baking, roasting). Other benefits include easier cleanup and non-clogging fans. The more expensive units are generally of a higher quality and will last a long time if properly taken care of.
How to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer to cook food
After figuring out how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer, if you still do not have any ideas about what to cook, check the two recipes below.
Frozen Hash Browns in Air Fryer
The other day I was craving some hash browns but didn’t want to spend the time frying them. I remembered seeing somewhere where you could cook hash browns in the air fryer. They were fantastic!
These are so easy and so delicious all crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! They taste just like real oven-roasted potatoes, trust me! If you want to know what to do with your eyes when someone describes their recipe as “so easy” or “trust me”, read further. It is not that hard. Now, I will show you how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer to cook this dish.
- 2 lbs (32 oz) bag of frozen Southern-style shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of oil (olive oil, canola oil or vegetable oil)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Step 1: Add potatoes to the air fryer basket, spread them out into an even layer. Air fry for 15 minutes at 415°F/218°C. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack over it (preferably cast iron). Once cooked, transfer the hash browns to the wire rack.
The goal is to get rid of any excess oil by letting it drip down onto the prepared baking sheet. Let them sit for about 10 minutes before serving. They should be golden brown on all sides and crispy.
Optional: If you like extra crispy hash browns (like I do) then feel free to give them another light spray of non-stick cooking spray and let them air fry for another 3-5 minutes.
- Step 2: Serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve. You can also store the hash browns in aluminum foil once they have cooled down. Simply reheat them at 400°F/204°C for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillets
Frozen fish fillets are an easy way to enjoy a healthy meal even when you’re in a hurry. This air fryer frozen fish fillets recipe is quick and easy, requiring no thawing of the fillets before using them in the air fryer. Below is how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer to make this recipe.
- 6 frozen breaded fish fillets (about 6 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Arrange Frozen Fish Fillets on Air Fryer Basket with Slotted Turner or Colander
- Insert allowing space between each fillet for heat circulation
- Cook at 370°F for 15 minutes until golden brown and crispy, turning over once halfway through cooking time
- Alternatively, cook for 12 minutes until golden brown and crispy, turning over once halfway through cooking time
- I like to use tongs or oven mitts to turn the fish over in the air fryer for this recipe because the metal skewers tend to bend when they get stuck on frozen breaded coating. Oven mitts do get very hot while cooking in an air fryer, so use caution when handling them after removing the basket from the unit without gloves.
- When I cook these fillets in my air fryer, I spray the pan with non-stick baking spray prior to adding them for easier cleanup afterward. Also, it helps to flip them halfway through cooking using two spoons for best results.
Final Thought about How to Use Emeril Lagasse Air Fryer
That wraps up my blog post on how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer. I hope you’ve found it helpful and I look forward to your comments below! The preheat button should be pressed before adding any ingredients and only add one ingredient at a time so they can cook evenly without being crowded near each other.
It’s also important that all of the components are washed after every use with warm water and soap then dried thoroughly according to manufacturer instructions. If you are looking for some air fryer recipes after discovering how to use Emeril Lagasse air fryer, please have a look at my favorite recipes.