Tips and Guides on How To Use Cosori Air Fryer in 2022
Are you seeking information on How To Use Cosori Air Fryer Max XL 5.8 QT? If yes, look no further! We have got all what you want. We are happy to have your visit on our website.
Hello friends! Do you love fried food? I know it is loved by everyone, but nowadays more people tend towards healthy eating which is best for health. So what if you still want to eat some deep-fried food without guilt? With an air fryer, you can easily make the same yummy dishes at home too with less oil or none of it.
Air frying uses little or no oil while cooking. If you are new then don’t worry because today we will tell you all about air fryers in this article. For How To Use Cosori Air Fryer keep reading until the end, please!
Nowadays more and more people prefer using a cooker than gas stoves due to less time and safer cooking. I was using a cooker for years but recently got an air fryer which is just amazing! Air Fryers are great small kitchen appliances that help you in healthy eating. But not everyone know how to use Cosori air fryer
The air fryer also comes with lots of options which makes it more user-friendly as well as saves more time for us women. Before discussing How To Use Cosori Air Fryer, let’s figure out more about Air Fryers.
What is an Air Fryer?
Air Fryer is a small kitchen appliance that allows you to fry food in just one tablespoon of oil. It combines the best features of an oven, grill and deep fryer without all the hassle. It is way faster than the oven because it uses the hot air circulating around your food at high speed which speeds up cooking time.
So for How To Use Cosori Air Fryer, it would be quite easy for you if you follow our instructions carefully.
Air frying reduces calorie intake by 80% so say goodbye to guilt when eating fried food! Moreover, unlike other traditional appliances, it doesn’t heat up your kitchen thus saving more energy and giving you quick results too! The non-stick coating makes cleaning easier while preventing any kind of smell or residue from remaining on the surface of your appliance.
The air fryer works by circulating the hot air around the food at a speed of 200 mph. The heating element can reach up to 200 degrees which is pretty hot and hence cooks food fast too! So while cooking, make sure not to burn your fingers due to high temperature or else your fingers will get burnt.
Cosori Max XL 5.8 QT Air Fryer
This Air Fryer is the perfect gift for friends and family – it maximizes efficiency and minimizes consumption without sacrificing deliciousness. With 5.8-quart square baskets that can fit a whole chicken, Cosori’s Air Fryer is perfect for cooking any meal for 3-5 people in one go.
The spacious design of this air fryer ensures that even fragile ingredients like potatoes will cook evenly without breaking down into mushy pieces. This heavily empowering kitchen accessory features 13 cooking functions, 11 presets, and a 360° rapid air circulation system to allow users easy cooking methods without too much oil consumption.
Cleaning this air fryer is a breeze thanks to the non-stick and dishwasher-safe basket. It’s time you make the switch with this air fryer today! If you want to know more air fryer models from this brand, you can check this Best Cosori Air Fryer review blog. Keep reading to know how to use Cosori air fryer.
- Nonstick, dishwasher safe baskets
- Include 100 original recipes
- Easy to use and produces crispy results in less time than normal
- Large enough for a family of five
- Say goodbye to messy frying pans and greasy fingers
- Easy to clean
- Don’t heat the kitchen up
- Recipe with pictures make it easy to follow
- Auto shut off when removing the basket
- Great customer services
- It may take up more cooking space than you think
Basic information about How to use Cosori Air Fryer
It is very important to know how to use Cosori Air Fryer because it will help you cook more easily and maintain the product properly. In order to get the best out of it, here is the basic information before using the Air Fryer.
Important Safeguards for How to Use Cosori Air Fryer
The following are important safety precautions you have to take before using your air fryer.
Firstly, do not use it near water or in areas with high moisture levels. This will cause the unit to electrocute you.
Secondly, never immerse the appliance in water or dishwater for cleaning. If any oil spills inside the air fryer basket after cooking, wipe it off with a dry cloth or paper towel. You can also rinse and wipe the tank and basket with a damp cloth but make sure they are completely dry before plugging them back into the power supply.
Thirdly, wait until the cord and other connected parts of the air fryer device cool down before touching them as they may be too hot to handle at first.
Fourth, do not use it on flammable surfaces like kitchen rugs or carpets. This may cause the unit to overheat and cut power abruptly.
Fifth, you should always unplug your appliance after use even if there is no apparent damage to the cord or internal parts of air fryer equipment. Remember, plugging in the air fryer while wet can result in electrocution so ensure that any small spills are dried before connecting them to the power outlet.
Lastly, never attempt to repair or disassemble the air fryer yourself as this will void your warranty. Contact an authorized service center instead for all repairs and servicing.
Setting Up Cosori Air Fryer Max XL 5.8 QT for the First Time
Before figuring out how to use Cosori Air Fryer Max XL, you should read this on to know these set-up steps if this is your first time buying an air fryer. For safety reasons, please do not plug in the appliance until you have done all of these steps.
Step 1: Unpack the air fryer and remove any accessories
Step 2: Find a dry, level surface to place your appliance on
This is the second step on setting up before how to use Cosori air fryer. Please ensure there is enough space around the base for proper airflow. Do not place on top of kitchen cabinets or other appliances. Ensure that the power cord does not get bent or crimped by surrounding counter edges or chairs when seated at this countertop.
If using an island, make sure to allow room behind where you intend to place it so that steam can escape properly while cooking. If possible, find a lower counter which allows for easier access to the container below (which is where the non-stick pan will be placed).
Step 3: Place the fryer on top of the lower countertop or cabinet
Place far away from your range or other cooking appliances to ensure proper air circulation. For safety reasons, it is recommended that you do not plug in your fryer until you have completed all of these steps.
Please place where children cannot reach easily, especially while this appliance is plugged in, hot and cooking. Children should always be supervised while using an air fryer. The cord should only be handled by a responsible adult when unplugging, moving or cleaning.
Do not touch the heating element at any time during use with bare hands! Use pot holders when removing containers/baskets for food removal and return.
Do not place on or under a heat-sensitive surface, and do not use it in direct sunlight. This appliance gets hot while cooking and may cause damage to items directly underneath it, so please allow adequate space around the device for proper ventilation.
If you don’t read this before how to use Cosori air fryer, you may harm your house. Do not use near flammable materials such as curtains, towels, paper, or plastics.
Step 4: Plug into the outlet with an extension cord if needed
Only plug your fryer into an outlet that has enough power to handle this type of appliance. For safety reasons, you should unplug your fryer when handling the power cord. Make sure that it is in a location where no one will trip over the cord when walking past it. If using an extension cord with your fryer, make sure that it is under 10 amps.
If you are planning to use your fryer outside regularly, consider purchasing a heavy-duty power cord appropriate for the distance between the outlet and your appliance. Please be aware that using an excessively long or undersized air fryer cord can result in serious injury from electrical shock if the cord becomes damaged for any reason during cooking.
Step 5: Remove all packaging materials from your new Air Fryer
Ensure that no tape remains on food racks or around the housing of the device before plugging into the outlet. This includes any labels which have come off of the front control panel. Ensure all protective plastic sheeting has been removed from the motorized base.
Remove any gaskets, stickers, or labels from the heating element area and surrounding plastic housing. Ensure that there are no foreign objects in this area that could be exposed to heat during cooking.
Step 6: Wash all removable parts
Rinse off a non-stick pan with water after use to remove any starch or oil dust. Dish soap can be used if required. Rinse well and dry with a towel before storing away for next use. Before reading how to use Cosori air fryer you should take this step because you need to wash everything before using it for the first time.
Do not immerse the pan in soapy water as it will damage both the pan and electrical components beneath it. Please be aware that certain foods may stick to this pan more than others despite using cooking spray or oil – please follow the care instructions included in the package carefully!
Air Fryer accessories should be cleaned regularly to ensure they remain in good condition.
Step 7: Check for foreign objects or debris inside of air fryer
Use a flashlight if needed to look around the non-stick pan and any other parts that have been removed from the unit before first use. Remove any dust, crumbs, seeds, lint or other items stuck on these components by using a toothpick or paperclip.
Ensure there are no loose screws, metal shavings or sharp edges which could injure you during use – check especially around the cord storage area on the underside of the device (wireless models) as well as where the handle attaches to the heating element (wired models).
Please note that small pieces of food may become lodged in any crevices or holes where metal meets plastic. This is an important part before going to how to use Cosori air fryer because it will help you to protect your appliance.
Check around the area where the air is drawn into the device for any food or other items that may have become lodged there, or in other areas where foreign objects can be removed easily (non-stick pan lid).
Step 8: Fill the Air Fryer with water
Fill the container with water to its maximum fill line to determine an accurate weight for your fryer. This number should appear on the bottom of the unit and will either be stamped onto metal housing (wired models) or printed directly onto plastic (wireless models).
This information must then be entered into the manufacturer’s website using the form located here to access warranty registration for this device. Ensure that you are entering all requested information correctly before submitting – any mistakes may result in 30 days being subtracted from your warranty period!
Step 9: Place air fryer on a flat, level surface
Please ensure that this appliance is placed on a flat, even surface with enough room around it for ventilation. Do not place beneath cabinets or shelves where they may become wet or damaged by splashing oil during cooking.
Allow 5 inches of space between the back of the Air Fryer and any nearby wall to prevent overheating due to build-up of dust over time which can cause fires – additional space should also be provided behind the front panel so the handle may be easily gripped during transportation.
Ensure the device is placed far away from heat sources such as radiators, large windows where sunlight enters through glass panes (esp. during summer months) and heaters. It is not recommended to use this appliance in bathrooms or any other location which will be exposed to excessive humidity.
Step 10: Final cleaning of the Air Fryer
After your air fryer has been used, please ensure that all parts have been properly cleaned before storing away for the next day’s use.
All removable non-stick pans should be polished with a dry cloth after each wash before being placed back into the device – a light coating of oil spray may help this process along if food items tend to stick to the pan, but this is entirely optional and not necessary unless specified for a specific recipe.
The outside housing can also be wiped down with a damp cloth followed by a dry cloth as needed, while the handle and bottom panel may be wiped down as necessary with a damp cloth or moist wipe.
Any excess oil or grease on these removable parts can attract dust and dirt, so please ensure that they are cleaned regularly to maintain the outside appearance of your fryer.
Step 11: Store away for next use
After all, steps have been completed, place the Air Fryer in a safe location where it will not become damaged or cause injury to you or others due to falling off an unstable surface.
Store inside of the box if available, ensuring that it is covered completely by a plastic sheet before placing top containing handles back onto the bottom pan – this will prevent movement of the unit during transit via aeroplane, train, boat etc which could result in damage.
Please use original packaging if available as this will help minimize movement of fryer during transit.
After finishing these set-up steps, read on to discover how to use Cosori Air Fryer.
How to Use Cosori Air Fryer Max XL 5.8 QT
The first step of how to use Cosori air fryer is to check if the power cable of the air fryer is free from damage and ensure that the plug fits securely into a working power outlet. Plugin your Air fryer – it will take about 90 seconds for the unit to preheat.
Wash all parts of the air fryer equipment with soapy water and dry them before use. Using an Air Fryer basket for cooking rather than leaving food to float in its own juice can reduce your intake of added oils or fats by up to 80 percent without compromising taste or texture.
Next, cut all food items you intend on frying into uniform pieces as they will cook evenly at the same time as opposed to irregularly shaped chunks which may require some pieces to be undercooked while others will burn or overcook.
Finally, place food into the basket and close the lid to begin cooking. When it is ready, you will hear a sound alerting you that your food is done. Open the air fryer lid, take out your delicious meal and enjoy!
Tips for How to Use Cosori Air Fryer
Knowing tips for how to use Cosori air fryer will help you save more time and it also ensures your safety. Here are some tips:
1) Do not overload the basket: This means don’t put too many pieces of food in at one time. Just like cooking on a stovetop where too much food will make things take longer and probably not crisp up; this is the same thing with the air fry.
It does take a while for the machine to heat up and the spinning basket has a limit as to how much it can hold. The same goes for too many different kinds of food at one time. For example, adding potatoes with other vegetables won’t crisp up evenly.
2) Do not stand directly under the fryer: When you first start out using your air fryer, just like anything else new it’s best if you stand back until you get used to the noise level and such.
This is especially true for this type of machine because if it drops or spills something on the floor underneath – good luck – I think your best option would be to vacuum but don’t quote me on that! Just do yourself a favour and stand back until you know what all those sounds are!
3) Do not cover the fryer basket while air frying: I was always taught to keep an eye on things while cooking, but with this machine, you actually want the opposite. If you put something over the top of it while cooking, especially on high heat or using oil, it will cause a fire or build up smoke in your kitchen. Just don’t do it unless you are trying to burn down your house!
4) Read the instruction booklet to know how to use Cosori air fryer properly: Air fryers are not all made the same, so read the manual carefully before operating. For example, some have temperature controls that must be properly set for best results, and others have automatic shutoffs if they get too hot or start to run out of water in the reservoir.
5) Do not use appliances for other than intended uses. The Air Fryer is strictly for cooking food with very little or no oil. It cannot be used to deep fry foods, stir fry, saute or brown your food in any way. You can roast or bake dehydrated items in it just fine, but don’t try to do anything with liquid in the machine! There are appliances specifically made to cook things like that.
6) Use compatible parts/accessories: As far as that goes, the only thing you should use this for is cooking food that is naturally low in fat and calories or has been prepared using no oil. You can also cook healthy desserts once you learn how to make them properly, but again – do not use oil or butter.
7) Do not place hot containers on the countertop: It is common sense, but you would be surprised at the number of people who ask me if it’s okay to just put their “hot” container right on my counter. If something is too hot to touch with your bare hands, don’t do it! My favorite pot holders are the silicone type that grips better than cloth ones.
You can buy them anywhere now and they are really cheap compared to what they used to cost. Most kitchen supply stores will have a variety of these as well as other types for many uses so pick some up when you get your Fryer!
8) Don’t leave appliance ended: This applies especially during the first few uses of your air fryer. Do not walk away and leave it unattended until you know what the sounds mean and how long things take to cook! Also, some models (like mine) start beeping after a set amount of time if left on.
Since I am always getting sidetracked while cooking; this is VERY important for me! It’s better to be safe than sorry. Use common sense and you’ll learn pretty quickly how long things take in your fryer.
9) Never immerse cord, plug or appliance in water: This is one of the most important tips for how to use Cosori Air Fryer. If anything gets burned onto the non-stick coating, just let it cool completely before cleaning. Then use a soft sponge and dishwashing liquid with warm water.
You can also use a cleaning spray if you’d like and the manual will tell you what to use. Never, ever immerse your cord, plug or appliance in water – not even for a second – because it could cause an electric shock.
10) Keep appliances away from flammable items: This is pretty much common sense but I do know quite a few people who don’t think about things like this! By all means keep flammable items such as towels and other kitchen utensils AWAY from the fryer during cooking…as well as anything that can catch fire easily such as curtains, paper etc…
I would hate to see anyone go through what we did when we first got our Fryer because of something like this! We got ours set up on the kitchen island and I had too many things hanging there. The cord went under one of them and caught fire. It was truly a very scary moment but everyone was okay in the end!
11) Disconnect the fryer when not in use: Before cleaning, unplug your air fryer and allow it to cool completely. Then wipe down with a damp cloth or sponge. Never immerse the appliance in water, nor put any part of the unit into the water while plugged in.
If you notice anything wrong with your machine (i.e., smoke, smells, etc), unplug immediately and contact the manufacturer for service.
12) Do not set appliances on top of other appliances: Make sure they are one inch away from each other so air can circulate between them. This is especially important for hot plates as they create quite a bit of heat.
13) Keep cord out of traffic areas: This goes along with #10 above; obviously! Never, ever tuck your cord under carpeting or behind furniture. If the cord is pulled taut, it could cause damage to both your appliance and/or power source. You must maintain at least 10″ clearance all around for airflow.
14) Keep small children out of your way when using Fryer: Children should not be in or around the place where you are cooking. This goes for pets as well! You should not teach them how to use Cosori air fryer because it is really unsafe. And NEVER try to catch anything if it falls in there!
Trust me, I saw someone do this on YouTube and it was very scary! Your appliance can also malfunction causing hot steam to come out so make sure you keep kids, pets and all flammable materials away from your fryer at all times…just to be safe!
FAQs about How to Use Cosori Air Fryer
Besides the question about how to use Cosori air fryer, there are also many common related questions.
Should I run my air fryer before first use?
No, please do not run your air fryer before first use. An air fryer is a sealed system so the only time the air inside should be turned on is during cooking.
Do you have to clean air fryer after every use?
Yes, you do have to clean your air fryer after every use. When you are removing it from the pot, don’t forget to remove the rack as well. Just running some warm water inside of it is not enough. You have to be sure that you are washing away all of the oil and food particles so that they don’t get caked on the machine.
These can cause a malfunction of your machine or actually corrode it if left long enough. If you follow our guide for cleaning an air fryer, then this shouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes of your time depending on how dirty the appliance is.
Can you put something frozen in an air fryer?
Yes, you can, but I wouldn’t recommend it! An air fryer heats food with hot air which is circulated around the cooking chamber via a fan. This means that if you want to use an item in your air fryer, the item needs to be able to withstand both hot and cold temperatures. This may not be a problem for you if all you plan on using your air fryer for is heating up pre-cooked foods like french fries or chicken nuggets.
But if you’d like to do more with your machine such as cook from scratch, you will not want to put it in an air fryer because putting something frozen in an air fryer will not get hot enough to kill the bacteria on the outside of the food. It may allow all of the surface water to evaporate, but this will also be true of a regular oven. So again, I wouldn’t recommend it for safety reasons.
What are the best frozen foods to cook in an air fryer?
Although put something frozen in an air fryer is not a good idea, there is still frozen precooked foods that work well with an air fryer. Here are some:
- Frozen popcorn
- Frozen chicken nuggets
- Frozen french fries
- Frozen waffles
- Frozen chicken tenders
- Frozen mozzarella sticks
- Frozen pizza
- Frozen vegetables
Recipes for your Cosori Air Fryer
Of course that you are figuring how to use Cosori Air Fryer in order to cook some food for you and your family. Here are my two favorite air fryer recipes that you may have a look at in case you haven’t chosen any yet.
Curly Fries in Air Fryer
Ingredients for Curly Fries in Air Fryer recipe
- 1 large potato, washed and dried with skin on (peeling is optional)
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- How to use Cosori air fryer to make this recipe is as easy as a piece of cake. Cut the potato into long thin strips. The thinner the potatoes are cut, the crispier they’ll be. Aim for matchsticks or thinly sliced rounds about 1/16th of an inch thick. If you have a mandolin slicer this will go much faster! It helps to place between damp paper towels so they don’t stick to the cutting board.
- In a large bowl, add 1-2 tbsp of your favorite cooking oil, salt and pepper to taste. Toss the potato strips in the seasoning until evenly coated. Let it stand for 5 minutes so that potatoes can absorb the seasonings and the oil will prevent them from sticking together when you throw them into the air fryer basket.
- Place a couple of spoonfuls into your preheated air fryer basket at 400F for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from pan and toss with a spatula then add back to fan for another 3-5 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached. Repeat the process for the remaining fries in batches if necessary. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Frozen Chicken Thighs in Air Fryer
- 2 pounds of frozen chicken thighs
- Salt and black ground pepper
- Paprika powder (or turmeric powder)
- Below is how to use Cosori air fryer to cook the frozen chicken thighs. Fisrt, we begin with the fact that we need to take the chicken out from the fridge for about 30-45 minutes before cooking it so it will get closer to room temperature. In this way, the chicken will be cooked evenly both inside and outside.
- When taking your thighs from the package, don’t forget to cut away any ties or whatsoever they might have been attached to them with. Then place them in a bowl and season them properly by adding salt, ground black pepper and paprika. Make sure you mix everything thoroughly all pieces are evenly seasoned on all sides.
- When the seasoning is done get your frying pan or skillet ready, non-stick works best here, get it hot on high flame and add olive oil to the bottom of it so when you place the chicken in, later on, they will have something to stick to.
- Place all pieces into the hot pan/skillet skin side down first then turn them over after about a minute or two, depending on how thick are your thighs.
- Remember that if you’re cooking frozen meat everything will take more time than usual because you need to heat up everything inside of it first before the outside starts crisping up, unlike fresh meat where you can cook skin side for longer without having raw meat inside because of the high temperature needed right from start.
- Now that the first side is crisp and golden brown, turn the thighs over to cook on another side. If your oil dries up you can always add more but only after the skin starts to become crispy, don’t pour it over before or you will lose all those flavors which are now sticking to the bottom of your pan/skillet.
- And if you want to be extra careful about it just line your pan with aluminum foil this way nothing sticks even if there is no oil at all in there for some reason.
- When both sides are nice and crisp (it might take longer than usual because meat hasn’t yet adjusted completely to room temperature) place them into an air fryer basket (if you don’t have one simple line a pan with aluminum foil, with some kind of rack on the bottom).
- Then let them cook for about 10-12 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit (or 190 Celsius). It’s always better to check if they’re done cooking because every oven works differently.
You can serve this delicious dish either by itself or with side dishes like mashed potatoes or French fries. We also recommend serving it with some vegetables so you have a full balanced meal there. Bon appetite!
Final Thought about How to Use Cosori Air Fryer
Now that you know how to use Cosori air fryer correctly, it’s time to get cooking! But before we go on, please make sure you follow our tips and guides for proper usage.
Always remember not to overfill your basket with food or overcrowd any area of the appliance when frying. When using moist ingredients such as vegetables, start by adding them during the last 5 minutes of cooking time so they don’t overcook and turn soggy.
And most importantly – have fun experimenting with new recipes from this How to use Cosori air fryer blog post. If you want to know more recipes, let have a look at our online air fryer recipe directory!