Tips and Guides on How to Use Chefman Air Fryer in 2021
Do you want to know how to use Chefman air fryer? If yes, check this blog for tips and tricks on how to operate your appliance efficiently and successfully. The blog also mentions the precautions of the air fryer for a safer experience.
We’ve all heard of air frying before, but what exactly is it? It’s essentially just very low heat being used instead of oil or butter when cooking food. This allows for an even crispier texture than traditional frying without having any added calories or oils.
Air Fryers are all the rage right now, and it’s no surprise. Air fryers are a healthy alternative to deep-frying that is both convenient and easy to use. This article is all about Chefman and how to use Chefman air fryer.
Chefman designed their electric air fryer with a special convection fan that can cook foods to crispy perfection while circulating hot air around your food. While it’s not necessary for you to purchase an electric air fryer in order to get the benefits of this healthier cooking method, having one certainly makes the process easier.
Air fryer also allows you to enjoy many more types of food than you can prepare using other methods. It has created an air fryer that can cook anything from chicken nuggets to french fries with ease. This post will outline the steps for how to use Chefman air fryer so you can get started on cooking your favorite foods in minutes! In case, if you want to buy a new appliance from this brand, you may want to read our reviews about the top Chefman Air Fryer.
Basic information about How to Use Chefman Air Fryer
Before starting how to use Chefman air fryer, you should learn about all the important safeguards for this product and how to set up it for the first time when it arrives at your house.
Safety information is always the first thing you should think about when a new appliance comes to your home. Because if you don’t follow these guidelines, you may put your house and your family in danger. Everything could happen when we are talking about cooking. Therefore, you have to read these things before how to use Chefman air fryer section.
- Do not allow children or pets near or in contact with any part of this appliance, including cord and plug. Use only as directed.
- Do not disassemble, open the unit while running, remove parts for cleaning, service, or repair by anyone except a certified service technician or authorized service agent – use may result in an electric shock or fire hazard.
- This appliance must be grounded. If it should malfunction or break down, grounding provides a path of least resistance for electric current to reduce the risk of electric shock.
- This appliance is equipped with an electrical cord having an equipment-grounding conductor and a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances. Do not use the air fryer until you make sure it’s working correctly.
- Unplug when not in use, before cleaning or servicing, when moving from one location to another, and before changing or adding accessories.
- Never immerse any part of this appliance in water or allow liquids of any kind to enter the unit – they may cause a fire hazard or electric shock by creating a short circuit across parts that are hot from cooking oil or grease. If your air fryer should fall into the water, unplug it immediately.
- Keep your hands and the cooking surface away from the heating element – hot oil may cause burns.
- Always use oven mitts or potholders when adjusting or moving parts or removing food during frying operations. Make sure all controls are off before adding food for cooking (this is especially important if you have a model with preset programs such as fries).
- Do not cook frozen food in this appliance – they may contain residual ice crystals that can damage the unit or create an electric shock hazard by creating a short circuit across parts that are hot from cooking oil or grease.
- This is a must-read before coming to the how to use Chefman air fryer part. To avoid injuries, do not let children operate this appliance. Use extreme care when handling accessories and never them unattended near the fryer.
- Turn off the fryer before removing accessories that have been immersed in hot oil. Do not use cooking oil with a low smoke point – they can cause smoking and fire hazards.
- Do not attempt to remove or replace the metal mesh basket inside the pan/pot or on top of electric models. Food particles can accumulate around heating elements, which may start fires if overheated.
- Never leave the fryer unattended when cooking food – electrical units are designed for countertop use only. Keep children away from the fryer. Unplug immediately if you notice burning odors, hear unusual noises or see smoke coming out of your unit.
- Wipe up any spills of water, food pieces, or grease immediately with dry cloths as these could create an electric shock hazard by creating a short circuit across parts that are hot from cooking oil or grease.
- Keep the fryer’s surface clean. Inspect it regularly for signs of wear and tear (such as deformation of housing, cover, or pan/pot). If there is any evidence of material or workmanship defects, do not operate the fryer until it has been repaired.
- Do not use under direct sunlight. This safety guideline is more important to maintain your appliance than how to use Chefman air fryer section.
- Always keep the unit upright when in operation – they can cause burns if tilted over during frying operations. Do not allow the cord to touch hot surfaces (this can damage insulation).
- Never operate your appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner – do not attempt to make repairs yourself. Return your appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- This appliance is intended for household use only – it is not intended for commercial usage. A Grounded Outlet Box with a 20 Amp Time Delay Fuse or circuit breaker should be used when in an Industrial Environment.
- Use your fryer outdoors or near water sources (for example, bathtub, sink, or laundry tub) only if it is equipped with a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI).
- Do not handle any utensil which has fallen into hot oil and does not touch hot surfaces which are exposed while cooking food – they can cause burns.
- Avoid fire hazards by unplugging before changing accessories such as the metal basket inside the pan/pot or on top of units with electric models. Never leave cooking unattended – electrical units are designed for countertop use only.
- Do not fry large quantities of food at once or foods that require long cooking times, such as whole chicken or turkey – they may overheat the unit and cause it to trip the thermal cut-out/fuse. This precaution comes before how to use Chefman air fryer is to ensure that your food will be great.
- Use your appliance for heating ready-to-eat foods only. Do not deep fry in oil (some dishes like donuts can be baked using this appliance). These appliances generate heat and odors during operation! Keep doors and windows closed while in use.
- Never touch hot surfaces during cooking operations or when the unit has heated up after being turned off; they can cause burns! To avoid injury, never immerse the cord, plug, or the appliance itself in water or any other liquid.
- Do not fry frozen food items which have not been completely thawed, as these can cause your unit to trip the thermal cut-out/fuse. Do not use this appliance for anything or purposes other than cooking.
- The surface or exterior of these appliances becomes hot during operation! Ensure you allow enough space around it for proper ventilation – do not cover with cloths, papers, etc.
- If the oil starts to overflow from your pan/pot remove it from the heat immediately and clean excess oil with a paper towel before turning the volume down. Unplug if grease starts to burn – do not continue frying without supervision.
- Keep away flammable materials (such as curtains, tablecloths, papers, etc) from the fryer. Unplug when it is not in use – this appliance becomes hot during operation! If you don’t read this one before how to use Chefman air fryer, you may explode your kitchen in some ways.
- Never operate your appliance if it is damaged or faulty – have it repaired by a qualified service technician immediately. Never touch hot surfaces unless wear protective gloves to avoid burns while cleaning the pan/pot – some parts get extremely hot!
- Ensure all electrics are turned off before inserting food items into the oil. These appliances become very hot during operation so ensure you allow enough space around them for proper ventilation. Do not cover with cloths, papers, etc.
- Do not rapidly cool down your unit by immersing it in water, as this may cause damage to your unit. Be careful of grease spills when filling and removing the pan/pot from your fryer – never operate this appliance if it is in contact with oil or grease.
Setting Up Before Using Air Fryer for the First Time
This is a quick and easy guide to setting up your new air fryer. The rest of this section will give you more details on the steps, but it’s fun to see that you’ll be able to cook with your Chefman faster than most people can set up a new computer!
This part is important than how to use Chefman air fryer if you have bought an air fryer for the very first time.
The air fryer includes a removable basket that holds the food and a nonstick rotating stainless steel basket that is used to circulate hot air around the food. Please follow these steps in order from top to bottom:
- First, place the base of the unit on a secure table or countertop near an electrical outlet. Then, place the side handles on top of each side of your air fryer.
- Next, place one handle over the top of the other handle so that both are facing downward toward your table/countertop surface. Now you’re ready for step 3!
- Next, take off the lid cap by pressing down on opposite ends where it connects with black arrows facing opposite directions. Doing this will release a small set screw which will allow you to detach the lid cap.
- This will expose the rotating stainless steel basket. You may now attach your stainless steel basket by placing it in its hole and pressing it down until you hear a ‘click’.
- Finally, pour 3/4 cup of water into the nonstick pan and place it on top of the rotating stainless steel basket. It is important that this pan is placed inside of where the food would sit because water helps circulate heat through your air fryer.
- Now add your food to be cooked on top of your nonstick pan, replace the lid cap, plug in your cord near an electrical outlet, stare at how awesome it looks while you wait for cooking time to finish!
How to Use Chefman Air Fryer
This product is the perfect kitchen appliance for anyone looking to cook healthier without sacrificing flavor. An Air Fryer can be used to cook healthier, tastier meals in half the time it would take with traditional cooking methods. Here are the step by step on how to use Chefman air fryer:
Step 1: Prepare your food
Before using the air fryer, you must prepare your food to ensure it will turn out just right. Partially cook or fully thaw meat, poultry, and seafood. Vegetables should be washed and cut accordingly for best results.
For frozen meats, simply pat them dry before placing it in the fryer to eliminate excess moisture that will cause spattering during cooking time.
Step 2: Place your food in the fryer basket
This is the second step on how to use Chefman air fryer. Once preparation is complete, it’s time to load up your food! Place veggies on one side of the wire mesh basket while fatty meats should be placed on the other side.
Seafood can go either way but remember that thinner items may cook faster than larger items so spread about evenly throughout the basket if possible.
Step 3: Seasoning and oil
If you’re looking to add some extra flavor, go ahead and season your food before placing it in the fryer basket. You can use lemon pepper or any other kind of seasoning that suits your fancy!
To speed up cooking time, Chefman also recommends lightly misting (not drenching) with oil prior to cooking. This will help moisten food while keeping it crispy on the outside. This is the most useful thing that you may care about in this how to use Chefman air fryer section.
Step 4: Setting the timer
This step is easy; simply set the digital timer on top of your air fryer using arrow buttons to select desired cook time for your food. Depending on what you’re cooking, times will vary anywhere between 5 – 30 minutes (this includes preheating time).
Step 5: Enjoy!
Once the timer has gone off, take your fried food out of the fryer and enjoy! Keep in mind that foods will continue to cook even after they’re removed from the fryer so resist the urge to touch immediately or your meal may come out a little too well done.
Tips for How to Use Chefman Air Fryer when cooking
Here are some tips if you’re considering purchasing one of this air fryers to use in your home:
1) The key is NOT to use too much oil or fat when air frying foods. You can never put enough just to get by. It’s actually less than what you’d use when pan-frying!
Also, cut back on how much salt you normally add to your food when cooking because since the food cooks so fast- your food gets seasoned quickly and it can get salty fast.
2) Make sure that you thoroughly cook the meat and cook the meat all the way through. Don’t open the lid while cooking because all of your heat is lost! If you want to add more oil or other ingredients, wait until the end of your cooking cycle.
Also, make sure to take out any metal skewers or inserts before air frying- they will cause a fire (I learned this one from experience lol).
3) Air fryer instructions recommend using at least two cookie sheets for air frying foods. I use both racks when air frying fish and chicken wings and nuggets. You should only stack fried foods on top of each other if you want them crispy and crunchy.
4) Only use the temperature control knob on low/med-low because anything higher than that would cause a fire (that’s why your oven is equipped with high/low settings).
Keep an eye on your food while air frying, don’t let it stay in there too long. Also, make sure you’re cooking more than one batch at once because of the smoke and heat it’ll produce. This is crucial for how to use Chefman air fryer.
5) If you do not like opening your window for ventilation purposes, use a large fan to help blow away the hot smoke coming from your kitchen.
Once I feel that my unit has cooled down enough after using it, I open my window a crack just a little bit to release any remaining smoke or steam that might still be lingering inside.
6) If you use a fan, make sure the fan is blowing OUT of your window and not IN towards your kitchen.
Depending on where you live, some people may have to use a towel or clothespin to keep the door from closing itself completely because it will cause suction if there’s no wind going in or out of that window.
7) Cleaning your unit is very easy! Just fill up a bowl with water and dishwashing liquid and submerge the top part of the air fryer with all its parts inside for about 10-15 minutes. Once finished, let it dry overnight before using it again!
Don’t forget to wipe down the bottom tray as well as any other materials that can be washed. NEVER put your air fryer in the dishwasher or submerge the bottom part of your air fryer because it will corrode or rust.
8) If you have any food spills inside the housing, clean it out immediately after using it. Once left for a few days- you’ll notice some bad odors taking place afterward so make sure to wipe down all parts before storing!
There’s no way to avoid this unless you can find an odor-absorbing material to use. I personally have not tried that yet but the time will come soon enough when I do since buying new units just to keep them as spares are starting to become costly.
9) Never touch the heating element/coils on any air fryers if they are still hot!!! You may get burned and remember that the coils won’t completely cool down for a few hours depending on how long you’ve used them.
If they’re still hot- then let them cool down first before wiping any residue or grease that’s still left behind after cooking with oil or food sprays. You can see that reading this tip for how to use Chefman air fryer is to protect yourself when cooking.
10) Always keep an eye out on foods while using your air fryer because since it cooks so fast, most people tend to leave their food unattended thinking they have plenty of time!
Remember, there’s no preheating necessary so once you put your ingredients inside, immediately set the timer and walk away. Also, make sure to cover whatever opening is left with foil paper and don’t check on it too often but if you must- wait until the end of your cooking cycle to open it up!
11) If for some reason you see smoke coming out from the top of your unit- just switch off the unit right away and do not use it until your coils have completely cooled down.
If you notice a burning smell, also switch off the unit immediately and let it cool for a few minutes before using it again. Always wait at least 5 minutes after using it before checking on its progress or doing any other tasks around the kitchen!
12) Just to be safe, I cover all parts of the air fryer with aluminum foil paper except for the mesh grid tray. This is because of how sharp it can become when cooking foods that are fragile or may stick easily to their surface after being cooked.
13) The first time you use your air fryer, make sure all materials are wiped clean before turning on the unit! If there is any dirt or residue left behind on any part of the air fryer- especially around the heating element/coils, this can cause a malfunction in your unit and could its lifespan.
Always wipe down your materials before using your air fryer to avoid overheating your unit or any other malfunctions that can happen. How to use Chefman air fryer and maintain it would never be easy if you don’t know these tips.
14) If you’ve used oil to cook with, make sure the inside of the cover is also wiped clean because if there’s leftover oil- it will start smoking and burning very quickly so once again, wipe down all parts thoroughly after use!
Never place your Styrofoam or plastic box that came with your unit near an open flame or electrical outlet since this might melt it into a weird shape which could cause injury.
15) Don’t forget to wipe down the mesh grid tray after frying foods like French fries! This part usually accumulates more residue than anything else so just remember to spray some non-stick cooking oil or wipe it with a paper towel before placing your processed foods inside.
16) Never leave any oils or fats inside the air fryer for too long without wiping them down first into the sink because this could result in smoking, burning, and other malfunctions if not handled accordingly!
17) If there are any parts of your unit that needs cleaning (especially around heating coils), make sure they are completely cooled down before doing anything else since touching these areas could result in leaving fingerprints which can affect the warranty.
Most manufacturers will ask for proof of damage/malfunction before they’ll replace any units that have been used for a long period of time. Besides how to use Chefman air fryer, it is also necessary to know about the warranty policy.
18) If you notice your air fryer doesn’t cook the same way as the first time you used it, then this could suggest there is some dirt or oil stuck in its mesh grid tray. Try wiping out all parts with non-stick cooking spray and paper towels to remove excess residue before using again!
You might also want to refer to your instruction manual in case this is an issue with your unit’s functions that needs further servicing depending on the manufacturer.
19) Most air fryers can be stored in cabinet compartments which makes them smaller than most countertop appliances but if you don’t have room storage, then try placing them inside a cupboard or overhead cabinet.
Make sure to wipe both the top and bottom of it before you store it because dust can accumulate on the unit quickly if not properly wiped down after every use!
20) Also try storing your air fryer away from sunlight or areas that are too warm. These parts might not be cool enough to handle which could result to malfunctioning so just try keeping it in dry, cool areas with temperatures around normal room temperature for best results.
FAQs about How to Use Chefman Air Fryer
Do you need to preheat an air fryer?
Yes, it does. Air fryer need preheat time because the appliance has to reach 350-400 degree in order to cook well. If you put food in, without turning on the oven first, your cooking will take longer and this might result in undercooking or overcooking of the food.
Preheating takes only 5 minutes so if you are wondering how long does it take to preheat an air fryer, allow enough time when preparing food for cooking.
Where do you put the oil in an air fryer?
When you purchase an air fryer, it will come with its own set of accessories that include an instruction manual. The instruction manual should contain all the information you need on how to use your air fryer properly and safely.
We do not recommend using any other instructions outside of those found in the instruction manual so please keep them close for future reference.
How do you know when your air fryer is ready?
It’s simple. When the red light stops blinking, your air fryer is heated up and ready to cook! You may want to read the setup or how to use Chefman air fryer section above.
Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
The air fryer can be used to bake, roast, steam, grill, and deep-fry without added oil. The temperature in the fryer reaches 392° F which is able to cook or fry foods that are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Since using aluminum foil when cooking with an air fryer is not recommended by the manufacturer in any way it’s best to avoid this for safety reasons.
What can I cook in my air fryer?
You can cook almost anything you would cook inside a traditional oven or deep fryer using your air fryer, but I always recommend checking first with the manufacturer if your desired recipe is recommended before cooking it inside an air fryer.
You should also prepare foods according to package directions to ensure proper cooking and safety when using any type of oven or deep fryer to avoid food-borne illnesses.
How do I turn off the timer on my Air fryer?
To turn off the timer on your Air Fryer, simply touch the power button until it reads 0:00. This calculates for how long you have been cooking in total and will automatically shut off.
Read how to use Chefman air fryer thoroughly before using it to avoid any bad things happen. Please note that the fryer will remain hot after being turned off. Please be sure to allow enough time for it to cool before handling or performing any maintenance tasks.
How to Use Chefman Air Fryer to Make Recipes
Totinos Pizza Rolls Air Fryer
Make Totinos pizza rolls is easier than you think and they taste AMAZING! If you like the original, then you’ll love this recipe. Here’s what you need:
- Totino’s Pizza Rolls (1 pack per person) – I bought a 15 count box for $4 at Walmart. I had leftover dough but it didn’t matter because these little guys go quick!
- A bag of shredded mozzarella cheese (about 3 cups) – I used an 8-ounce block cut it up into cubes, about 1/2 cup each
- A jar of marinara sauce (optional) French bread pan- the ones with high sides will work perfectly for this recipe
- Oil spray with oil
- Aluminum foil Sheet tray- also known as a jelly roll pan
- Cutting board Pizza cutter – optional, but works great for cutting the dough
That’s all! The ingredient list is short and sweet so it won’t break the bank either. The clean-up is very minimal so you can start this recipe at 8 pm and have hot pizza rolls ready by 10 pm! Let’s get started on how to use Chefman air fryer to make this recipe:
- First things first, turn on your air fryer to 370°F (it will preheat). I am going to let it heat up while I cut up our dough into bite-size pieces that will fit into the baking pan. After you’ve cut them up, place them into a bowl.
- This part is really messy because there’s cheese and marinara sauce in the dough. You’ll notice a lot of recipes say to add a cup of cheese to your bowl, but I feel it’s too much and prefer the results when I use about 1/2 cup per roll.
- We want big cheesy bites, not too little where it will fall apart before you can get it into the pan. This is our preference and how I like them rolled up- if you don’t mind smaller bites then go with a full cup!
- Afterward, spray your baking pan with oil. Layout 8 ounces of mozzarella evenly across the pan and roll 10 pieces of dough at a time until they are coated in cheese and place them on top of the cheese – this makes for easy rolling.
- If you have a lot of little cheese chunks then use them for the next step. Take each roll and give it a quick twist on both ends before placing them into the pan, leaving about 1/2″ between each roll.
- If they are rolled too tightly together then they will all rise on one side after baking, so make sure you leave some breathing room! You can also take this time to decorate them however you want with some marinara sauce or garlic butter.
- Take your 8-ounce jar of marinara sauce (we used half of an 8 oz jar) and pour some over every 2-3 rolls that are touching each other then place into the oven for about 20 minutes. I rotated our pan every 5 minutes, taking them out once they were golden brown and starting the next pan.
- You could also use garlic butter instead of marinara if you prefer a more savory flavor or even add some to your cheese before rolling! Whatever tickles your fancy..
- Once they are golden brown, take them out and let them cool for about 5 minutes before removing them from the baking tray. I used tongs so it would be easier to grab all the goodies with our hands instead of using forks.
- We love dipping these in a marinara sauce but if you want an air fryer alternative try ranch dressing! Yes…Ranch. You’ll just have to experiment with what tastes best when doing this recipe.
That is how to use Chefman air fryer to make this recipe. Totinos pizza rolls are now a thing of the past and they taste way better. Enjoy!
Frozen Chicken Thighs in Air Fryer
I love eating out but when homemade is also possible that’s when healthy kicks in. One of the staple recipes that I like to cook with chicken thighs is frozen chicken thighs air fried. The chicken thigh meat has a decent amount of fat content so this makes it ideal for cooking using an air fryer. Below is how to use Chefman air fryer to cook this dish.
- Eight legs of chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Five garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Start by cutting up your garlic into small pieces, then place it in a bowl with the salt and mix until combined.
- Next, you’re going to want to coat each thigh thoroughly with the mixture until just about every piece of chicken is covered.
- Place all of your chicken thighs into your air fryer basket at once and set on 250 degrees for 25 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Then enjoy!
Conclusion about How to Use Chefman Air Fryer
An air fryer is a great tool for cooking your favorite foods, but it can be tricky to use. When using an Air Fryer always make sure that cut vegetables are not too big in size so they don’t block airflow. Avoid putting frozen food into an already hot oven as it will take longer than expected to cook through and may lead to undercooked or burnt edges.
To ensure you get the most out of this appliance and avoid any mishaps or accidents with regards to its use, follow our tips and guides on how to use Chefman air fryer above this article.