Tips and Guides on How to Use Black and Decker Air Fryer in 2021
Do you want to know How to Use Black and Decker Air Fryer? This guide will help you find your answer. If you have an air fryer from that brand and are finding the way to use it properly, then you are at the correct blog spot.
The Black and Decker air fryer is a high-quality kitchen appliance similar to the Tefal ActiFry, Philips Air Fryer and Breville CrispyTM.
It is one of the most popular products within this field because it was one of the first models to be released onto the market. It has always been known for providing equipment which is both functional and easy to use. But not everyone knows how to use Black and Decker air fryer efficiently and safely.
The air fryer is a relatively inexpensive appliance that can make your favorite fried foods healthier. It uses Rapid Air Circulation Technology, which enables the food to be cooked evenly in its own juices at temperatures up to 390 degrees F for delicious meals in less time than it takes to preheat an oven. No oil is required.
All you have to do with this machine is push start, set the timer, put food in the basket, place the basket into the machine and wait for your meal. Before going to how to use Black and Decker air fryer, let’s review one of its best products, the Black and Decker Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer.
Black and Decker Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer Review
The Black and Decker 2-Liter Air Fryer is the perfect appliance for your healthy, guilt-free adventures in the kitchen. Air frying allows you to enjoy deep-fried foods without having to use oil, leaving you with crispy delicacies like french fries, onion rings, and more!
No matter if you’re looking to whip up a dinner snack or an entire meal for yourself or 4 others, this air fryer takes care of it all thanks to its 2.5 lb capacity that can produce 2–4 servings at once.
The Black and Decker Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer is perfect for any food enthusiast with a yearning to have healthier options with just as much taste. It is also equipped with two powerful convection fans that surround your food in heated air. The appliance’s temperature ranges from 175-400°F, so feel free to explore how to use Black and Decker air fryer to make any of your favorite recipe opportunities!
The air fryer includes safety lock controls and automatically shut off when cooking has been completed so no worry about burnt fingers when trying to sneak one last peek into the pot before emptying!
- 2 liter (about 8 cups) capacity
- Dual Convection Fan
- Automatic shut off timer
- Non-stick and dishwasher-safe parts
- Wide range of temperature
- Cool-touch handle
- Clean up quickly and easily
- Cheap budget
- Cook frozen food quickly and nicely
- This is a quite small air fryer so if you have a large family, you may consider the Top 10 Best Large Air Fryers in 2021.
Basic information about How to Use Black and Decker Air Fryer
Figuring out how to use Black and Decker air fryer should be the second because you should always understand completely about your appliance before using it. In this part, I will introduce you to some safeguards and the setup of this product if you are new to this.
The Black and Decker air fryer has been very successful around the world, but users should be aware of some issues that could arise with this appliance. The user manual comes with a list of safety measures which must be taken into consideration, whether you just bought your air fryer or have had it for a while. These include:
- This machine is not a toy. To avoid possible injury to children while they are in the kitchen, always keep them under adult supervision when the air fryer is being used.
- Do not expose any part of your body or hand to hot surfaces at any time during the cooking process. The surface will get extremely hot and may cause skin burns. Preferably cook with proper heat-resistant gloves on both hands.
- Always stay at arm’s reach from the appliance when it is in use because it gets very hot during operation and remains so until it has cooled down completely. Avoid opening the lid immediately after cooking to prevent scalding yourself on the steam that escapes.
- The food should always be brought to room temperature before it is cooked in the appliance, as this will ensure even cooking and give good results.
- When heating liquids such as syrups, oils or fats, avoid using a plastic container for e.g a glass jar as they may explode due to extreme heat and cause serious injury. Therefore, be informed this before finding how to use Black and Decker air fryer is very important to your safety.
- If you have long hair make sure to tie it back well so it does not come into contact with the hot parts of the appliance while being used. When removing cooked products from inside the unit, remember that steam will rise from them and can burn your face if you are too close. In particular, when frying breaded foods watch out for flour dusting the air vent that will cause it to overheat.
- If there is any damage to your unit (such as cracks, dents, etc.) do not use it until you have it serviced at an authorized repairer’s workshop. This may be dangerous and can lead to injuries. Do not attempt to repair the appliance yourself as doing so will invalidate its warranty.
- If a food item pops out of one of the vents during cooking, turn off the appliance immediately and check if steam is coming out through gaps in areas where nuts or other foods may have got lodged inside. Never pick up hot food containers by hand but rather always use a pair of heat-resistant gloves or tongs when removing from inside the unit.
- Never put your fingers inside the food container or near the stirrer blades while cooking.
- Do not use this appliance for anything other than cooking; it is not a mini oven and should never be used for heating the room (it’s not designed to do so).
- The exterior can get very hot during operation, handle with care, always stay at least 20 cm away from its sides when handling.
- To avoid any damage to the unit, never place it or its power cord under running water or other liquids and do not submerge it in any liquid. Please unplug and empty all liquids before cleaning with a slightly damp cloth.
- Ensure that there is no residual moisture on surfaces while the appliance is still plugged in as this will cause short-circuit leading to overheating, permanent damage and even fire hazard.
- Do not use harsh detergents or abrasives for cleaning purposes (note: these can get inside your air fryer if you don’t ensure they are thoroughly rinsed off). Instead of using brushes please take mild soap and water solution to clean surfaces around intake and exhaust vents. Ensure that all cleaning agents are rinsed off thoroughly before using the appliance again.
- The warranty will be void if the appliance is damaged due to not following the above-mentioned safety precautions and usage guidelines. Always inspect your unit prior to use for any signs of damage (scratches, dents etc.) If you notice anything unusual please contact the service center.
- Also, clean the interior of your air fryer with a slightly damp cloth after each use by removing residual food particles which may cause bad odors or even shorten the lifetime of the appliance. Before going for how to use Black and Decker air fryer, reading this will help you to keep your advantages about the warranty policy.
- Remember to keep this instruction manual in case you need to read it again in future. Store it safely so that it does not get lost over time as information contained inside is important and could be required later on.
- Ensure that your air fryer is placed well away from any heat sources and electrical appliances such as TVs, radios or speakers. Never leave the unit unattended while cooking as it may cause accidents or injuries especially if you place it close to people sitting around the room (within 0.5 – 1 m).
- Children should always be supervised by an adult when using this appliance. When done for the day unplug and let cool before storing in a safe dry place out of reach of children and other unauthorized persons.
- Please do not immerse the appliance in water or other liquids for cleaning purposes
- When cooking small items such as coffee beans or nuts always place them inside an appropriate container such as a metal sieve to avoid any risk or injury.
- If your appliance should become damaged in any way please contact the service center for assistance. Do not attempt to repair the unit yourself as this will invalidate the warranty.
- The use of accessories other than those supplied may cause injuries, fire hazards or damage to the appliance. Be sure that lids are securely closed while cooking food inside to avoid possible burns from condensation build-up within lids while cooking small items such as rice, coffee beans etc.
- Ensure children do not place anything on top of the appliance when it is in operation; if they do remove it immediately and switch off the air fryer before removing the item laying on top
- Do not place any objects or liquids inside the main unit. If any foreign object penetrates through the air outlet grille, unplug immediately and contact your dealer for assistance.
And there you have it! Be sure to keep these things in mind, whether you are new to Black and Decker air fryers or if this applies to your older machine. Always stay safe when using appliances like these; read user manuals carefully for more information on how to use Black and Decker air fryer correctly.
Setting Up Black and Decker Air Fryer for the First Time
Today, technology has advanced so much that I can now eat healthy even when deep frying. The Black and Decker Air Fryer is kitchen equipment that uses hot air to fry your food just like a deep fryer but without using any oil. No more worrying about the unhealthy effects of cooking with oil!
But before hitting how to use Black and Decker air fryer, let’s set up it first. Here are the steps to follow when setting up a black and decker air fryer for the first time:
- Read the instruction manuals included with your air fryer carefully before attempting to cook something inside it for the first time. You can find them packaged in a plastic bag inside the box of your fryer. Not following straightforward instructions listed there is hazardous as most models of air fryers have similar components working together, but not exactly alike.
- In all cases, you should never try cooking anything until you are familiar with how things work because that would be dangerous. If you are uncomfortable or unsure about how to operate the machine, leave the learning process for later on when you’re more comfortable with it, or consult an authorized service center.
- Assemble the parts correctly. If you have a digital display air fryer, ensure that all buttons and knobs are plugged in completely to their outlets before powering it on. Then, fill the food basket with cut veggies or your preferred ingredients for frying, close the lid and plug it into an electricity source.
- Some models come with a detachable power cord so if yours has one, detach it from its storage space at the back of your fryer’s body and connect it to a socket you want to use instead. An LED screen should light up after doing so. NOTE: You can find which sockets to use for different appliances by consulting a wall socket guide online.
- The instructions for how to use Black and Decker air fryer may be slightly different depending on the model you got, but if it’s a digital display air fryer, you can usually access cooking modes by pressing its power button. Choose one which is similar to your preferred dish (e.g., chicken nuggets if that’s what you’re frying) and press “start.”
- After 15-20 minutes, an alarm should sound with an indicator light blinking repeatedly to signal it’s done. Check by inserting a fork or toothpick into the food item; If it comes out clean, that means your food is ready.
- If there are no buttons on your black and decker air fryer, simply plug in after assembling components correctly and wait for lights to show up. Try testing the unit first before frying your real food by pressing the power button and waiting for an indicator to light up as a test.
- It will let you know if everything is set up correctly. After this, switch to another light that indicates your preferred cooking mode and press it once more to start cooking.
- To stop the machine from cooking, either wait for a beeping sound with a blinking indicator to show up denoting it’s done or simply hit the power button again to shut it down manually.
So there it is! The most important things you should know about setting up Black and Decker Air Fryer for your first use. With these tips in mind, you’ll be frying like a pro in no time!
How to Use Black and Decker Air Fryer
After dealing with the setup, you should know how to use Black and Decker air fryer right away to cook several dishes for your family with ease. These are the general steps to use this product:
- Start by setting your temperature. The temperature dial is located at the top of your appliance. This control will be used to determine how hot your appliance gets.
- Then put in the cooking rack by removing the handle on top of the unit and sliding it into place. You can then add your food to the top tray. Exposure to steam, oil or direct contact with a hot surface will cause irreversible damage to your air fryer’s non-stick coating.
- You can now close the front door of your appliance and make sure that it is properly locked. This will ensure that no heat escapes when you are cooking.
- Before turning it on, make sure there are no items in front or around where you are placing the fryer because it could burn someone standing too close to it until it reaches its required temperature
- Once heated, select cook time. Your air fryer will automatically start cooking when it is preheated. Most foods take around 15-30 minutes to be cooked, depending on the thickness and type of food being cooked
- It’s ready! Stir your food for best results during cooking. If you’re making snack-sized portions it may cook faster than larger servings. Check that the center part of the food is thoroughly cooked before dishing out to serving plates or bowls
Tips for How to Use Black and Decker Air Fryer when cooking
In recent days, many people have had their own air fryers but they are still curious about how to use Black and Decker air fryer most efficiently to get their best food result. So, to troubleshooting these curiosities, I will you some tips to use this appliance in this part. These will help ensure that your food turns out delicious every time.
- Cooking with oil is not necessary when using an air fryer. But if you still wish to use it, go for small amounts of oil since the air fryer does a better job in cooking food compared with traditional ovens which require more oil or butter for them to taste good. That said too much oil can be bad for your health thus healthy cooking is always recommended.
- The most common mistake people make when using an air fryer is overcrowding it up with ingredients thus making them obstruct heat from circulating. This results in undercooking or burning off some ingredients while others are still raw. Ensure to follow the instructions on how many ingredients should be placed inside the air fryer to avoid such cooking problems.
- Another common mistake people make is putting cold food inside an air fryer when it is supposed to cook food at a certain temperature for a specific time period which comes with the manual provided when purchasing the air fryer and also online through Black and Decker official website.
- The operating time may vary among different models and manufacturers but all that matters is that you read thoroughly the instructions written in your manual before beginning any cooking process using your air fryer.
- To keep your family healthy, always ensure that you wash well the utensils with mild detergent before using them, you probably may want to make use of a scrubber for this purpose.
- Ensure to always read the manual booklet carefully when cooking since most manufacturers don’t recommend their products to be used by people below 16 years old which means that they are not safe for even kids whose ages are higher than 16 years. That’s why knowing this and how to use Black and Decker air fryer is will protect your children.
- While many people wish to cook in bulk, it is advisable that you do not exceed more than 2/3rds full load in your air fryer but if you have an XL size air fryer or if you are cooking in batches then there’s nothing wrong with doing so as long as the total time doesn’t exceed more than 1 hour 30 minutes.
- When cooking a small and fast meal in bulk, you may want to consider using multiple air fryers or buying a bigger one which can accommodate all your ingredients.
- While purchasing an air fryer ensure that it has a warranty period since this indicates the confidence the manufacturer has in their product and provides evidence of its quality and durability even when used for long periods without problems.
Thus if you buy such a product then you will not have to worry about spending money on repairs in case it gets damaged after some time because during purchase; they should give you a good explanation of how the warranty works and any conditions attached to them.
- To avoid cold spots when cooking with your Black and Decker Air Fryer, make sure to stir your ingredients at least once to ensure that heat from the fryer is distributed evenly which also ensures your food is cooked properly and tastes great.
- Cooking frozen food in your air fryer isn’t a good idea since this may take a long time before it gets fully or partially defrosted, after which you may end up with undercooked or overcooked food depending on how fast your air fryer works.
This will result in too much consumption of electricity because even when cooking at the lowest temperature, the whole process takes a lot of time thus such should be avoided if you want to save cash on electricity bills and use an air fryer regularly.
- If you wish to cook crispy French fries then consider mixing them with raw potatoes before placing them inside your air fryer, this results in evenly cooked fries that are crispy and delicious.
- While cooking food in an air fryer ensure that you don’t overcrowd the basket with ingredients unless instructed to do so since it can take a long time for all these ingredients to cook properly but if they are fully cooked at the same time then there may be chances of undercooked or overcooked food which is not good for your health.
- Ensure to use oil wisely when using an air fryer because some models may require more oil than others thus try as much as possible to follow your instruction manual booklets on how many milliliters of oil you should put inside each batch of cooking ingredients and also try to avoid excess oil because it may not be healthy for your family’s wellbeing.
- If you wish to know how to use Black and Decker air fryer to bake cakes and other pastries, then I recommend that you use a silicon tray which is spacious for the purpose and also can withstand high temperatures.
This helps to prevent burnt fingers and any possible damages caused by the baking tray during cooking because since most models of air fryers heat up to very high temperatures thus causing even plastic trays/baking cups to melt if they are not made from strong materials such as silicon.
- If you desire crispy French fries after washing them as usual, ensure to dry them properly before placing them inside your cooker because wet French fries will result in uncooked delicious food but only if placed on the top rack as instructed by your manual.
- If you can’t smell anything from your air fryer even when it is on, the chances are that the fan inside has a problem thus all you have to do is call for a repair or replacement of a new one because it only indicates a malfunctioning fan and this should not worry you at all since it’s normal and easy to fix with minimum time consumption.
- For those who love deep fried food but wish to avoid calories from oil in their body then consider buying an air fryer which functions by quickly circulating hot air around ingredients placed inside the fryer basket thus using little or no oil when cooking which makes all deep fried foods healthy and delicious without any issues regarding nutritional value.
- According to studies, when cooking food in an air fryer the smell of perfectly made French fries and onion rings is more than enough to make any mouth drool without even tasting such foods because they smell great thus if you plan on buying one ensure that you place it in a location where people will be able to smell your cooked food with ease.
- While cleaning your air fryer I recommend that you soak all removable parts and surfaces inside hot soapy water for some time and then use a non-abrasive cloth or sponge scrubber to remove any stains/food stuck on any surface before drying with a clean paper towel instead of using harsh chemical cleaners.
These may damage certain surfaces thus making them useless when trying to cook food in such damaged areas. Knowing this besides how to use Black and Decker air fryer will help you save much more time on cleaning up the appliance.
- If you wish to cook crispy french fries then ensure that your air fryer reaches a good temperature before placing the food inside and also never put too much oil or butter on top of them.
Because excess oil/butter may fall down while cooking and cause steam burns which is hazardous for your skin thus always follow the exact amount of oil/butter recommended by manufacturers while cooking any type of food in an air fryer.
- To maintain cleanliness when using an air fryer it’s important to remember that some types like to retain excess fat, grease and oils used to cook food especially if you use more than the required quantities.
Thus I recommend that you manually pour out extra leftovers from time to time and also consider cleaning the inside of your fryer more often if you frequently cook foods which require large amounts of fat, oil and grease.
- I recommend that you always read through your manual carefully to know how many grams/milliliters each food ingredient takes up before placing them inside such as vegetables, French fries or any other type of dish because some air fryers have a non-stick tray at the bottom while others use metal trays.
Thus I suggest that you pour water on top of either surface and see whether it forms beads or not after absorbing into the tray’s surface then wash thoroughly and dry with a paper towel for further cooking.
- After knowing how properly clean an air fryer, you are also advised to know that some types have removable parts which are dishwasher safe while others are not so it’s important that you check your manual before attempting to clean an air fryer with a dishwasher
Because it may damage certain surfaces especially if the user failed to understand how to properly clean every surface without harming them.
- New users should remember to always place food inside the fryer basket first then close the lid and press START before setting any cooking time needed for crispy delicious foods but old users should remember to do things in reverse order so as not to forget anything required for making healthy tasty food out of nothing.
That’s all tips about how to use Black and Decker air fryer in a safe and efficient way that I have known. If you are looking for the recipes, keep reading on. That part is nearly the end of the article.
FAQs about How to Use Black and Decker Air Fryer
There are also a lot of questions that people want to know the answer to. Here are some of them.
Do you preheat Black and Decker air fryer?
Yes, you should do that. Black and Decker air fryer requires a preheat time of 2 minutes at 180 degrees C, prior to cooking. This ensures that the temperature is stabilized before being used. Always have someone check the temperature on a thermometer as it should be between 200-230 degrees when cooking.
Is Black and Decker Air Fryer good?
This is one question that many people have been asking online lately. The Air Fryer technology has made a way to our kitchens and we all love to use it. They make cooking fast and easy while still making sure we get the best results possible.
However, the company Black and Decker (B&D) may not be as popular as Philips or other companies like them, but they know how to create great products at good prices. And one of their newest products is this B&D Air fryer that can help us replace some of our kitchen appliances such as deep fat fryers and ovens by making everything simple and fast like never before!
What temp does the Black and Decker air fryer cook at?
The air fryer usually works at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
What can you cook in a Black and Decker air fryer?
The first question people usually ask after how to use Black and Decker air fryer. The Black & Decker Airfryer is not just for frying! You can fry, bake, roast, grill and much more with it. You are limited only by your imagination. Here are some examples of things you could cook:
- French fries
- Chicken breasts
- Lamb cutlets
- Vegetables fried rice
- Greek meatballs Shish kebab
- Salmon fillet
Do you have to clean air fryer after every use?
It is recommended you clean the air fryer after each use. It will take around 10 minutes and you can avoid undesired odors and discoloration.
Black and Decker Air Fryer Recipes
Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in Air Fryer
Breaded frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer recipe is a great and easy to make a snack for any occasion. This recipe will provide you with breaded cheese sticks that are crispy outside and melting inside. They taste just like deep fried version without having all the oil!
- 8 oz (225 g) of Mozzarella Cheese cut into sticks
- 1 cup (120 g) of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten well
- 2 cups (90 g) of Italian style bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the mozzarella cheese bars between two paper towels. Press with hands to remove some of the moisture.
- Dip cheese sticks into flour, then dip in beaten eggs and coat with bread crumbs.
- Arrange coated mozzarella sticks onto a lightly greased baking sheet covered by parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Bake at 350°F (177°C) for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot immediately with favorite sauce if desired.
Crispy, crunchy and tasty! This recipe provides you with breaded cheese sticks that are crispy outside and melting inside. That’s how to use Black and Decker air fryer to make this recipe.
Frozen Pizza in Air Fryer
Today I wanted to share with you my latest discovery, Frozen Pizza in Air Fryer. Make sure your air fryer is preheated before starting this recipe. There’s nothing worse than getting started cooking and then realizing that your air fryer isn’t ready!
Frozen pizza cooked at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Crispy on the outside, gooey cheesy on the inside!
- 1 package of frozen pizza (I used Low Carb High Protein – JENNIE-O Lean Ground Turkey & Cheese Pizza – only 3 carbs per serving!)
- 3/4 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese or any type of cheese you like (not included in nutritional info below)
Note: Make sure you use a pizza that is thin, crispy and completely cooked.
- How to use Black and Decker air fryer to make this recipe? Start by spraying the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray (this will make your life easier later). If you don’t own an air fryer, first preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Spray the top of frozen pizza with extra virgin olive oil using one of these Misto Oil Sprayers. Don’t skip this step because otherwise, you run the risk of having soggy crusts! Place pizza in Aire Fryer basket, close lid and set timer for 3 at 350 degrees F.
- When your air fryer is ready, open the lid and very carefully take out the pizza using tongs. Flip over and top with cheese. Close lid and set timer for 3 more minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove pizza from Air Fryer using tongs, serve hot! This frozen pizza in air fryer recipe was so easy to make and it tasted really good.
Conclusion about How to Use Black and Decker Air Fryer
Black and Decker is a brand that you can trust. The product is a great kitchen appliance to help you save time and energy. If you are new to the kitchen or looking for a way to cook healthier foods while still enjoying some of your favorite dishes, an air fryer may be just right for you!
You should follow these tips and guides on how to use Black and Decker air fryer if it’s time for you to purchase one. Even if this device isn’t exactly what suits your needs at home, our blog has plenty of other helpful advice about cooking up delicious meals in the comfort of your own kitchen!